CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

^^ Even if TPTB don't bring Sam (and Reed to a lesser extent) back on screen for money, time, casting or whatever issues, they could at least mention them! An angry phone call between Flack and Sam, only hearing Flacks side of it, would make things not only more believable, but would also clear up a lot of things.

Really, how hard is it to write a few lines of dialogue, especially for just one character?

Flack (on phone): Hey Sam.

No I'm not trying to 'drown my sorrows', I'm not you.

What do you mean someone saw me stagger out of a bar? One of your alcoholic drug-dealing friends right?!

I don't need you to worry about me! I can take care of myself!! *slams phone shut*

Or something along those lines.

See TPTB, that's all we ask for!!

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Aww, cute pic. :) I'm enjoying Hill's updates and pictures.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Your Hired!!!

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yeah, I can see how the word seems out of place, in light of Flack's established character. For all I know, they threw it into the casting-call without actually considering its full meaning. Or the word is meant to be used strictly from Lieutenant Sythe's POV. Sythe, who either may not have worked with Flack for all those years before "Pay Up" (and may thus not know him well at all); or may only be using the word with Mac out of pure frustration over Flack's "screw-ups" of the past few months (and thus might not be taking Flack's previous record into account at all).

I still don't think, though, that it would take a whole lot of retconning to have the term "chronic screw-up" seem applicable if they actually show the stages of Flack's storyline, and any screw-ups he may take on through each episode. (Even if it wouldn't be able to stand as a long-term definition of his overall behaviour.) I mean, for us viewers, eight episodes of Flack-in-grief ("Pay Up" through to 6.08, presumably) doesn't seem nearly enough time for him to earn the label of "chronic" screw-up -- but "Cuckoo's Nest" is going to be airing sometime in mid-November, and "Pay Up" took place in June. And we know that the CSI:NY seasons usually run through an entire year even in-story (because Lindsay managed to have a baby within the course of 23 epiosodes). So I think the amount of time that passes between episodes airing on TV is the same amount of time that passes in the CSI:NY-verse. Even though they've screwed up the timeline a bit what with all the cliffhanger endings, I think it's still fairly safe to assume that at least three months have passed between the time of Angell's death and the time that Lieutenant Sythe will start flipping his s**t over Flack's behaviour. And that is a fairly long period of screwing-up. Flack is totally entitled those months to grieve; but someone (ie, Sythe) who may not be sympathetic to Flack's situation and who would've witnessed the "screw-up" behaviour for those months, he may feel Flack completely earns the title of "chronic screw-up".

Erm, not that I'm trying to sympathize/defend this Sythe guy, since I don't even know who he is :lol: Just trying to see the thought process behind slapping Flack, of all characters, with the label of a chronic screw up. I agree that the term is a bit out there.

LOL. I'm still mostly on the fence about Haylen, but I will say that I love love love her outfit :cool: At least, the one in "Epilogue". As work-inappropriate as it may have been.

5. Duke

Duke Witness

Exactly! Like they couldn't work something like that into one episode. :scream: Even though I rather they bring Sam back, a telephone call would do. I thought she was great. Loved her.

6. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks for the promo Perlnoir. Was it only me or did it seem a little far fetched this storyline? Do you really think someone could control cars and elevators and such? Well next week looks a little more believable of a storyline. And I like that they threw a little flash back in there for Flack. One of these days Mac isnt going to believe Flack when he says he is "Fine" it will probably be when Flack has a suspect down on the ground and has his hands around the guys neck squeezing the life out of him.....he's fine!!

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i suspect mac doesn't believe him already, but i think mac is one of those people who doesn't like to be hounded into spilling details when he's not feeling great and also says he's "fine" and as he feels like that he probably doesn't want to push flack.

as for the 602 storyline, yes i think it is plausible. maybe they took it a bit further than reality but given how linked systems tend to be, and how many things crash with the slightest bug in a system, yes i think it's plausible.

10. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

11. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I just wanted to put in there, that I agree they should bring in Sam. I can't figure out why nobody is just patting Flack on the shoulder. Now I know how people can be, when they don't want your help they push you away. I'm kind of the same way, but sometimes just one person coming up, like Mac, who has been through it can go "I know you don't probably want to talk, but...we are here and listening." Can sometimes just let you know, your not alone and they're are people to talk to, even if your not wanting to yet.

They are going to wait until Flack is in trouble to help him, when they probably could have helped him before he started his downward spiral. Kind of brings me back to that quote I did of Third Watch, "How come you can't help your own, until its to late?"

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of Flack being tormented, I love the fact Eddie is actually getting something to work with and show off his great talent that we all know he has and seen. I'd just like to see more of his friends trying to come around him, not waiting until he is actually in trouble. I guess we have gotton it a litlte with Mac "noticing" but to me that's not good enough LOL. What can I say, I'm a greedy lil biaaaatch ;)

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i know what you mean, i think that for people that are meant to be his friends and colleagues they're mostly doing quite a good job of ignoring it. mac is definitely making some kind of effort but i suspect his own insularity stops him doing more, and i can totally understand that. i'm shocked that stella hasn't seemed to notice or say anything but given how she seems to have distanced herself from the danny situation as well, and that that suggest she's having issues as well, i guess it makes sense that she might not have noticed as she's not on her usual perceptive form.

i am actually quite excited about the tormented flack story, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

13. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I totally agree with you guys about Sam. But another thing about yesterday's episode, when Mac and Flack got that one guy and he stepped on a needle. Am I the only one that feels he went a little to far? Like i mean when he took his picture and stuff, cuz i dont know it made me feel uncomfortable and i was just watching it, it just didn't seem Flack ,or maybe it did, it was just over Flack.

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yeah whats up with Stella anyway? Yesterdays episode had her really distant to everyone. I can understand Mac and I agree with you he does have his eye on it and is noticing. Men are not big on intruding into another mans privacy of emotions. It does seem that Flack and Mac could end up pretty close in all of this. But Stella? she is usuallty the first one there has she even had a conversation with Flack yet? I cant remember.

15. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

^Stella has barely had any interaction with anyone this season (that we've seen anyway). Her night with Adam, that one discussion with Mac, and that's it really. Any interaction with the others has been limited at best, and as far as I know she hasn't even talked to Flack.

Now, assuming that Stella was the one who helped Mac recover after 9/11, it would make sense that she would at the very least talk to Flack. Yet we've seen nothing like that.

As for Mac helping Flack, I doubt it's a case of a guy being hesitant to deal with another guy's emotions. After all, Danny cried on Mac's shoulder in 'Run Silent, Run Deep'. I think it's more that Mac is so socially awkward that he doesn't know how to help Flack or even begin the conversation. Yes Flack is going through the same thing he went through, but that doesn't mean that Mac is going to automatically know what to do. It's obvious that he suspects something, but probably won't step in until it endangers Flack's job, a case, or Flack himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.