CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

2. Trillian42

Trillian42 Victim

Awesome pics!
    Funny though...isn't the actress named Mia Kirshner, and the character is named Deborah Carter? And why can't Flack tuck in his damned shirt? I know he's grieving, but c'mon! :confused:

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...ahem. *best james earl jones voice* "...and so it begins again..." :p

So benignly helpful, Adam is. :lol:

Well. Glad that's settled. Wouldn't want to see such a virile fella like Messer inna wheelchair for too long now would we. Letting all those bad guys run amok an' everything. Not after he's discovered he's a rain god.

And I see we managed one whole episode before DL found it's way back into Conversational Q&A. Cos ya know. I wuz so, so wraught and fraught and fretting. Nothing predictable unfolding here atall, is there. On any level.

*Phew.* I mean. Thank christ I popped in. Now I can sleep.

:brickwall: :lol: :brickwall: :lol: :brickwall: :p

:shifty:

My head hurts.

Thanks for pic links :). Oo lookie. Haylen, in da labs. Spellchecking her name, no doubt, or seeing how many others who share it are in NYC. Get 'er, Stella. I don't see no Adam. :p Hi Bubba. Some nice shots of Hawkes. Lookin mighty animated in one scene :lol:, and, he's got his glasses (mebbe that was a winning Twit Poll :p). Be forewarned. Don't scroll down too far though. Ya might see Messer inna wheelchair. Teh Horror. Teh. Horror.

:p

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that they're going down the alcoholism road with Flack and neglecting to bring back Sam. In fact I think PV said something in the off-season about not having a story line to tie her to this season... Wuh? I don't feel like anyone even CONSIDERS previous and future seasons of this show when they sit down to hack out a story.

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

:angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz: Don't even care, so long as we don't actually have to see the DLism eating the episode again.

Thank you! I don't know how popular an opinion this is, but I really like Flack of the untucked shirts and the skinny-ish jeans :lol: He doesn't look too scruffy in this episode, though...

So I'm guessing Haylen's gotten her job in the lab by 6.04?

6. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

What gets me is that TV Guide said Flack would deal with Angell's death by focusing on his work but now he's gonna have a drinking problem. We've already seen him with a woman AND flirting with another at a crime scene so I'm guessing he goes down the sex and alcohol path to deal with her death.

Here's what PV said:

You guys mentioned a while back that CSI: NY producers were planning to bring back Reed, Mac's stepson, and Sam, Flack's sister, this season. How's that going? — Clarisse

MegaBuzz: Not too well, actually. Executive producer Pam Veasey tells me that ebb and flow of story ideas in the writers' room just haven't ebbed back toward those characters. But don't give up hope. "These two characters are always on our minds," Veasey says. "And if they do return this season, it will be quite riveting."

So yeah, I'd like to know why Sam isn't coming back. We saw Flack follow her to an AA meeting and learn she has a drinking problem. That was almost a year ago. Do Don and Sam not talk to each other often? I find it hard to believe they can't work Sam into a storyline. They can't have her going to check on Don to see how he's doing now that Jess is gone?

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I so agree with this and you would think now that Sam was on the road to recovery Don would go out of his way too see how she was doing. Lets hope they "Find a way" to get her back into script.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Messerfan THANK YOU I LOVE IT!!!!LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we will have many cases with Stella mas and Sheldon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debb :D (happy Stellarina!)

10. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Lovelly pic!!! thank youuu!! Lovelly Melina and Lovelly Hill!! Can we have one with all the men in CSI:NY??? :drool: :drool::drool:
    Thanks for sharing the link!!!!

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

YEAH! Mary mou! That would be explosive yummy yummy:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I want to see Gary especially:drool:

12. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

13. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

More discussion about Flack's alcoholism and barhopping etc has kinda brought me back to this. :p And while I'm quoting Maya here, it's just a lead in to more general musing about where the show seems to be taking Flack this season. And how they're doing it.

Chronic: prolonged; long lasting; recurrent; a habitual, ongoing, and longstanding manner; constant; frequent; perpetually recurring; inveterate; continuing for a long time, opposite of Acute; habit or pattern of behavior characteristic and definitive over substantial duration of time; incessant; never ending; accustomed; routine; protracted.

Even if they do actually have a !Montage illustrating some screw ups that have happened in the what, 3 months since Pay Up occurred, that to me is not a substantial enough period of time to counter the behavior and character history they've created, established, and implied over the past five years. Flack wasn't characterized as a screw up. That was far more a realm the show had Messer, if anyone, dip his toe into. Utility Guy that he is. If they're trying to contrast Flack's past upstanding reputation with extreme behaviour in grief, "chronic" becomes counter productive. (Curiously, if behavior is chronic, then it would seem to be, without a degree in psychology I suppose, problematic or at least a little complicated to describe it as Out Of Character, wouldn't it).

I get what you're saying. Using it to further emphasize the spiral Flack's in. And yet. I stand by what I said. Why use the word at all.

A montage or an establishing scene or two would be a cheap way to State that "Fact." It lacks the weight of enough time in the face of such a description to make it Chronic. Alternatively, if they go further back into Flack's career and family than the months since the shooting at the bar, then it's retroactively creating and inserting instances of behaviour to be able to suggest his behaviour is chronic. And if it's not meant to comment on earlier seasons, nothing but the circumstances setting up the tone for this one, then there's no reason to call it Chronic at all. "Screwing up" while learning to cope would easily be enough.

Flack screwing up is one thing. Call it aftermath, causality & effect, drama, dandy, it's all perfectly in keeping. And yes, OOC. Recognizable by all, even without the "Chronic" being tagged on. Being now so labelled either (a) could actually say more about the character of Sythe, using him in several ways, or (b) it's the show retconning Flack to make it a viable fit. I'm on the fence with regards to where they're taking him this season as it is, and this isn't helping. I guess it's also possible that it's just a teeny tiny word in the mix that may not actually manifest on screen at all. :p

It would take someone who hasn't seen the previous five seasons to buy Flack as a Chronic Screw Up, even as it's also made perfectly clear it's OOC. However that internal whiplash works. It's about on par with saying Messer's family are self-policing and prosecuting mobster-cops who wreak havoc and then clean up the streets after themselves, simultaneously costing and saving the taxpayers money. Model citizens and fans of Chinatown & The Departed both.

Bleh. It's one word in a casting call. :lol: But it is something that caught my attention. I suppose cos I'm not in a particular whirl over Adam and Stella and Danny and Raindrops and Haylen and her boots made fer walkin' yada. :p

'Chronic' just strikes me as an odd choice of word, from people who make a living with them.

If I assume it's deliberate, then it's puzzling. And that above all is probably what I'm poking at, as much as or more than I'm truly concerned about what's likely to be the final cut onscreen.

Back to Sam.

Maybe Flack will now, present tense, become a permanently changed man in light of everything that's happened. So why re-write his past. And why not bring back Sam? And not just because of her own alcoholism. She is the self-proclaimed black sheep of a family who, in her eyes, never screwed up, at least not like she continually does. She could have been a very poignant voice and player in helping to illustrate the difference between who Don used to be, and who would know better than her, and who he now seems to be. The more I think about this the more a hugely wasted opportunity it could be, should they not find a way to include her, or at least reference his family.

As for Flack the bar-hopping Playa. He had a kind of driven, workaholic phase in Pay Up, culminating in him killing the suspect. And now he seems to have run that driven tendency off the proverbial cliff, and is now just spinning wheels. Making him increasingly workaholic might have been viewed by the show as treading territory too similar to where Mac was (and still sorta is). I like that they're finding other ways to show what the aftermath is doing to Flack. But. As nice as it is to see that the writers are generally branching out into deeper waters for characters, I'd say also that TPTB are taking advantage of Eddie's charm and sexiness and wrapping it up part and parcel into nihilistic grief for ratings. Perhaps hoping people remember things like his Bond episode, his girlfriend from the charity hockey game, and the fact he's a guy who has such prowess with women he can score three phone numbers from female law enforcement personnel just by showing up at a crime scene.

Curious, still very perplexed and curious, about where the show's going this season.

Thanks for posting that. Aw. His set snaps always make me smile. :) I see Melina's mothership shades have made a return :lol: And I'm kinda liking the longer hair for Hill this season too. :p

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly! purely in basic medical terms a chronic condition has to be have been going on *at least* 3 months, so flack has a little way to go yet :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.