8x02 - 'Hostile Takeover' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Sep 25, 2009.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree with everything you just said. One of the reasons I erased the season premiere off my PVR after the show was over (really wasn't planning on watching it again) was how certain characters were ignored. Those of us who are fans of Ryan and Natalia waited all summer to see them and then they have no lines and little exposure. It is an insult to both JT and ELR who have been on the show for awhile and work as hard as the others do. HT was better in that regard but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Agreed. I'll admit it when I saw the previews and saw Jesse shirtless I thought it was just for eye candy but it wasn't. Jesse took off his shirt to help and was given another shirt to wear not too long after. The scene made sense.

3. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I wondered the same, that man goes everywhere with those shades! Even into a freakin' hostage situation! :shifty:

Well, at least the bad guys now know who or what to target if they ever need Horatio to do something.....just kidnap his damn shades....he'll probably whimper and sputter like a baby and do whatever they want!:guffaw:

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about Jesse taking his shirt off, even IF the network did it for eye-candy purposes, at least it wasn't some blatant show-off, this was handled in the best way it can be handled and they didn't make some big OMG moment out of it, there was no close-up focus on his body. I mean, they focused instead on his face/head in the close-ups, which is a smart move on their part. It was a quick scene and then the storyline moved along. That moment was done alot better than what I've seen on other shows.

I too enjoy watching shows for the characters, but I really don't think that whole shirtless scene was really any wrong, it worked in the logical sense, and besides, it was a rather nice body to look at anyways....so I can't complain....;)

And as for Jesse speaking, he didn't do anything that the other CSI characters haven't done. And really the HT was hearing yakking from both sides of the conversation, he's got Horatio talking in one ear and Jesse speaking in the other, heck, if I was the HT, I'd probably go crazy and shoot someone too.

That's not to say that Jesse doesn't need improvement on his hostage-crisis skills, but singling him out for that one moment is a bit hypocritical since other members of the CSI team have done the same thing in the past where they can't stop talking/trying to calm down the suspect that in turn caused the suspect to be more confrontational.

And anyways, Jesse being not skilled at hostage crisis at least makes him more human, shows that at least he's got flaws and isn't some big perfect character who will lord over everyone. That's one of the reasons why I took to having Jesse on the team. He's not perfect, he's not superman, instead he's a team player, he's just a decent, good, kind-hearted cop trying to do his job.:thumbsup:

I'm just so glad I don't have to sit around and watch an arrogant newbie, Jesse with all his flaws is much better!:cool:

4. Just.CSI

Just.CSI Victim

I am sure that this was probably answered already, but is Alex Rodriguez no longer going to be on the show and if so, why?

5. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Adam Rodriguez will be in about 10 episodes this season before leaving the show. Apparently he was in a poor contract negotiation and decided to leave.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Add me to that list! The man needs to lose those damned shades once in a while. :rolleyes:

I agree that if the shirtless scene was something they just had to have, they did it in the best way possible. It was quick and painless and hardly the focus point of the scene - at least not for me.

Couldn't have said it better, BauerAlmeida! At this point I'm liking Jesse A LOT! I think Cibrian is a decent actor and unless something drastic happens, I think the character is a perfect fit for the team.

It just feels good to get a sense that there is a team once again! :)

7. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

I don't have anything to add except OH MY, Stetler is a handsome devil. Like a young Bobby De Niro...

And yes, I thought Jesse Cardoza was good - a bit cheesy when he took his top off, but then he took his belt off and his trousers dropped down a little bit and I was in a pool of goo on the floor.

*sigh*

8. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Fantastic episode. Very nice screen time for all concerned. Nice to see Rick back and with the Lt. Badge - maybe he'll ease of on Horatio now that he has the rank he always wanted? Would be nice to see an episode where they both have to work together to fix a problem..

To me, it seemed that Rick felt a little out of place dealing with the HT. Quick to say it was his command, but when it came down to it, he didn't seem at all confident to deal with the situation.

I liked Jesse a lot. This is exactly what the show needed to bring some life back into it. DC seemed to be back to his older self from earlier seasons, I'll be happier when he ditches the dark suits and starts to wear the lighter ones. I'll also be happier once he's back in the lab.

Nice to hear "We follow the evidence" from Jesse.

Seems to me that DC is getting more lines now, which is MUCH better. The one line conversations he was having throughout the last season made me wonder if he couldn't remember his lines; I wanted to hear more dialogue and less sunglasses pose - well at least I'm starting to get the dialogue. Considering they made a big deal about how he got the glasses, it seems in retrospect that he carries them for a sentimental reason, in addition to the practical one.

Well I could go on and on about the things I really liked in this episode. Oddly, I didn't find myself missing Eric at all and I honestly thought I would.

Z

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Surprisingly enough, I didn't either, though I think I will when he returns again & then makes his final exit.

After looking at screencaps for the ending bar scene, I found myself enjoying it more than I originally had - I think I was just in critic mode cause I was so baffled over the case & how a nervous sweaty man could go running through the lab without anyone seeing him escape -- ah well, another pass for tptb.

Random note: I had to laugh when H firmly demanded "I need the woman" -- something about it made me giggle. :lol:

10. CSINYFanZ

CSINYFanZ Victim

Hmmmm what if it was Ryan who was one of the hostages instead of Cardoza, Would he still take off his shirt? O_O:thumbsup:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought I was the only one who found that funny. :lol:

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

See!!!! This is why Horatio needs to take a break from the one liners.......there can be SO many wrong things about that one simple statement.....:guffaw:

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Funny, some of us were just thinking the same thing about Rick! :adore: (Although if nothing else, it at least gives him an excuse to lose that tie!)

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

His club soda and designated driver lines made me laugh. Imagine Horatio driving his rowdy and drunken team home...

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Someone please write that in a fanfic. I can see them (especially Cal, Nat and Ry) playing silly games while drunk in the car on the way home. :lol: Maybe like a "guess this theme song" game and then them giggling like hyper children. :lol: