CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was happy to see her mature and positive, for a change. She did stepped up to the plate for Danny instead of yelling at him or making him feel guilty (think of your daughta in this!!! :lol:). Me thinks motherhood have something to do with it. But I was expecting, specially for that episode, that all these good changes about her would make her care just a little bit more about her team mates. I mean, they were all in the shoot out. Doesn't that kind of experience makes you more close to one another? I was probably expecting a better bonding with everyone since it has been a month. Then, of course, they all dealt with it their own way so who knows what were going to see in the next episodes regarding their friendship and how each one of them dealt with it?

Hahaha, oh well, maybe it was in my imagination that her voice was different. And I watched the interview once too! lol

Oh yeah, so much for being on the fence about her indeed :guffaw:Heylen was so evil, we were ready to exorcise her!

I don't know if Mac adores her. I thought he was amused by Adam's reaction when he saw her and then by how she looks (I mean, way to dress to impress a boss like Mac :lol:) But maybe I missed something. I should watch the episode again. One thing we know is that Adam will probably don't like her at first if she gets a job in the lab because wouldn't he be scared to loose his? Again, it depends on how they bring her in there... but it is rare for Adam to feel unsympathetic to someone and that's what happenned with Heylen -- he totally left with a bad impression of her. So maybe tension in the lab? He seemed concerned about his ability at work because of her when she came into the conference room. Which showed, again, how much his self-esteem and confidence ain't so high yet even though he is stellar at his job.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

This is exactly what I'm talking about! I know this is probably the wrong thread to mention it in, but as much as I liked "Epilogue" I was ready to pitch a fit by the end of it. :scream: Seriously, barely one word exchanged by Lindsay with any other character? And especially with things like her locking eyes with Hawkes when Hawkes was putting the girl's body in the body-bag, or Stella calling her "Linds" (which I think is maybe the third time she's ever done that), and it just felt like the opportunity was being missed on purpose. Because again, god knows Lindsay can't ever have a personal connection with anyone other than Danny :brickwall: And it wasn't just limited to her - I intensely disliked how no one mentioned how badly Flack was dealing with Angell's death. Or even how Adam and Stella kept their thing under wraps, even with each other (until they were telling each other that they couldn't do it again). It really felt like they were all going their separate ways in trying to deal with the aftermath of "Pay Up, and I'm hoping it's not a trend that continues.

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yep, so do I- she is very fine to me the way she is. ;) But I also hope we get to see her interact with everyone. As a DL shipper of course I want to see more of those scenes we got in the premiere, especially I want to see them actually talk, like they did. I'm glad they're not pushing each other away and I love how much Lindsay supports Danny. I also hope that we get to see her interact with the others. Like it would be nice to see some friendship bonding between her and Stella. I want to see another 'relax chiquita' part 2 and I want to see her interact with Flack. A good opportunity will be the scene/scenes we might get in episode 604, and I hope they'll use their chance to show something of their friendship in that episode.

4. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

I'm seriously considering that Lindsay has problem making friends at work or friends at all :lol: It's like most of the characters so far have tried some bonding or being friendly with her and her response was either weak or absent. Or she "doesnt' care" unless it's indirectly or directly linked to Danny, like you mentioned. It's quite frustrating. I'm still trying to understand why she would act like that with people she works with most hours of the day (if not the week), specially after all they've been through. Everyone's tight with each other but she constantly remains in the corner. (I can hear Danny saying "Nobody puts baby in the corner" :lol:)

I think it might be because they don't really know or they underestimate the seriousness of the situation? I don't think Flack wants to let them know how bad he is dealing with his grief. Though he did mention the drinking to Mac, but maybe it was to get his compassion as in "What earthly good will it do to him if he stays home then"? I didn't really noticed the look Mac gave to Flack but I think he's getting suspicious.

I would really love that to happen but it seems it doesn't really happen from season to season. So many opportunities but Lindsay never takes them or respond to them. I would love a friendship with Lindsay and Stella too! And it was a nice moment Adam and Lindsay had at the beginning of the episode :lol: I prefer that than what we previously seen between them, or from Lindsay's part I should say.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, that was my take on it too, he definitely slurred! and i think mac's look, especially on top of the conversation they had earlier about flack even being there, suggested that mac, at least, has a clue that something definitely isn't right.

definitely - someone hiding these things is very very common indeed, alcoholics can go a long time with no one really noticing, even if they are drinking at work. i think mac is definitely suspicious that something's up - i also got the impression (although it was probably just my interpretation) that he kept flack at work because that way he *couldn't* just get drunk - i think in an odd way it's mac's protective side coming out.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Except we know she was freakout-concerned about Stella after Frankie in "All Access"; obsessive-worried over Hawkes (at least, enough to hover outside the lab just to watch the techs process evidence from his case) during "Raising Shane"; and downright terrified in "Charge of this Post" when the bomb went off with Mac and Flack still inside. And all three characters (Stella, Mac, and Hawkes anyway) have, like you said, tried the bonding-thing with her; they all like her and have a very friendly rapport with her. There's just a wall there that's preventing any of those relationships from actually becoming strong friendships, and yeah, I think the wall is Lindsay's, not anyone else's. I think we've been shown enough times that the problem isn't that Lindsay doesn't care. It's that she finds it impossible to reach out to people. Which is a problem Danny hasn't been excluded from either - Season 4? ;) Only now we've been shown that she's apparently finding it easier to reach out to him -- and for some reason, the writers think it should stop at that :shifty: Hence the not-talking to anyone else. Whereas I think if she's finding it easier to reach out to one person, it only makes sense that she'd find it easier to reach other people too.

I don't know how much the others have even gotten to see Flack since the shootout, but it was plenty obvious to all of them how messed-up he was over Angell's death in "Pay Up". And I felt like Mac (and Stella too, for that matter) more than suspected how badly Flack was dealing -- the look he gave him when he saw Flack flirting at the crime scene, made it seem like he knew for a fact, only didn't feel the need to say anything (except for telling Flack that he shouldn't be at work yet). And according to the spoilers we've been getting, apparently won't feel the need to say anything until Flack starts "chronically" screwing up on the job.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I am not sure which scene you are refering too? I think having Flack going into a downward spiral is going to be great to watch. And I cant wait to see Nelly with him. I also would love to see Sam back. Its sounds for the future that Hawkes is going to keep a eye on Danny it will be great with Nelly helping Flack as someone outside of the team. He must be getting ready to get himself into some bad place.

I'm not sure Adam is going to be able to handle Haden right now. He seems so insecure and now, knowing she is looking to "Move in" to the lab he will always have his guard up. I think it will make for some good storyline. I am still out with my verdict, as havent seen enough to pass judgement but I think she and Adam will be making for some good storyline.

8. Duke

Duke Witness

That's the one thing about her character that annoys me. She doesn't/can't/won't interact with anyone other than Danny and Mac. There's absolutely no chemistry with any of the other characters. I'd love to see her partner up more with Adam, because if anyone can bring out a person's good side - he can. Plus, I always kind of thought they'd make a much better pairing than her and Danny. Sorry shippers!

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^^Lol, I could totally get behind Adam/Lindsay :p But I completely disagree she has no chemistry with any of the other characters. [Leaving aside how ambiguous chemistry is -- some feel she has none with Danny either, and it doesn't stop the producers from serving the DL overkill in every episode.] For instance, she has a hilarious dynamic with Adam, a comfortable one with Hawkes, an even more hilarious one with Flack, and a "friend-ish" one with Stella that constantly draws my attention, even if I wouldn't call them friends - I don't think I've ever seen any other two people who clearly care about and respect each other, not be friends.
    What gets to me is that the show refuses to expand on ANY of those dynamics, and it's a flat-out waste.

10. Bogart

Bogart Victim

I glad to see that I wasn't alone in noticing Mac's "look" that he gave Flack during the crime scene when he appeared to indulge in a bit of flirtation with the pretty blond, and that Flack sounded like he was ever-so-slightly slurring his words when talking to Mac right afterwards. At first I thought I imagined the slurring bit, but in light of the new spoilers re: his upcoming story arc, I think the writers were already laying groundwork for things to come. It should be an intriguing storyline, and I'm excited to see what Eddie does with it! :thumbsup:

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

CSI: NY - Episode 6.04 - Dead Reckoning - Press Release

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Chief Sinclair is back! :thumbsup: Haylen didn't bother me in the last episode so I hope that trend continues and I don't end up wanting to reach through the TV set to bitch slap her. :shifty:

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^ Looking forward to seeing Mia Kirshner as Deborah Carter. I loved Mia in 24 and I'm sure she'll be great here. She plays sinister/manipulation very well which seems from the spoilers to be qualities needed in the character of Deborah. Cool. :)

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

why all characters called Deborah are manipulative and sinister?:lol::lol::lol:

5.04 isn't the hip hop episode?????? I am looking forward that one!:thumbsup:

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^^ LOL, Deborah is presumably the not-guilty-of-murder-ex-wife, right? She can't be that sinister :p

Not that I'm glad to see him! But didn't they say Chief Sinclair wouldn't be returning at all for Season 6? If they could talk him into coming back for an episode, maybe they could talk other recurring characters they weren't planning to use, into doing the same....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.