Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Hi. Sorry I've been missing for a while, I've been crazed at work. I was just thinking about "A Space Oddity", and (correct me if I'm wrong), that last fantasy was Wendy's, yes? She DID reciprocate his feelings and had a fantasy about being upset that he chose the lab over her. I think she's on the same page, they're just never on it at the same time. :)
    Also, I think that she likes him mostly because he seems to see more in her than just a "brunette doll" (hee!)....except when he says something stupid like "clumsy and buxom". He challenges her, and confuses her...and I think she likes it.
    As far as Hodges' point of view, he knows that she sees more in him than just the antisocial quirky guy from the lab. I find their relationship so plausible because it seems to me that they connect on a deeper level that no one else gets from either one of them. I hope they explore that more. I also think that they both are, obviously, incredibly smart (they'd have to be to be good at their jobs), and I think they find that incredibly appealing about each other. I don't know...I just love them together, they make me smile.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I would have to say....nicely stated. Scenes they have together make me smile as well.

I am not saying that they should have nothing in common, or that they should have lots in common, just that in some cases, opposites do attract. I do agree though that the less they do have in common the easier it would be to break them up. Especially in TVland. But it might be a little more difficult to break them up given the natural chemistry the two actors/characters have with one another, but I could be wrong.

I guess I'm just indecisive. It doesn't matter which way it goes as long as the two eventually get together...and that my guy will find happiness. I don't want to see them play the card of being, as quoted by Dandylion, "on the wrong page" with each other, one to many times. That would really suck. Everytime that happens, the chances of H/W getting together lessens

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we are now up past the 900 posts...meaning once the thread hits 1000, it's bye bye and hello new thread. any ideas on a new thread name for our love-bitten labrats? Just tossing that out there for all to ponder. We do still have some posts lefts, but put on those thinking caps for the near future...:lol:

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

a. I know and as the added reviews are saying: it is interesting and it works. Thoose comments still makes me smile.
    b. Oh you possive one ...:p:)
    c. Yeah I think shows and writers should dare more. Having them do (see the above) is so overused. Could we for once go down some other route? I would love to see Hodges struggle as the boyfriend. How would he act? Hmmm:). If Wendy got into personal problems, would he kiss her forehead?:drool:. As this is Hodges I guess we will never get a full-on mouth to mouth deal. But a New Orleans fantasy episode would get me darn well close.:drool:.

4. DJRideout

lol....ahh..you caught that AJ :lol:... Yeah, as stubborn as Hodges is or can be, it would get overused if he constantly opened mouth and inserted foot with Wendy. Like every time you'd watch a labrats centric episode, you'd be waiting for him to mess something up. Maybe in the next one, he should really shock the socks off of her by not...but instead, actually say something really complimentary. And besides the "you look great" comment, which is indeed nice, but more general.

I think it would be entertaining to see Hodges struggle as the boyfriend. Cause he is so awkward and socially inept. Perhaps after the first episode ordeal, he'll rethink his choices. LOL, that's if tptb let him. One can hope.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think that the comments make by Shanker(?) might be good news for Labrats as they indicate a future of sorts. But I think for the next couple of episodes they might focus on "Sara is back" and at some point have to add new teammember but will there be room for our Labrats? Untill Space Odd. have much time or screen time was used on Labrats and do you think they show Labrats for eons of time without adressing storyline?

Oh ....went to the WL experience ....Great work DJ.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. DJRideout

Well I would hold a little more faith in something Naren Shankar said involving the labrats for this upcoming season as opposed to some possible rumor coming from goodness knows where. Now I won't hold my breath or bet my last buck on his words, but seeing he's enjoying the labrats episodes and H/W awkward relationship, it's always an added bonus.

I agree with you AJ, I think the focus will be more geared toward Sara and the interactions with the team, while she's back. Especially is she is slated for the first 5 episodes. We may have a little more of a chance to see something between H/W if she signed on for longer or the episodes aren't consecutive. More time and space to play with.

LOL...you referring to my website????? Thanks, though it needs some updating.

7. riddick

riddick Rookie

Oh my, gals, how much have you written when I was away? I kept thinking about Wedges even at the sea which means I'm slightly overly obsessed...

Some people like being similar when involved in a relationship, similar personalities, similar ways of facing problems and so on. Personally, I can't find a better aphrodisiac than curiosity. When you feel a keen, intense desire to know how a person feels, thinks, how his/her perceptions of things are, then I think that's more significant than any appreciation of her butt or his abs.
    I think two different personalities can work together if they share some connection at a deeper level. Hodges and Wendy are the kind of people who laugh at the same things and are moved -if ever- for the same reasons.

What's tragic in a relationship is not having nothing to talk about, no reason to want to see the other once again...

IMO, Wendy is willing to get deeper and find what she thinks “the real David Hodges” conceals...Her reaction after she had translated Hodges' sentence was not only of surprise, but almost of relief, like somebody who had received an unexpected but desired gift. Her fantasy seemed to be her way to “come to term” with Hodges' insecurities and priorities; it was a fantasy facing reality from his viewpoint and I found it a sign that Wendy is the mature element of the couple -not that there were doubts on that..

Anyway, he's my fav one too! I feel for him more than I feel for her, I tend to see him as the frail part of the relationship, and I'm more worried that he can suffer from things going wrong. I'd really like to see him being the chased one too, and it's not unbelievable considering the kind of man he is.
    I can totally see him try to maintain the relationship as it is now...Something more than friendship something less than an affair. All the doors open without the commitment of entering one. I don't see Wendy being on that page. Sooner or later she'll try to set things straight, in a way or the other. I bet his first reaction will be eluding and avoiding as long as possible.

About Sara, I read that her episodes are supposed to be scattered along the season but she'll be also in the next ep so I don't know what to think...
    When Liz was interviewed about being on field with Wally and chances for their characters, Jorjia had already finished shooting, so I think if Fox's eps are aired in a row there will be no room for Wedges at all in them

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

I'm not saying he's a hunk! I'm saying he's the kind of man who never makes the first move...

I swear there were no "hot" intentions in my post, it was all very platonic! Maybe my English is a bit rusty, let's put it so...

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am sorry:(. I was just ....well sorry:(! My mind plays tricks on my...Sorry...

But you doubt Wendy is on the same page?

11. DJRideout

*laughs at the couple of posts*

Nah, I think Wendy is somewhat on the same page, but with Hodges the way he is, it'll prove difficult to loosen him up and make him realize whats in front of him. I can see him trying to pull the avoiding maneuver on the situation between them, but I have a feeling that he won't fight it as much as we think he will...especially after his safety zone, the lab, was compromised. Making him realize that life can change in the blink of an eye.

I'd still like to see him reconsider his priorities of putting the lab first and thoughts of a relationship second. Switch them around...you only live once!

As for a kiss? I still don't know if that'll happen this season....or if ever. Though I wouldn't mind it, I think we need a couple of new episodes under our belts...to get the feel for the whole Wedges bit this season, before jumping the gun and the possibilities. Now if there IS one, then I am betting it'll be Wendy making that move...and it'll probably be a kiss on the cheek before there is any lip contact. A way in which she could thank him for something he did, or said...protecting her...you know.

A possible thread title in the soon to be Hodges/Wendy thread #2??? How about taking that now famous, amongst wedges fans, line...with a slight edit

Hodges & Wendy #2 - They are made for each other! ( or go with the original line)

OR

Hodges & Wendy #2- You can't deny the chemistry

Just a thought

12. riddick

riddick Rookie

Hodges and Wendy : A Love Oddity

Ok, silly enough, I know...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  13. DJRideout

LOL...odd is definitely a word now associated with the pair. Could work though. I like... I'm gonna write all possibilities down and when it comes time to decide... all ideas can be accessible quickly for us to decide a little later. But don't stop there riddick :lol:

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

I'll try my best:bolian:

Sure, we can't say we weren't expecting this to happen but

if all the next eps are like Ghost Town we'll have plenty of time for choosing the new thread's title....

30% Ms. Bugman, 40 % Dr.Langston+ sometimes Dr.Robbins, 15% Nick, 10% Cath and the rest..perps and corpses

Have I missed something?:vulcan:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  15. DJRideout

I know what you are saying Riddick, but I am figuring this was filmed around the same time that Liz and Wally went on their little field trip to Vegas...for real. Though, I have nothing to back up that thought, other then just a gut feeling and Liz's comment in her interview...lol! It's obviously not the same when they aren't around...or any of the labrats for that matter. And a mention of their names just doesn't cut it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.