Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The more I think about Adam/Stella, the more I am intrigued by this pairing and want to see more. So I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone else sees potential for this couple to go beyond a supposed "one night stand."

I personally think Stella could use a guy like Adam and Adam could use a woman like Stella. Adam is a sweet, kind man and Stella certainly has had trouble attracting that kind of guy in the past. She needs someone who cares for her and also respects her and I think Adam fits the bill. Adam, on the other hand could use a strong, independent woman who will take charge of the relationship. He dated a Suicide Girl, so I'm sure he could really go for a smart, independent, strong and beautiful woman like Stella.

So what do you think? Anyone else see potential for these two??

2. PerfectAnomaly

I should just let the mods deal with this and I'll probably get in trouble for not doing so, but you've crossed a line with me and I'll deal with any consequences from posting this.

I'm not a fan of Mac/Stella, but I don't go into that thread and attack that ship or it's shippers. I respect people's right to ship without the need to demean them or their ideas. You've been around this board long enough where you should be giving people that same respect regardless of how you feel about the ship. Coming in here and throwing a temper tantrum because someone wanted to create a thread to discuss this ship and see if anyone else shares their opinion is childish and classless behavior.

I'm very sorry, mods, but I just couldn't let this be.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was mostly ambivalent to start with, but after discussing it in the NY forum, I've warmed up to the idea. I'm not a fan of relationships between main characters, but hey, they're going to happen whether I like it or not - so this one is quite an interesting possibility. It's not one that you'd normally think of, but it has a lot of potential. At the moment, Stella seems adamant that it be nothing more than one night, and Adam seems okay with that idea - but now the seed has been planted. You never know if something might grow out of this "spontaneous" relationship.

Adam could definitely handle Stella despite his dorky exterior - you have to watch out for the shy ones. ;) Stella really deserves a good guy, and they just don't get much better than a total sweetheart like Adam.

I dunno, this is sort of a, 'I don't know where it came from, but it just might work' sort of thing. Maybe all it took was one night to awaken some deeper feelings in them - or at least put the possibility of something more serious on their radar. :)

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Please take negative talk about Adam/Stella to the ship debate thread located here. If you have a problem with Stella then take it to the Stella thread located in the NY forum.

This is a thread for those who support Adam/Stella. Anything else can be said in the debate thread.

thanks

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  5. PerfectAnomaly

That's part of the reason it keeps getting more and more appealing to me. It totally came from WTF Land but once you start really thinking about it there is so much potential. And even if they don't pursue it in canon it's definintely interesting enough to pursue in fanon IMO.

6. Faylinn

Yeah, the fact that it's an import from WTF Land not only makes it exotic, but it just adds to the potential. :p It's a nice alternative to something that might be more predictable.

I've considered the idea in fanon before but never seriously - the way they've dealt with it on the show is definitely not anything I would have thought of, so it's a totally different animal at this point.

7. PerfectAnomaly

OK, here's a thought. Let's assume for a minute that Adam and Stella's interaction in 6.01 isn't going to be the end of things between them. (And I really hope it isn't.) What do you think and/or hope is going to happen next for them on the show?

I really can't decide. I kind of like the idea of Stella still seeking Adam out for comfort despite herself in a sort of "I wish I could quit you!" kind of way and having that turn into deeper feelings. But I also kind of like the idea of Stella staying true to her word and not sleeping with Adam again right away but having them keep a deeper connection and having her see him in a different light little by little and discovering he really could be good for her.

I'm really hoping they aren't using them sleeping together as a springboard for Haylen to find out and cause trouble for them or as a way to get Haylen and Adam together. Not because I have anything against Haylen or Adam/Haylen at this point but because they've taken such a WTF? scenario with having these two sleep together and turned it into something with a whole lot of potential even if it doesn't end up being a long term relationship.

8. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

People at the Smacked thread are probably going to kill me for posting here, but that is one more reason to say hi. I have a tendency to do exactly the opposite of what I'm told to do sometimes.

I'm not the biggest fan of Adam/Stella, so far I had only seen them as brother/sister, although Adam's crush on her was so obvious. I didn't imagine Stella would respond to it, although I'd always thought she knew about it and didn't mind it, for she still considered him a friend, almost a brother. I'm intrigued by their interactions from now on. 6x01 disappointed me in so many aspects, Adam/Stella was one of them. Not because it happened, but because I went "is that all? :wtf:"

I don't like the idea of "(s)he took advantage of (him)her" I've read. I don't think in order to take someone to your bed you need to take advantage of them. It takes to people to have consensual sex and they both agreed to sleep together. I hope it's not just a few seconds, but something that will reappear somehow during the season.

Adam/Stella as a way to get to Adam/Haylen? Right now I dislike Haylen, but I think it's too soon to judge her, she just didn't cause a great impression. However, I hope I can say "my fault, I jumped to conclussions" soon. Anyway, the idea of a love triangle makes me yawn. I've seen so many, most of them so trite, I find them boring and I'm not sure if TPTB will be subtle enough to make it interesting. All I ask is, please, do not turn Stella into a jealous b!tch being viciously mean to Adam and Haylen and abusing her position above them in the lab hierarchy.

So, all in all, I'm not against Adam/Stella but I can't say I'm all for it because so far we've seen so little! I'm just testing the waters, giving them and the writers a chance.

9. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Don't worry dear, you're not the only Smackie posting here! ;)

If the writers actually plan on taking this forward and having Adam and Stella pursue a relationship then I have no problem with it.

Granted, it's a little weird given the difference between the two (and I don't mean the supervisor/subordinate thing). Personality, maturity, interests. Frankly I don't think they have anything in common besides work.

Not saying that the differences are a bad thing or won't make it work. Just pointing them out.

Stella's had a run of bad relationships with forward and some what controlling men. Adam is laid back, happy to let someone else take the reins, and has suffered heartbreak himself at times. So yeah, maybe the differences are a good thing and that this is a good thing for both of them.

However, if this was just a one shot deal organized by TPTB as a ratings ploy, which unfortunately I believe it is, then I have a problem with it.

But since this isn't the debate board, I'm going to leave it at that.

10. Faylinn

I think that could be an interesting long-term development. Stella herself said them hooking up was "spontaneous", so it would be interesting to see genuine curiosity and attraction grow out of something she may never have considered otherwise.

And there's no denying he'd be good for her. He's a sweetheart, and he's also a more lighthearted and fun kind of guy - which might bring out that side of her as well.

I just had the most random mental image of Stella joining Second Life to flirt with/tease him. He'd be so geeky-excited. :lol: I really have no idea why that occurred to me except that I remember her taking the mic from Mac to flirt with the guy in "Down the Rabbit Hole", and the thought of her doing something like that when Adam is on the other end of the avatar is hilarious. :p

Yeah, I hope not either. I'm not against Adam/Haylen in theory, but the idea of this just being an excuse for Stella to get jealous or Haylen to try to use it against them or just otherwise cause trouble - it would be a disappointing way to take the storyline. Also because I think Adam/Haylen is so predictable (and I think it's boring when a character is written in as a future love interest from the get-go) - there's nothing wrong with that, I just think Stella/Adam is pretty unpredictable and provides more opportunity for something ~different~.

So yeah, I'm hoping for no love triangles, but I'm not crossing my fingers. :lol:

11. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

There are lots of very good points on this thread for both sides of the debate. I can definitely see Adam/Stella working out, just as easily as I can imagine that they were both really, really drunk when it happened and had no idea what was going on. I've decided to reserve judgement; maybe they'll give us some more info. But two things I do want to point out, for better or worse: The scene in somebody's bedroom (do we know where that was?) they both seemed very comfortable, and there was no awkwardness later in the lab, or when they were talking about it. Draw your own conclusions, but keep your mind open!

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Great to have an official thread to discuss the first shocker of this season ;) :lol:. I was shocked at first when I read what would happen between Adam and Stella, it seemed so impossible, so out of the blue. But it was OK the way they´ve shown it in the episode, nothing embarrassing. And now I find myself hoping that it wasn´t just a one-night-stand, because firstly it would be a bit silly if all that Stella needed to recover from her trauma was just one night of good sex with a guy :rolleyes: :D. And secondly Melina herself talked of a relationship, not just an affair and she hinted that it will become complicated, so I don´t think that was already all. If it were so, then it would really have been a dull idea of TPTB.
    With Haylen getting involved in the story: this might be possible- she could be hot for Adam´s job, finds out about the two and blackmails him. Well, I like this idea better than a triangle-love story: Haylen falls in love with Adam, Stella gets mad, etc.., oh noooooooooo, please don´t :D.
    But whatever will come, I don´t think this relationship will last beyond this season, if at all and I hope after that Stella and Adam will remain friends and keep the good chemistry they had before.

See ya, byeeeeeee

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree - i wouldn't have automatically put them together and at first i was a bit "eh?" about it but actually it's nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be and now i'm kind of intrigued...

absolutely agree, i think it would be nice for her be with someone who's obviously caring and sweet and won't mess her around, and for him it would be a good confidence boost (and let's face it he probably needs it!).

yeah, this is a definite possibility, and it's very possible to start looking at someone in a totally different way, especially when sex is involved.

i really like that idea - i think maybe stella has dismissed what happened as a one off act of idiocy, but maybe she'll come to think that actually it was good for her and she likes him because he makes her feel good about stuff, and as someone else said, show her a lighter side. and vice versa. much as i like mac/stella, let's face it any relationship with them would be *very* serious!

definitely - also there was *so* much hype about it, it was in the trailers, melina specifically referred to it in an interview etc, it seems a bit pointless to make all that fuss just to get people to watch and go "wtf?" - it would make a lot more sense from a writing and commercial point of view to do something more with it after making all that effort!

haha, me too - i'm sure they can't kill both/all of us:lol: i'm the same, as soon as someone tells me something is bad, i want to do it. although that doesn't mean i want to do adam or stella:lol:

absolutely - there seems to be a lot of that around, which is a shame, they're both grown ups! adam is a bit younger (at least we think he is!) and a bit more shy and nervous, but that doesn't make stella some kind of abuser. equally she was upset and needed comforting (we assume) and that doesn't make him some kind of abuser. both had their eyes wide open and knew what they were doing.

i agree that there are differences, which made me a bit wary too, but like you say, sometimes differences aren't a bad thing. and sometimes they can be positive, they can open horizons and give people a chance to grow (god, i sound like dr phil).

exactly.

haha, i really like that idea - let's hope it pops up :D

i agree - just look at peyton who was "mac's girlfriend" far more than she was ever the ME.

as for the haylen thing, i have to confess i thought haylen could be a good match for adam, and i thought that even more when they had that argument - it could've been like mills & boon, y'know, the ones that hate eachother always end up getting married, but i'm not really bothered either way. i didn't dislike haylen, i just think it's up to adam (or at least those who write adam!).

i agree - although some women do use one night stands for that, i don't think it's necessarily stella's way (this doesn't mean, however, that i think she'd only sleep with someone she was in love with, i don't think she's all that angelic!), but i'm interested to see how it plays out.

14. Duke

Duke Witness

I'm not as "icky" about this as I was a couple days ago. I do think there's definite relationship potential between her and Adam. Whether it's a fling, or something that lasts a few months - I don't know. Only TPTB know where they're planning on taking it.

The fact that they both agreed it was "wonderful" makes me think that wasn't the last of it. I don't think TPTB would bother introducing us to this relationship if they weren't going to take it somewhere. My only concern is that they will use it as a reason to introduce Haylen into the Lab, something that I know a few of us have discussed. I hope not.

A brief fling with Adam might rebuild Stella's faith in men, because she must be feeling it after the jackasses she's dated. With the exception of that lovely fireman...where is he now? Hmmm. In all honesty, I couldn't think of a more sweeter, more genuine, more caring guy than Adam. He must be pretty wow between the sheets, too. ;) And sometimes we all need a little of what makes us feel good. If anyone deserves to be happy, it's Stella.

I say she should grab some while she can. And not feel guilty about it.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

Please keep in mind that this is a thread for shipping Adam/Stella. This is not a debate thread or a thread to come in and state why you don't like the ship and/or that the ship will not last. If you have a problem with Adam/Stella then you need to take it to the Great Ship Debate - CSI:NY thread which is located HERE.

Thanks.