Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I believe you are referring to 'Richard Belzer' who plays "Det. John Munch"?
    From what I understand he is still on the show. NBC still has him listed in their cast credits.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

D'Onofrio, Erbe and Bogosian Leaving Criminal Intent

Sep 25, 2009 10:37 AM ET
    by Joyce Eng

Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe and Eric Bogosian will leave Law & Order: Criminal Intent during the upcoming ninth season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Their exits follow that of castmate Julianne Nicholson, who will be replaced by Saffron Burrows. Burrows and Jeff Goldblum, who joined the show last season, will now headline the procedural.

Details about the actors' departures are not clear as the deals are still being ironed out.

Criminal Intent has seen a plethora of casting changes since its 2001 debut. D'Onofrio and Erbe are original cast members, while Bogosian joined in 2006, replacing Jamey Sheridan as Captain of the Major Case Squad. In the fifth season, the show introduced a second set of detectives, led by Chris Noth, to appear in alternating episodes. Noth left last year and was replaced by Goldblum.

Calls to USA were not immediately returned.

Season 9 of Criminal Intent will premiere in the spring on USA.

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I just gotta say how much I enjoyed Wentworth Miller on Law & Order: SVU, so much more different from his character on Prison Break :D

I did like the Prison Break dig when he said that he didn't like to run...well at least I thought it was. I can not wait to see him in more TV roles.

Glad SVU is back, not so happy that it is on at the same time as Criminal Minds

4. Destiny

To expand further on what Dynamo1 reported above about Criminal Intent, is the following

Hollywood Reporter States..

Vincent D’Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe, and Eric Bogosian are all expected to be phased out at various points during the series’ upcoming ninth season. Julianne Nicholson left the show a few months ago. Executive producer Dick Wolf is turning to Jeff Goldblum, who joined the cast last season, to remain as lead detective in the series along with Saffron Burrows, who was recently cast to replace Nicholson as Goldblum’s partner.

It’s a big change for a show that has weathered a lot of casting changes since it began in 2001. D’Onofrio and Erbe have been there since the beginning, while Bogosian joined in 2006. Since then, the original pair have had to make room for Nicholson and Chris Noth, who left last year. Goldblum arrived in 2008.

Details about D’Onofrio, Erbe and Bogosian’s exit are still unclear as the actors’ deals are being worked out. The network only recently renewed the Wolf Films/Universal Cable Prods. series for a ninth season, slated to premiere in late spring with a two-parter.

How interesting that Wolf has decided to go this way since D’Onofrio, while erratic, has been very popular. But “L&O:CI” is a USA Network show now after running on sister channel NBC. And USA, insiders point out, likes lighter fare when it comes to its shows. Goldblum is more in the tradition of Tony Shalhoub’s “Monk” than D’Onofrio.

While D’Onofrio is departing as a regular, it is possible for him to reprise his character in guest stints.

“Law & Order” just keeps chugging along in its various guises. The names change but the music remains the same.

5. Mac's Girl

Mac's Girl Witness

I'm a huge fan of Law and Order: SVU. The storylines are hardhitting and I recently an episode that was really wonderfully acted. Does anyone know what its called?

It's the one with the little girl who keeps ringing to report her abuser but only Oliva Benson believes shes real.

Edit: A friend of mine has just told me its called 911 :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Just watched tonight's episode of SVU, I don't like the new DA and I'm glad Stabler told her off. Hated the ending, though predictable still hated it.

Regarding last week's episode, I liked it. I liked Wentworth's role even though he did cross the line at times

7. Dynamo1

News from TV Guide online:

Benjamin Bratt Returning to Law & Order
    Oct 23, 2009 05:35 PM ET
    by Mickey O'Connor

Benjamin Bratt will return as Detective Reynaldo Curtis on Law & Order, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Curtis will reunite with his former boss, Lt. Anita van Buren (S. Epatha Merkerson), on an upcoming episode. Bratt was nominated for a best supporting actor Emmy for the role in 1999. After four seasons, he left the show that same year to pursue a film career.

"I am thrilled that Ben is coming back for a return appearance," executive producer Dick Wolf said in a statement. "He joined us for our recent 20th anniversary celebration and it was like he never left."

Bratt's casting was first reported by Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello.

Bratt starred in the A&E series The Cleaner for two seasons and will guest-star this fall on ABC's hit sitcom Modern Family, playing Sofia Vergara's unreliable but charismatic ex-husband.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

If this is the L&O with Mariska wow:eek:, I watched it the other night she's incredible and Rosie Perez, I swear she should be nominated for an EMMY riveting peformance. Poor woman, her son was a victim of that low-life pedophile husband, and how they set up the ring to catch the big creep monster, it actually made me sick was so intense:(

9. Dynamo1

Mariska stars on Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit).

10. Natalie

Natalie Victim

I'm a huge fan of Law and Order SVU
    grate storylines
    grate actors.
    love SVU

11. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

NBC Plans to Order More Law & Order
    Jan 1, 2010 12:42 PM ET

Law & Order
    is one step closer to breaking Gunsmoke's long-standing record.

NBC Entertainment chief Angela Bromstad recently told BusinessWeek that the network plans to order a 21st season of the legal drama, making it the longest-running prime-time drama in TV history.

"I'm a Law & Order junkie," Bromstad said. "I wouldn't want to be responsible for not having Law & Order break the record."

While Bromstad plans to honor the old, she's also keenly focused on the new. Bromstad said NBC will produce 18 pilots this spring, the most since 2003 and a marked increase over last year's 11.

12. Destiny

Law & Order: SVU is once again living up to its title as the most stunt-casting-obsessed series on television. Sharon Stone is joining the cast for a four-episode arc beginning in April.

The Oscar-nominated actress will play a former cop-turned-prosecutor who will (presumably) go toe-to-toe with Benson, Stabler, and the gang.
    “It is obviously a thrill and a delight to have a star of Sharon’s wattage and importance joining SVU,” raves SVU boss Dick Wolf.

This isn’t Stone’s first flirtation with the small screen. In 2004, she won an Emmy for playing nutjob attorney Sheila Carlisle in three episodes of ABC’s The Practice. And the following year she recurred on Showtime’s Huff as a high-powered PR exec.

13. Desertwind

Is this thread for both "Law & Order" shows? I only watch the SUV one, so let me know, thank's~

14. Destiny

This thread is for ALL the L&O shows, being that each show has limited discussions to them (as telling from the fact that this is still the first thread) it was decided that all "Three" shows (at one time four) would just be kept to one thread, as they also tend to cross over, etc.

So this thread is for the whole franchise (even all of the cancelled spin-off's)

L&O the original
    L&O SVU (Special Victims Unit)
    L&O CI (Criminal intent)

And The new one that they are coming out with this year
    L&O Los Angeles

15. Desertwind

Thank's Destiny that's good to know. Here's a couple of sites with Mariska and her mom the 50's blond bombshell, Jayne Mansfield and Mariska is the image of her.~

MARISKA

JAYNE MANSFIELD