Has anyone else took an instant dislike to Haylen?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lilmzhappy, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Di you like Haylen?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No

76.9%
  1. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

I guess I'm the only one who really loves her then, all well I'll set up camp and hold my "Keep Haylen " flag high. Why do I like her? She's like me; head strong and determined. Sure her voice is a bit out there, but I don't look at the voice. I look at her actions. she wants something and she's going to go for it. don't get me wrong, I love Adam like a brother, but he needs someone who can reel him in, and Haylen can do that.

Now I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, but let's give her a few more episodes before we fully judge. I know first impressions are everything but does that really apply to TV? I mean at first I couldn't stand Mac *ducks flying cannons* but now I love him to pieces.

2. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

I got used to her voice years ago when she guest starred on "Smallville," so that part doesn't bother me anymore. As long as she doesn't continue to demean Adam's contribution to the team I could learn to get used to her.

I agree her name is ridiculous and I too wish they had stuck with the one they were thinking of giving her before.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm gonna feel bad if someone involved with the show has a sister/daughter/friend named Haylen and that's where the name came from. :lol:

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think it's so much the first name "Haylen" as it is the whole name of "Haylen Becall." Yeah, that's it. :p :shifty:

5. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I didn't realize her voice was part of the problem until I read the reviews. I knew there was something off with her, but since she didn't have too much screentime I didn't give it too much thought.

My initial impression was that she seems more suited for a teen drama or a comedy, not a crime show. Her choice of wardrobe, her demeanor, even her hair, it all screamed out of place to me.

I'm not usually too harsh on new characters unless they are thrown in my face -unfortunately, that's a tendency with all three CSI shows- so I'll wait and see. I'm hoping that Haylen will be more than a pretty face, ie., not another Mary Sue. I'm actually willing to see a dark and unsympathetic character.

6. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

She didn't win points with me, but I'm not going to judge her on a first appearance basis.

Personally, I really don't like that they introduced her by having her show up Adam. If they didn't do it that way, I probably wouldn't dislike her so much. Which is why I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait until I see more of her to make a judgement.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh yeah, i was watching the ep again earlier - there was a lot of discussion (not sure it was this thread, might've been the grade thread) about her clothes - something about how she got kind of tarted up to go to the lab with her findings - i didn't see any evidence of that. she had a below the knee skirt, with ankle boots, a non-low-cut top and a jacket - how is that trying to wheedle her way in by dressing up? i thought she looked fairly normal.

8. Emissary52

Emissary52 Civilian

Ambition is not a bad thing! Who, among us hasn't wanted a better job? For Sarah Carter's Haylen, perhaps that "pushiness" is left over from playing that lawyer on "Shark". Let's see if she mellows out a little! :thumbsup:

9. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

I agree, She's just an ambitious, driven kid, Just give her time - I'm sure she not as half as a bad as you might think she is.

Who knows maybe Adam and Haylen will become good friends in the future. Hopefully, when Adam learns not to build walls so high that people can't jump over em'.

10. CCA

CCA Police Officer

The only reason I don't like her is the miney mouse voice, and the fact that when I saw her in the interview she really annoyed me. She came off as "Oh I'm blonde so I'm going to act dumb." Now maybe she has a high IQ, but being a natural blonde believe me I am one that gets tired of this "If I act innocent and cute, they boys will automatically like me." Now maybe I got the wrong impression but thats was mine...as for the character...these people created Aiden, and Stella, Paige...this is the BEST you can come up with? Please, I say ditch the....mmm :censored: trying to be nice here...ditch her and get somebody else, oh you still can bring Angell back from the dead. What CSI doesn't mean Corpse Somewhat Lifeless? Guess not :D

11. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

i liked her.

And I'm actually a huge fan of the actress herself Sarah Carter. She's been on Smallville, and Shark both shows that i Heart. :) i don't know how i feel about the character 100%, but i didn't hate her, this much i know.

12. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

I don't like her. THIS is who replaced Angell? I'm with Flack, I miss Angell. Haylen's whiny and boring and really really pushy!!! She lacks charisma, and it looks like she's trying way too hard. PLEASE don't make her a regular. Although, knowing the writers, we'll end up having to put up with her FOREVER. lol. And her voice is irritating. I tried my BEST to give her I chance, I really really did, but...no. Don't like her.
    :)

13. CCA

CCA Police Officer

yeah, so I realized my writing error of trying to be humorous and I wanted to try this one again...so this is why I think they can get rid of Haylen and bring back Angell. She's only somewhat dead...there is a difference...CSI the new team, that brings bodies back from the dead, it's Corpse Somewhat Incapacitated - Bring life back into the crime scene! HAH what do you think, have something? I'll start the script right now!

14. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I see her as being a love interest for Adam down the road, given what I know about the series (Danny/Linsday plot) that would be a bad idea. Because, well, it'd be recycling, and I think CSINY is the best NOW than what CSIM or CSILV was in their fifth season. We need to see more people in the lab. Besides, she comes off as rough and cocky.

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

And if that were so, it'd be reason enough for me to like her!
    (although I can't see how a CSI wanabee could be considered a 'replacement' for Detective)

Let's see. She showed up, did her job, and expressed an ambition to progress her career. I don't see whiny or pushy. But then I guess, men are ambitious, women are pushy. (and if anybody was whiny it was Adam "I don't make mistakes, so get lost")

If anything I was pretty neutral about her during the ep. I'm don't usually like the idea of adding new people to the cast because I feel it takes screentime away from the regulars (and frequently it's the characters I already like that seem to suffer). Then again, if her gain was Adam's loss, I wouldn't be unhappy.