Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Wow, after the post last night (okay, it was night here in Chicago), I expected to be flamed and not have several voices agree with me. Thanks to everyone who did not try to flay me alive, which is everyone who posted after I did until this point. I'm glad that I confirmed several peoples' suspicions. Wow.

No, I'll not divulge my sources/witnesses, but only believe them for the separate and independant confirmations they brought to me just by virtue of being friends off board.

Adam was hot, hot, hot and Emily was just the ultimate professional, doing what she needed to do to make Calleigh real and her emotions grab us all by the heart and not only pull, but twist and yank. Kudos to our Emily. As for the flashback sequences.....she was lovely. I saw a lot of Ainsely Hayes (her character on West Wing) in her early Calleigh, which was fine because this is the Calleigh we hadn't seen before the pilot episode, "Cross Jurisdictions". And Adam was so funny. Eric's whole line treing thing on Calleigh was just beautiful. The fact that she laughed and was so comfortable with him was a subtle foreshadowing of the later ship. Rock on.

What I hated was everything revolved areound Horatio. Yeah, I know the flashback was from his point of vieew, but, really too much is too much. For that reason this premeire was the worst after last season's idiotic crap. Since this was SUPPOSED to be a Dalko episode, it really wasn't because of Horatio being in almost every scene. Don't let me tirade on the present day scene with Horatio at Eric's bedside. It belonged to Calleigh and no one else. End of subject. Tantrums must have happened.

Anyway, despite some well played and even stellar scenes, this season's premiere was a let down.

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I just watched the 8.01 teaser again, looking for any wounds on Eric that could've been inflicted by Calleigh's bullets; I found nothing... no shoulder injury, no head injury (except for the lacerations on his forehead)... nothing. I also rewatched the operation scene where we see the doctors opening the back of his head; again, this is more consistent of the removal of the fragment of bullet that was lodged in his head from his previous injury.
    So I guess it's safe to say that even though Calleigh shot at him, she did not actually shoot him, right? However, because of the fact that nothing was said, no explanations were given as to the extent of Eric's injuries and the nature/purpose of the operation, I have this nagging feeling that the writers will, at one point, turn the tables on us and make Calleigh responsible for all of this, just to make it fit to whatever agenda they have in mind. I think the reason why we're left so much in the dark, is that they don't know yet how the E/C story will pan out, in view of Adam's departure. Does that make sense?

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Calleigh shot at him:thumbsup:. And car crash dislodged the bulletfragement IMO: But as you state from here on and out It all depends on the devolopment of the storyline. If they choose to end on a "happy" note - still broken up - but will come back together some day. They will go one way. If they want a final brake-up as in release Calleigh to other storylines then we will have some lame but valid breakupreason.

But as character states you had people fleeing the scene ....You shoot too if you were there. She didn´t shoot once she realized he was driving as far as I remember. With that in mind would even Eric have taken a shot ? Well I might remember wrongly but anyways......
    But making her the "cause" of the break -up to the public would be mistake in my opinion but quitely CSI MIami so ....:confused:

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Aaaaah Once again I am rooming the plains of Híphuggerland all by myself.

I guess Call - Eric and I are just going to sit down and have a little chat. And you - lurking around - will not be able to hear.:evil:

IMO
    It seems as if we ARE comming to terms with storylinedevelopment. He is ....and they will be.....

I wonder where we will go after this. It is great for the show that Jesse seems to pull in viewers. Showrunners might get lucky there. But how many will leave the show I wonder?

In US how is the ranking inbetween the 3 shows? Horatio is a great character but endless seasons of oneliners? Not for me. Kyle didn´t appeal to me. Jesse is pretty but there is hotbods outthere in other shows. Eva and Em are great actress´ but will the show ever do them justice? Jonathan is a wonderfull person I could actually be a great fan of him. BUt the character hmmmm. As of late they hype personal drama and famous guststars more then their murdermystery IMO With our storyline.... the show has lost its apeal to me.

:guffaw:For D&D However I will stay in here and rule the hiphuggerland in absense of our president whom I hope is out there getting our weddingpictures:guffaw:

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks for not abandoning me AJ :lol:! Sure feels like we're the only ones left here doesn't it?
    BTW, if by "coming to terms with storydevelopment" you mean coming to terms with the end of E/C, then count me out, cause I'm still 100% addicted to D(uquene)&D(elco). And I'm NOT ready to go to rehab yet :guffaw:!

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

HA HA you guys are hilarious...I am still here, trying my best to get Eric & Calleigh into couples counseling...I mean how can they let one little bullet get in the way of their happiness...all in all it is minor stuff. Don't you agree :lol:

I really do hope that they give this ship the proper ending. I mean if they let Grissom & Sara over on CSI get married off screen there still is hope for Calleigh & Eric. Adam has expressed that he would like to make the occasional visit back so hopefully it will be with baby & Calleigh in tow :D

I dream that the season finale will end with Eric coming back & sweeping Calleigh off her feet and telling her how stupid he was and that he can not imagine living without her. Getting down on one knee and asking her to marry him...yes it is a dream...a fanfic lovers dream...but hey I will keep the faith

I will ship Eric & Calleigh until the end of the show or until they get married, which ever comes first. :D

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Oh, I haven't posted here in a while, but don't worry I read everything, everybody posts... I watched the premiere today and I must say (as everybody) that I'm very disappointed, that I feel robed and betrayed. I will stay forever with this ship, I'll probably read fanfiction as long as anyone is writing it, but if CBS expects me to watch the show, they will have to try harder. Eric and Calleigh deserve a happy ending.

Why is it so hard for CSI Miami writers to imagine that Eric just gave up his job to be with Calleigh? That way he is not in the show but can, if he wants, show up from time to time (and one of those times with a beautiful EC baby someone mentioned).

8. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

I'm not giving up on my ship, I'll fight for it until the end. I just watched the premiere and like most of you I feel betrayed and abandoned. To me it felt like an Horatio episode, nothing really about E/C. I really wanted more E/C moments than what we got, really got me annoyed, and I don't get annoyed easily.

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Hehe, I like your thinking! Personally, I don't care if they show a marriage proposal. I would be just as happy if it were implied that they got engaged and/or married. Like seeing Ryan congratulating Calleigh in the lab, or Natalia noticing an engagement ring. I can imagine Calleigh with a HUGE smile on her face for the entire scene.

And then, after they've been married for a while, Calleigh could announce her pregnancy. She'll look adorable with a baby bump and her gun still on her hip. I would love a scene after the baby (or babies! The chance of having multiples increases from 3% to 4% if the woman conceives between ages 30 and 34, and increases again to almost 5% if she's between ages 35 and 39. The chance of multiples also increases with the use of fertility drugs, and Calleigh, being over 30 and having never had a kid before, is a little more likely to need a bit of extra help getting pregnant) is born, where Eric brings the kid to the lab to surprise Calleigh on her lunch hour. I'm pretty sure they'd be the cutest family EVER.

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well you and I will probably forever be in denial.....:guffaw: Let me know if you find other show or ship worthty of our attention. ;)

But look.....BAD TeXMeX! you should be busy writting the spin - off series. We are begining to plan PR and markting strategi next weekend. So get back to writting "Eric and Calleigh a love that would die" NOW!!!!! Or I have you locked up.:evil:.

To Mods Texmex knows it´a joke. Híphuggers are just having fun to overcome some bad news

I still think it depends on whether or not they plan to have Call- character "open" for other storylines. And oddly enough I think the time of ending show completely might matter extremely. Let us say 5 more seasons. They could have time to buildt up new lovecouple --- Lets say Horatio and Natalia---- Then that will be the wedding that ends the show. If Calleigh and (Jesse/Ryan/someone) is hinted to as might be couple then Eric might not even return last episode. And if Adam has great succes somewhere else then......

Hi Marija_Magdalena. Nice to see you again.:)

Money Money Money...I think that is the answer.
    If fanbase react postive to Jesse and this season. Then show will live on and they might not want Calleigh - character tied up to off - screen guy. And they(showrunners) still have the Eric and XXX fans out there. By Call and Eric being an open book. Every ship including Eric stands a chance.

IMO Your layout is not only the correct way but also an innovating way to look at it. "Friends" did it with Monica and Chandler why not here? Would even tied beatifully in with show to have one character representing people in relationships. Major hint- hint at writers:thumbsup:. Or as previously posted now we are 3 fans sending out the thought that should have some reaction somewhere.

Hello AlienMonkey and welcome to tread.

Your post IMO is the general grade giving to episode by hiphuggers. :) You observed and jugded correctly as far as I am concerned:thumbsup:.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey....what did I do :lol::lol::lol:

I would love to write the Eric & Calleigh save the world spin-off...but I could not do it alone, so my fanfic writers need to help me out...we will create our own show and it will make all of us happy again.

I know I sound like a broken record when I say this but I really do hope that we get to see some emotional fall out from Calleigh on this whole thing. Like Adam said this is a great love story :luvlove: and he doesn't see the book closing on it (which makes my shipper heart soar)

I will savor what we have left with Eric this season and just hope that they as a 'ship are given the proper ending. How they can possibly build this up for so long and rip it away without any closure is beyond me.

Lets keep the faith for our favorite couple, they deserve it and I think that if we call for it they will deliver....well I hope so :lol:

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Honey, you pretty much said it all for me. I was really bugged over the fact that they didn't even show Calleigh at Eric's bedside, or have that scene where she determines if he has surgery. Horatio is Eric's boss and was married to his sister for less than 24 hours and HE gets the emotional bedside scene?! WTF?! At the end, Eric looks at HIM?! Again... WTF?!

Apparently we (you, me, and the others) aren't the only ones that feel this way about DC and Super H, the irritating way TPTB at CSI:M seem to think we all watch the show to see him and his stellar :rolleyes: acting ability. I found this on a blog today:

<<But oh, let us talk about Miami. Apparently, in the olden days... forensic science was dismissed as hoodoo, and Horatio Caine (David Caruso) was the only hope for a future with DNA testing, computerized fingerprint analysis, and labs with nifty neon lights. Did you strain your eyes rolling them so hard? That’s right, we spent a good chunk of the hour back in the days of Horatio building his team... But really, everyone around him was stuck in old policework or just had their head up their own ass? Everyone but Horatio and that spunky newbie Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter)? Ugh, is it too much to ask that they stop trying to shove him down our throats as a superhero among us? Apparently so. >>

So, why is it they appear to be granting DC his every wish? Do they not know that people see CSI:M as a joke? That they see Horatio Caine and his pathetic sunglasses, his irritating way of speaking to people while looking off into space, his irritating way of standing, angled away from the people he talks to, with his hands on his hips? Do they not know that people make fun of this? In my opinion the show would be much better without Horatio Caine, and would have a much better chance of being taken seriously.

Adam leaving does not have to be the end of EC and I sincerely hope it isn't. I hope that Eric & Calleigh resolve what happened early in the season, and as he's popping in and out this season, it is established that they are together (maybe not known to their co-workers, but known to us)... maybe via a scene where she goes home from work and he's there at her place, maybe a scene where she gets up for work and he's there in her bed, maybe a scene in which she gets a phone call or text message from Eric (and we see this on her phone, like in And They're Offed) and she smiles as she answers the phone, or looks at the text. God... is it silly of me to hold out hope?

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hallo and Goodday Hiphuggers of the world.

This is Aj B. reporting live and alone again:vulcan: from Hiphuggercenteral.

Look at this - if I was a :devil: . I should post this in spoilertread too:

Looking at all the CSI show romances, is there a more unlikely duo than Adam and Stella? Adam has had a crush on Stella for ages, but did anyone ever think she would reciprocate those feelings–or that the crush would be consummated? I certainly didn’t, and that alone makes the pairing more interesting than any other (okay, maybe save Wendy and Hodges over on CSI) thus far. Danny and Lindsay were pretty much scripted to be together from the get-go; in the years since Lindsay has been on the show, she’s really never been anything other than Danny’s love interest. On CSI, Grissom and Sara danced around each other for so long that by the time they got together, it felt more like a natural progression than a shocking one.Miami’s Calleigh and Delko believablytransitioned from being best friends to lovers, and though it took a while, once again, it felt like the two characters were going down a path that made sense
    Kristine Huntley - CSI Files[/B].[/SPOILER]

As far as I know this is NOT a hiphugger and yet it made sense to an other viewer. :)

Score: 1000 to nil to the hiphuggerclan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ye of little faith....and you lurking outthere:). Oh how can anyone doubt that it is the right way to go.......

So should we play deviladvocat and say: Any reason to doubt the logic and ratingsafe outcome?? :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

To add to what you guys have been saying, I think about three scenes were cut from the premiere. Something was missing!:scream:
    I know H is like the best, but seriously where was Calleigh at that point. The scene with Alexx just wasn't enough. Ladyd10 has such a good point of view of how David would steal Emily's part...but we have no evidence of that so:rolleyes:.....Oh and where were the Russians or whoever that supposedly beat him up? Or did he just fall outta the car and got bruised by the bushes? Maybe he beat himself up and started to just wonder....OH the best part is they didn't even bother to show if he did get shot or not by telling us that they took the bullet out! I mean I see the surgery but maybe they put in a metal plate or something...anybody else excluding us the spoiler readers, could've assumed wrong. :scream:

What happened to the serious part where Calleigh had to make the decision...if it's what I think though, they took it out so to make later episodes better. Hmph

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh...my fav. avatar is back....HI C.H.E.A.R

D&D I hope we agree that is our flag of the new ship?

OPSss. forgot this is AJ reporting from hiphuggercentral.:lol:

I am undecisive as to the bullet. And his reason for leaving.
    It seems they are breaking-up in between 1 and 2. Why else would he call Nat and not Call? As hinted in hospital wake-up H is now the center of Erics attention and affection;). So whatever happens now is the break-up. If Calleigh has no reactions in scenes tonight we should have an idea as to the future as her "life" on show. ;)
    IMO:
    Having her character free from a ship is the easy thing to do. And if Jesse doesn´t get ratings up then show might "die". But there will be other shows and other jobs. So what could be the ensentive for writers to promote a happy ending?

Looking for a job now might worry some. And a stale(?) development of Call would demise the show. So if we were to suprised as viewers should they not repeat something down the lines of "Kiss"?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.