Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I liked Vincent - he plays so well with Hodgins! Wendall is fun though, if he ever shuts up lol.

I am definitely looking forward to next Thursday, if for no other reason than to see a healthy Booth again. :D

2. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

i second to that! ;)

3. HoratioStalker

Halfway through the season premiere and I love it so far! Booth finally admitted, almost, that he loves Bones (he called her "baby"!!), the Cyndi Lauper character is a great fit, the quirkiness is back, and the case is forefront. Hodgins is once again king of the lab. :). Sooo glad HH fixed the boofs from last season.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

That was a great episode. I was so relieved it was a strong one... especially since I'm one of those people that hated the "alternative reality" episode. :lol:

I loved all the underlying tension between Booth and Brennan- good stuff!

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Best quote of the episode: Brennan: Well, they gave me medication. So I feel how I imagine people of average intelligence feel, all the time. :lol:

I'm glad Caroline was around, she's so funny. (btw, didn't Bones' brother crash her car?, that must be a new one then...).

I saw on twitter that Stephen Fry is shooting scenes, so, yayyy, Gordon Gordon will be back.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Loved, loved the season premiere. The tension between them, they are acting like awkward teenagers around each other.

I laughed when Bones asked Booth if he wanted her to kiss him on the forehead and he leaned in and she just walked away. The flirty look she gave him as she walked away was priceless. He was so desperate to get her alone.

The I love you scene, awww...to me she looked a little disappointed when he pretty much took it back. I loved that she said I love you back to him, but seems to me like she doesn't believe it herself.

Hodgins, king of the lab.

Cam: You're in love with Dr. Brennan...LMAO, duh I think she's known that since they were together.

Sweets...really, you can't be happy for Booth, he has finally admitted what you have thought all along.

Cyndi Lauper was awesome! I forgot how much I used to love her.

Booth, don't settle for second best!

Sorry for my rant...LOL

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked that everyone was trying so hard to protect Tempi by telling Booth to make sure of his feelings before he tells her. I think that Sweets in his own odd little was trying to do that. :lol:

Seeley's middle name is Joseph. Nice to know. :)

Cam: Would you care to hug?
    Tempi: Why? :guffaw:

:lol: she looked surprised when Jack hugged her.

:lol: She sat on Seeley. Notice that she was the first to reach for Seeley to hug him. He didn't reach for her first, she reached first. That's very telling. :)

:lol: at B&B doing the raspberries.

The psychic: Her name is Avalon Harmonia? :lol:

:lol: at Seeley's socks.

Cam: Be sure about your feeling sbecause if you crack that shell and then change your mind, she will die of loneliness before she ever trusts anyone again.

Aww at Ange kissing Booth on the forehead. Love that Tempi asked if he wanted her to also and he said sure and got ready and then she just walked off grinning at him. :lol:

Jack: That's why they call me the king of the lab.
    Ange: No one does that but you. :lol:

Aww Seeley kissed Tempi's crown and called her "baby". Swoon! :luvlove::adore:

:lol: at Angela teasing Lance.

:lol: at "I love you in a professional atta girl kind of way." "Right back at you. I love you too. Atta boy." :lol:

8. HoratioStalker

I sooo want a screencap of that scene! That and the one from the hockey ep last season when Booth pushed Bones up to the wall and stood verrry close to her :D.

9. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

aww i really thought the show couldn't get better! but I WAS WRONG!
    i loved this season premiere!! their tension keeps getting stronger, uh? from the beginning we get to see how differently brennan acts around booth (the way she held him way more personally then she did with hodgind and didn't do with cam LOL).
    oh and i think cam's just sooo sweet! :) i love her. i LMAO when she said "omg, are you hearing voices?" LOL!! cam is awesome... she really can read those two and how booth's kinda the chance for brenna to change her life.
    ok, i needed a moment to take a breath: did booth simply (openly) agreed with cam that he is IN LOVE with brennan? :D:D:D
    wait wait he said "i gotcha, BABY?" OMFG!
    what i enjoyed best was the harmonia analysing brennan... it fitted her perfectly: her being afraid of life and of people, specially of getting involved, and hiding that behind cocky and so-called-controlled walls. and how she's fooling herself. god, i loved that scene, i could re-play it over and over again.
    you know what, for the shippers here... i think we've got a very rich season coming towards us, from the taste of this season premiere! ;) let's keep our hopes up!
    "go with your lion heart", guys! ;)

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've just gotten around to watching the premiere and so far (I'm a little more than halfway through) I'm really liking it. Brennan and Both are reunited (she went for the hug first), Hodgins is so freaking adorable it's scary, Ange is still a new-age lovable kook, etc etc.

I have one point of contention, though - the writers have obviously, OBVIOUSLY been pushing the love story between Brennan and Booth since practically season 1 and yet Sweets, in about 90 seconds, explains that a few brain scans prove that Booth wasn't in love with Brennan before the surgery.

I'm sorry...

What?

I call shenanigans on that. If he wasn't in love with her before the surgery then I'd like SOMEONE to explain all their looks and gestures and hints and all the pining and tension and UST, etc etc. Plus out of all the people in his life that he could've married in his "dream world", it was Brennan. Not Ange, not Cam, not his ex, not a movie star, not someone he had a few dates with once, no... it was BONES. He wasn't in love with her before his brain got scrambled?

I call complete and utter shenanigans.

That's all I have to say at the moment. I'll probably come back after I've seen the rest.

[[edit]]

OK, well, they never really took it back. They had the "psychic" tell him that "gosh darn it, your heart tells you what you feel, not brain scans!" And then they let Bones explain it perfectly. She's right. The heart's metaphorically the "love muscle", but the brain IS where you love. So why claim the love was never there until his brain surgery when it's clearly not true? Lame. So lame.

The "I love you" cop-out was disappointing, but I think the sincerity was clear before he jumped all over his proclamation with a "but-just-as-a-professional" addendum. She looked so sad and confused when he took it back, but to be honest, Bones picks up on meanings and subtext much better than she used to. I think she knows. I think she played along for his sake. I think they both understand now more than ever that they have an undercurrent of real romantic love in their partnership.

I have to thank TPTB for throwing in the foreshadowing of "it'll all work out". It's something I think we've all been assuming practically since day 1, but... it's nice that they put it out there officially (well, as "official" as tarot cards can be, anyway).

By the way, Hodgins IS King of the Lab, damnit! Such an adorable, cocky nerd. *sighs*

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  11. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Well, I loved the season premiere!!!!!!! :love: But, as I said on a thread in the main (CSI's) section of the forum, I would like to know the conclusion of that case Booth and Brennan was working on when Stewie appeared :( I know it's somewhat irrelevant, but I hope someone brings it up. I wasn't 100% satisfied with it :lol:

Angela and Hodgins are totally having a baby. I refuse to accept it's NOT true.
    Besides, Michaela has said Angela and Hodgins will be back together someday down the road :adore:

Sweets/Angela seems to be so cute!
    I hope it's him she sleeps with. Stephen Fry has somewhat implied that on his twitter in the past week about doing a scene with Sweets and Angela in therapy.

I'm gonna go watch the eppy again, and I'll be back! :D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sweets is engaged to Daisy, so I doubt Sweets is gonna hook up with Angie. But, I'd love to see Jack (hodgins- easy to call him by his first name otherwise I end up typing Hodges too often lol) and Angie back together.

13. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Oh, I loved it. It followed on from the season finale perfectly.

The only thing that I'm a teeny bit disappointed about is:

Ryan Cartwright is now in Mad Men, so I guess the intern they stick with isn't going to be Vincent. :(

14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

• Lawl, James Bond.
    • Sawing the hand off, grosssssss. :eek:
    • Alright, alright, we know Bones is rich. She's always getting stuff. We get it.
    • Cats want to eat Booth... creeeeeepy!
    • Wendell = full of useful information!
    • Hodgins knows the book "Everybody Poops"... *giggles*
    • Oooo, Booth stares down baby CIA agent. :vulcan:
    • Hey, I never noticed that the scene with Booth pushing Brennen up against the wall was in the opening credits! Was that added just this season? Man, I loved that scene...
    • Lady w/Accent is pretty but suspicious. :shifty:
    • Noooooo, don't take away Wendell! Hodgins got drunk with him last week! *smirk*
    • LOL, over-enthusiasm much, guys? Wendell thinks y'all are dorks.
    • More Bond-ness! Hehehe, Hodgins & Wendell Bond impressions = so cute.
    • Bones, stop picking on Sweets! That's a bad Anthropologist!
    • "Ms. Rolex" = Booth is threatened by Brennan's wealth
    • "You want my advice?" "No." "OK, [gives advice]" :lol:
    • OMG melting face *feels woozy* :eek:
    • Aw, sad reference to Zack... :(
    • I lurv conspiracy theory Hodgins. :shifty:
    • Over-enthusiasm again?? You guys SUCK at this! :rolleyes:
    • "Not everyone is logical. It's frustrating, but that's just how the world works!" I think Bones honestly forgets this sometimes.
    • I also lurv totally insightful Booth. Look, Brennan, this is how humanity works! :p
    • "But... I'll never have to fly coach" :lol::lol:
    • "Well played, Booth!" "Thanks, Bones!" Attaboy, attagirl! It's almost like they're saying "I love you"... but not quite. :rolleyes:
    • Wendell's breaking my heart! "Oh, the miracle, that's what my mother calls the scholarship". :(
    • Oh noes, complex testimony stuff!
    • Bones thinks going after a dream is ridiculous? "Dream" is just another word for "ambition". Why would she scoff at ambition?
    • Oh, Bones. She sounds detached but looks emotional.
    • Poor Wendell. So now he knows...
    • Awwwwwwwwww, Bones took Sweets' advice! She does think there's something to it!
    • WTF? Brennan looks scandalized, almost disgusted by the suggestion that she's sleeping with Booth! Don't tell me you don't want to, lady, because you know you do!
    • "Like there's an acceptable protocol for crushing someone's soul"... Yeah, Angela, discuss crushing someone's soul in front of Hodgins. Smooooooooth.
    • Awwwww, Bones is so thoughtful! Even if she wants him to pay for the gift. :lol:
    • "I've always wanted to wield a wrench!" Whoa baby!
    • Wendell telling his mom... *tears up*
    • LOL, for once, Sweets gets to tease someone about looking like a kid!
    • Time crunch! Work people, work!!!
    • "How do you wanna be remembered?" Ouch, quite a button to push for the guy who's being kicked out.
    • Hey, Lady w/Accent from the beginning is the villain! I knew it!
    • Hooray, case solved, and dead CIA guy is honored, happy ending.
    • Wait, no happy ending, Wendell goes bye-bye. :(
    • Wait, YES happy ending! "Please allow me to say 'thank you' to anonymous" Hehehe...
    • AH HA, Cam, Hodgins and Brennan all donated! Niiiice.
    • Hand-touching moment! :adore:
    • Bones:"Even with all the financial and intellectual contradictions, I still feel close to you"
      *Booth looks at their hands*
      Booth
      : "Right, because, you know, none of that really matters anyway"
      Bones
      : "Sometimes looking at it through your eyes, I believe that"
      *look at each other, then Booth reaches over her to start the water*
    • AWWWWWWW!!!! :luvlove:
    • Water spraaaaaay, ha ha ha ha ha!
    • "My watch is ruined!!" "What do you mean, it's ruined? It's a Rolex!" :lol:

What happened to the cats that Brennan wanted to be taken back to the Jeffersonian?

What was with the James Bond stuff? Was that explained? If so, I missed the explanation.

What was on the damn flash drive??

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ginnna...welcome back! You recapped the episode perfectly....

I just have one question...WHHHHHHHHYYYYY aren't these two together yet. I loved the final scene where they are working under the sink. They love each other...duh its obvious.

The bad lady in the beginning was the one from Wolfe In Sheeps Clothing last season on CSI: Miami...part of me kept expecting Delko to show up and start speaking Russian again...:lol:

I love Wendall...I am so glad Bones did the right thing.
    My dream was to work with you...awwwwwwww...snuggles Wendall

Ha ha Sweets: At least I tuck myself in at night :lol::lol:

2 episodes in and I am loving it...the awkwardness between the two is absolutely hilarious...they have their moments, I just don't want anyone to ruin it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.