Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So, I finally got to see this. I want to know, really, what is Nick's sudden interest in bugs? Spiders of all things. :wtf:

I hope they explain this, because after having red ants all over you and another bug crawl on him, you got the feeling he doesn't want to be around them anymore. Not that I blame him.

I do hope the address this.

2. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Alright, I found some scans of the new TV Guide Magazine thanks to fox1 which has some new info about the characters:

Greg:
    The lab guy-turned-CSI is tired of being seen as the kid on the team, so this season, he's looking for some respect. Says Szmanda, ''He's not happy with the way things have been, and he wants them to change. This is something he's been holding in all this time, and it'll be a shock to everyone.''

Nick:
    With his mentor Grissom gone, Nick may find two ways to fill the void: a pet ("Near the end of last season, he went off to take a bug class", hints exec producer Carol Mendelsohn) and a love interest. "I ain't fighting it," Eads says about the latter idea. "I'd like it to be: Nick comes home, puts his keys up, and there's a girl there making him dinner."

Ray:
    This season, newbie Langston gets some experience while on the trail of a serial killer "doing these strange operations on people, putting something inside them that doesn't belong there," says Fishburne. "There's also going to be a wife around, and we may get to meet her." And watch for Langston in a three-way crossover with CSI:NY and CSI:Miami.

The Lab Rats:

Those guys (and gals) in lab coats will get another episode of their own this season. Plus Hodges, who's been crushing on Wendy, will have "a slight misstep and actually come bearing gifts for Catherine," says Mendelsohn. Thanks to budget cuts, Wendy and other members of the lab crew will have to get out into the field to work.

Doc Robbins:
    The mild-mannered coroner gets to kick a little live butt at the start of the season when the lab itself becomes a crime scene. "Dr. Robbins is the defender of the coroner's office," Mendelsohn says. He'll also be a key to helping explore the evidence from Langston's serial killer and may get some unexpected help. Adds Mendelsohn: "We have an idea for a new character who may join the coroner's office."

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Thanks Ankeila.

That kinda confirms the girlfriend. I like how he comments on the girl but doesn't tell us if he's for or against the new pet. :lol: Personally, after seeing the CTV promo yesterday I prefer the girl to the pet. It's not that I don't like spiders - I just hate big, hairy ones. :eek:

Susan

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Thanks Ankeila :)

I pretty much like everything said there. I think Greg shouting out for some R-E-S-P-E-C-T will be good. Szmanda will be able to play it well.

Nick and bugs I'm not so sure about. Than again, I'm deathly afraid of spiders (they are my kryptonite) so seeing one will not be good :(. As far as the girlfriend goes, the way George explained it is how it should be done. Just a companion for him that we see only once in awhile.

Having Ray involved with cases that offer true medical or surgical expertise will help be better like his character I think. That is his forte.

Lab Rats in field! YAY!! Give us more Wendy kickin butt!

And Doc kickin butt will be super awesome. Not sure about a new coroner, but oh well.

Overall, I'm getting really excited about this.

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

I typed up the interview (and I can't find the news thread... maybe looking in the wrong section, and if so, apologies!). No pictures included. Go buy the magazine :) It's got NICE pictures.

TV Guide Magazine Article

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The TV Guide article:

I like how George said that when Jorja left it was like losing your lead guitarist. :lol:

The ladies want a CSI: Musical ep? Oh good, so I'm not the only one who has wanted that ever since seeing the Buffy musical ep. :lol: And Jorja said she can't sing? What? I recall her singing to herself on an early episode and I thought she had a really nice voice... and I believe it was Nick who told Sara she did have a nice voice. :)

:lol: The talk about the foot doctor cracked me up. :)

Thanks for posting that interview Ipstenu. I love that you used my two favorite colors (turquoise and purple) to highlight their names. :D

One question: Are there any pics of Nick and/or Greg in the magazine or just Catherine and Sara?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  8. PraetorCorvinus

Okay, I really want to see CSI: The Musical! It probably wouldn't happen as an episode, but as a DVD special feature, hell yeah! :lol:

Marg and George have singing talents. Jorja and Liz can dance. Eric and Robert are rockin in the back. Paul and Laurence are doing whatever it is they can do. I can see it now.

That would be freaking hilarious. :guffaw:

9. tippy

tippy Victim

Okay now lets see, TPTB and most of the cast said they did not want to make CSI a soap opera.

GSR is back at least half of the duo and we will be dealing with their problems as indicated in interviews.

Ray is getting a wife and it appears they are having troubles so we will have to be dealing with that.

Nick is getting a love interest, I can see us focusing on that instead of his new job.

The Wendy-Hodges crush thing continues this season.

As much as Marg has been talking about getting a love interest in all of her interviews, I see that coming also.

It was said that this season they wanted to get away from the personal stuff and get back to science, to me it seems they are doing quite the opposite. To much romance now we are heading to soap opera land.

We haven't had much of that for 10 years and I personally like it that way. Why all at once now? Now I get the feeling it is going to be crammed down our throats in every episode. I mean if the majority of them are getting spouses or love interests, each week we will deal with a certain amount of angst from some relationship.

I know many will say its about time, it won't take up screen time. But GSR wasn't focused on all through the show and yet it took away from the characters and changed them, the same with Warrick. His marriage wasn't focused on yet it took something away from his character. Even when Catherine was having her troubles with Eddie it sort of took away from her character.

I am sad to say the more I hear about the upcoming season the less I like it.

That is just how I feel, I know many feel totally the opposite and I respect that.

No matter what happen there are going to be those that aren't happy.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I hate spiders too and if they give Nick a pet spider I will be really creeped out.

Something always told me Greg has been holding back how he really feels and I will be glad to see him finally speak his mind.

I remember them using that dancing scene from GD in a promo. That was funny. :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The GD dancing scene was hilarious. Billy bobbing his head around just cracked me up. :lol:

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Wow, you typed it, instead of scanning it. Well that was really nice of you. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup: Going to read it now or later, but just wanted to say that was cool of you to actually TYPE it.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Is that going to be Greg's theme song in the musical? 'RESPECT'? I seriously could see him singing that..

14. PraetorCorvinus

HA! I didn't even think of that. Greg's walking around the lab, singing his song and flipping people off as he does so. Brilliant! :lol:

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'd love a musical episode of CSI. I don't think it'll ever happen unless they treat like it the lab rats episodes that are kind of one off or "special"

And about Nick and his new "pet", maybe going to this bug seminar helped him come to terms with that certain aspect of his time in the box. And also what better way to get over your fears than to face them head on

I can only imagine the characters' reactions to seeing the spider with Nick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.