8x01 - 'Out of Time' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Overall, I loved the episode. I always knew she could do it as an actor, but I must say it was really nice to see Calleigh's character show some emotional depth. The scene with Alex was perfectly done, in my opinion. More would have been out of character, but robot Calleigh would have been inappropriate too given her history, not just romantically, with Eric.

As for the storyline, they left so much in the present time unexplained. At the end of the show, I was thinking, "Did she shoot him afterall or did the bullet shift, like was mentioned in the spoilers????" I realize we may get fed more information over the next couple of episodes, but I feel like I'm missing some big pieces to the story and it's hard for me to reconcile that with the ending with the whole team at the bedside. There were some big conversations left out if that was Cal's bullet.

As for the flashback sequence, I thought it was generally well-done and entertaining. I too had a problem with Eric being a tow-truck driver. I guess technically he may have gone from tow truck driver to the acadamy to underwater recovery to CSI, but that seems like a lot of time passing. Maybe not though. How long is officer training? Furthermore, though, do you think he had a college education and was working as a tow truck driver??? Our Eric is educated beyond what police acadamy would explain. Anyhow, it was a little inconsistent to me, but I'm going to disregard the flashback sequence and just leave it as an amusing insert into the canon.

As for Jesse, so far I didn't find his character particularly annoying. I'm glad they made his character seem like a bit of a tortured soul. I would have been pissed if he was too "in your face". That said, I'm not too keen on the whipping the shirt off scene in the upcoming episodes, so I'm playing it by ear with this character...

Overall, I thought it was an entertaining episode. Not my favorite, but not the worst either. :)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well as much as it made me laugh out loud, she seemed to be on something rather than just cheerful like she was during "Cross-Jurisdictions" :lol:. Not that I didn't like it b/c oh boy during her first scene with Dorsey I just couldn't stop laughing for her answer, but she seemed high like she was during "Dispo Day".....not the best way to show up for your first day, I guess :lol:

As for the flashbacks...IDK, but to me it looked more like it was everyone's flashback. Sometimes it was Eric, but there were Calleigh, H & Frank's ones, at least IMHO.

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think one of my favorite (and probably the scene I found most surprising) was where H was talking to the unconscious Eric in the hospital and telling him not to give up. It was so cute, and so sweet, and I was about ten seconds away from crying.

Frank with a mustache made me laugh... :lol:

The thing with the sunglasses made me laugh, too.

I liked the Speedle mentions both in Horatio's speech and in Jesse's recommendation. It made me giggle a bit when Jesse said that he was, "kinda hard to get on the phone." Don't know why, but I found it funny. :lol:

All in all, good episode. Not what I expected, but it was still good. :D

4. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

Well...not really a great season opener in my opinion.... the show it's self was good..interesting & entertaining...but did NOTHING to wrap up any of the event's of last season's cliff hanger... I'm still hangin... in fact to me...it seemed more of a way to "introduce" Jesse to the team next week, than to explain anything from last season...

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I just watched it. Nothing too special, Ryan for about 2 seconds, and he never spoke! Kinda lame but this was an E/C episode and I knew that anyway.

I hope the season gets better for my fave guy and for Nat. :thumbsup:

Oh, Eddie looked okay in the credits...last, where he belonged ;)

Calleigh was adorable and eager.

p/S gardener guy reminded me of the dude who kidnapped Ryan in WISC

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    As I said on Ryan's thread,the season can only get better for Ryan as far as screen time.I was expecting more than 2 seconds from Ryan though and that he would at least talk.
    That was Jesse's 1997 hair so maybe it will be different for present day.

7. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Okay it was different and I like seeing flashbacks to how Horatio's detective abilities were back in the day...About Ryan-isn't he originally from BOSTON? so WHY would he be in FL 12 yrs ago? liked bubbly blond Calleigh-more clever than the old boys club cops hanging around...Poor Eric, always cute but always injured-hope he's current on his medical premiums payments...really nice to see the whole team around him as he woke up-not solving crimes but worried about a fellow fallen officer..as for Sharova will probably mention him now that Eric is awake he'll ask about him or tell H that he was 'bringing the guy" in to testify against these Russian mob baddies...miss Alexx so much, she looked so pretty in modern times and the same in old scenes..

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Didn't realize this thread was here, so posting this again. Mod's can delete my other one, if they like.

So....just watched the episode.

I like it overall, it was typical CSI Miami.

A couple of things:

1. In the beginning when Eric ended up on ground, next to that telephone??, I thought he was staring at it trying to decide to get help, but if you remember, that's the exact same spot that he and Horatio went to visit and found the car transfer.

2. Eric's hair - love it! He looked almost the same. They all managed to look younger. The best to look younger (although I thought she could've had a speaking part) was Natalia. She looked 11-12 years younger for sure. I think they did a great job with everyone's makeup.

3. Jesse. Ok... I thought he was a little strange at first, but maybe it was just me. I guess they tried to make him prove himself by having him at that scene to show his skills...not bad...but you're no Eric. Sorry. Maybe he'll grow on me, but Eric is irreplaceable.

4. Like that they didn't put in the teenage Ryan - I thought that would've been wayyyyy of course. I like they put in the current one though.

5. Alexx was a treat to see. I never saw her with short hair before, but I'm glad she was there to support Calleigh and give her a shoulder to cry on. Did anyone else's heart break when Calleigh was crying? I teared up with her.. :(

6. Liked that they mentioned Speed and Megan - good inclusion.

Overall, good ep. Wish it was a little longer, but guess we can't have everything.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Once we knew Speed wasn't going to appear,some of us didn't expect Ryan in the flashback.We expected more than 2 seconds in the present time though.He could have spoken a word or two while donating blood.That was a little ridiculous treating Nat and Ryan as if they were mute.Some of Jesse's alone time could have been cut,and Ryan could have discussed the fact that he was donating blood with Natalia.There should have been some effort to including these two more.While the writers were changing some of the history,they could have come up with something for them.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  10. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Yeah, Ryan and Nat had no voices for some reason. :lol:

I'll let this episode slide but the fact that Ryan was little included in the ep made me enjoy it less.

Although I admit, I did start to like Jesse. He's a cutie, and I think he and Ryan will get along. I think Jesse was less cheerful than his big jesse-smile indicates, but I do think he's more smiley than present day Ryan. Or Maybe my memory just fails me here...:confused: I'm glad that there's at least some difference between the two guys, then, because they already look very similar, wouldn't make sense if their personalities were at the same time...

Maybe jesse will turn out to be more of a jokester or something? I can't imagine he'd go the 'hot headed route' since then Ryan would have nothing to get in trouble for >.>

I'm satisfied that I'm at least interested to see how Jesse works out. After seeing this episode I think he deserves a little more time. Just don't let him hop up those credits...

11. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I thought so too.

Separated at birth or forced to assimilate a dodgy accent in order to escape and duct tape Ryan to a chair? :shifty:

12. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I thought this ep was quite good.
    Horatio was great, so good to see him smiling and joking. OMG the sunglasses! :cool:

Calleigh was adorable. It was so cute the way she was so nervous and trying so hard. I miss that sunny disposition that was her's in the first years of the show.

I was thrilled to see Alexx again. I really miss her.

I know it is very sad that Adam is leaving the show :( but that being said I am not going to dislike Jesse just because I like Delko. I thought his character showed real promise. I will be interested to learn why he was leaving, where does he go and why does he come back. So many questions:shifty:

Loved that Meagan was mentioned! And Speed, I am glad his name was brought up but sorry that he didnt make an appearance as was earlier rumored. He was my favorite back in the day and I would have loved to see him again. Oh Well!

It was to be expected that Ryan and Nat were not a big part of this episode but there is a long season ahead of us and I REFUSE to believe that they will not be given good story arcs soon.

I am glad they showed Eric waking up in the hospital at the end because I would like to know what happened to his father and did Calleigh actually shoot him. I guess being kept is suspense is part of the fun but I have been waiting all summer to find out and I want some answers:scream:

All in all I liked the episode, I have a good feeling about season 8 and I think I am going to like Jesse just fine! :)

13. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

THE SAD PART about the whole episode was... the couple a second screentime for Ryan, Natalia & H's sunnies.

Hmm. that guy didn't look like he speak Russian. :shifty:

14. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I have a feeling they won't approach the storyline with Eric's father anytime soon :( BONES didn't conclude the case Booth was working on when he "saw" the baby from Family Guy. :rolleyes:

Anyways, back to CSI Miami..

I loved Calleigh, she seemed to be on something :eek: Loved it! :lol: I miss that Calleigh :D

Horatio was pretty cool, I didn't like that wank who was working with him. What was he exactly? Was he what Stetler is now? :confused: And wasn't Megan head of the CSI before Horatio??

I wish they approached a different way of Speedle's absence :rolleyes: Or have they forgotten that he was there before Horatio and it was Megan who hired him? :scream:

I'm glad we didn't see Ryan, but I didn't get the part where he was getting blood drawn :confused:

Seeing Natalia was pretty awesome :D So she worked for the FBI! :cool:

AND ERIC!!!! :D He looked just adorable and they did a fantastic job making him look younger! :thumbsup: I loved all his scenes, especially the one where he met Calleigh! :adore: :adore:

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

He was donating blood. Ryan's fans missed him,but I'm sure we will see more of him later.Glad to see how considerate you are to his fans.