William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Yeah....same old same old CSI.. *rollseyes* Way to change it up, ladies :) We ROCK!

So I want erep's critique of my 'Endgame' post...Am I messing up my sociological 'dominance' with something else?
    Billy you're gonna rock that stage up, baby!! *WOO HOO*

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, this is a CSI forum, and I never see any post pertaining to this, and now I know why all the long time fans who've been on here for have fled:(, And that play isn't till April, meanwhile he's probably going to return for a guest spot, on CSI, so I"m waiting for that, as others are:bolian:

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Alright, ok, I don't wanna make anybody mad or anything here, but I just gotta say something. First off, this thread is suppose to be about Billy, first and foremost. That means anything he does should be able to be discussed. The title says CSI & Beyond. Grissom isn't the only character he's ever played and neither is 'Ray', for that matter, but I like to talk about it because it's the last thing he's done and it's fresh. I understand it's hard for the ones that didn't get to see the play to keep up with the conversation because there's not much you can say except comment on what others say about it. There's been times on here that I haven't been able to jump in on a conversation some of you had, but I just decide to lay low and wait until one comes up that I can get in on. I don't feel 'left out' at all. Now, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have a problem with talking about CSI. It's just that, unless we're talking about past episodes, there's not much to talk about right now because everything is still a speculation. When it's confirmed for sure, as in I hear him or some of the execs, producers, actually say it and when it's going to happen, then I'll be more than happy to talk about it.:)

Let's try to put our differences aside and just focus on what's important here....BILLY.:D

4. britfan

britfan Pathologist

^^ Bravo, CSIz! Beautifully said. I can't wait for Billy to do a guest spot, but nothing is confirmed and until it is, for me, there's nothing to talk about. Will he? Won't he? That's it really. I believe he will - for sweeps - to earn money for CBS and the production company (an himself as exec. producer.) He says he wants to do episodes in Paris - again, no confirmation. And that was a huge story in our media, never mind in The US.

Any Billy fan can join in at any time. If you are suggesting we are dominating this thread, that will make me angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry... :lol: Real life gets in the way and peoples' focuses move on; new shows start and threads open for different shows on other sites - maybe Billy leaving CSI is a big reason lots of the Billy fans don't come here anymore. Had you thought of that before commenting?

I'll read 'Endgame' again. Real life is getting in the way at the moment. But when I do, I'll pass my opinion on what I think the metaphors are. Like I said, it will just be my opinion. Other folks will have different perspectives and angles. We know it's going to challenge the audience and be arty - it's what Billy likes to do with his performances, and we also know he likes to play dodgy characters because, he's right, bad characters have more fun! I love playing the panto villain!!

Back to real life. GCSE exam marking to do. WHOOT!! :scream:!!!

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I think you're the ONLY one who can get me to shut my big mouth :p LOL
    I agree with everything that you said, and I'm cool with talking about past episodes and saving the 'new' epi talk until Billy is actually seen in an episode or someone (like you said, EP or Billy, preferably Billy) says something, I'm not gonna feed the speculation, cos I think that's done WAY too much with celebrities and I think Billy deserves to be treated much better than your 'average' celeb. And I"m not denying that CSI was a part of Billy's life, but there are certainly other things he's doing that are a prominent part in his life NOW, and I think those are worth discussing.

Thanks, bf in advance for sharing your opinions :) I'm excited to be challanged to figure out this play, even during the performance. I love that Billy is cool with challenging himself & the audience (of whom he must know there are fans in ;p) with his choice of characters & plays....Shows he doesn't think we're idiots and that we truly do love & enjoy him and his phenomenal talent :) I LOVE that.

6. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Well done to all of the above posts.:beer:

I can't add much more. Except that this is a Billy thread and we will continue to talk about new things he is doing. The thread title says 'csi and beyond' does it not? If you don't like us talking about his new projects rather than re-hashing old csi conversations or rumours pertaining to his return (and they are rumours), then don't come on. This is a Billy thread for Billy fans and we are not just stuck on him being on csi for the rest of eternity.

And also, I don't take kindly being told what areas of Billys career I can and can't talk about. If I do step over the line, then I'll leave it to the mods to tell me, no-one else.

Cheers!! :angel:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am starting by saying this, this is just a friendly gentle reminder, and addressed to anyone and everyone on the face of this earth (meaning no one is being singled out).

Lets just slow down, yes this thread is called "CSI & Beyond" it allows people to discuss CSI and his other works, charities, sports, etc. That is definitely obivious by the thread name.
    But telling people what they can and cannot discuss, to not post/discuss something on this thread is not acceptable, there are some exceptions to that rule, that being what we have mentioned and the rules of this board. So please lets move on.

We now return you to your discussion of WP and his many works. Thank-you ;)

8. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Ok. Thanks, Destiny... I think! :lol:

Just got 'Haven' sent from the DVD library I subscribe to! Only hired it because it's a film Billy is in that we can't get to buy! Set in World War Two, by the looks of it. New Billyness for me and PLG... Marvellous!! Just finishing watching 'Phantom of the Opera,' first. Now Billy would make an excellent Phantom in Gaston Leroux's original version and stage adaptation... But only if I can be Christine Daae!!

Is it the Emmy's tonight? Is Billy presenting? Need the black suit combo!

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was scouring every Billy site I could find and found I have alot in comnmon with him in many areas, to share this, and BTW, when he's been on a show for 9 years, and two others are gone Gary and Louise, and fans are still taking about the episodes they've been in, I find it interesting to see what people's favorites are episode, scene, lines etc. and on him "moving on" he's just doing something different now. A simple comparsion is Kevin Spacey, the great actor, who moved to London to be the director of "The Old Vic Theater" [he's since made a movie] point? Billy is NOT the director or producer or manager of any theater but, has not completely stepped down as he's kept his title as ex. producer on CSI. Meaning he's still got input on what happens, and what doesn't happen. I feel sure he'll return and maybe that's why Jorja came back, as Sara.. He will come to get her, and that's what many fans are anticipating. So, anyway things I as a avid fan have in common with him~

He was around when JFK was assassinated, so was I~
    He attended Santana & Rolling Stones concerts, so have I~
    He went to Dodger games when he was in L.A., so have I~
    He's from Chicago, so is our President, and I assume from comments he's made about Bush and Cheney, he's a Democrat, so am I~
    He loves Chicago, so do I~
    He loves CSI, so do I~

I'd love to pick his brain on our Health Care Reform, he's very smart and knows what 's going on, as he's probaby very opinated on that, and talk politics with him on how he thinks our country is doing and where it's headed in the future. :thumbsup:

And on why fans left here, it's because as stated prior, is some don't want to read and re-hash the same old same old, it's not interesting to all, those who do, that's great, but not everyone wants too. One site in particular has Billy and CSI, Billy and his movies, and Billy and his plays and the one that gets the most hits, is the CSI one. Many fans who didn't see, or could care less about his plays, still want to discuss his portrayal as Gil Grissom the fantastic "bug-man"~

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Um, I'm pretty sure he's not. I'm sure we would've heard by now if he was going to. Ah, yes, gotta love our man in black.;) BTW, let me know how Haven turns out. I've been debating on watching it myself.

Ok, this is totally a random question but, we all know Billy's a funny guy with a great sense of humor. What's your favorite comical moment from him? It can be from his movies, tv, interviews, etc...told ya it was random.:lol:

11. poppylvsgriss

I don't think he was presenting at the Emmys, I think when left CSI he breathed a sigh of relief that he didn't have to go to those things anymore! :lol:

BF - isn't Haven reviewed on the website you got it from as 'the worst film ever made'? :lol: awwww. poor billy - how can it be when its got 'mr hottness' himself in it??!!

Hmm. Best comical moment - i may have to have a think about that..... it's definately one of his interviews. He's so witty and quick. the stuff that makes me laugh is things like when he was being interviewed for the chicago bid at the Biograph and the interviewer said something about going to see Rambo 4 there and he says 'rambo 4!', chuckling. Just the way he said it made me laugh. sigh........... I will NOT go doe eyed BF!! :rolleyes:

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

as far as i know Billy has never made his political views public so i don't think it's fair to him to guess just based on the city he lives in. this is how Internet rumous start. a lot of people who don't post read this forum and i wouldn't be surprised if puppypower got a lot of emails asking about it. which is gonna make her busy for no reason again. *shrugs*

i think to me it's one of his Extra interviews with Julie Chen back in 2006 when they talked about Grissom's favorite place to go on a date. Billy said Grissom would like to go on "a picnic in the woods". she asks why and he answers "cuz he loves the woods and there is always bugs at picnics." Julie adds "he'll bring his own ants" and Billy cracks up. he is really adorable and the way he says his answers is hilarous. :)

13. poppylvsgriss

hee hee!!!!

i tell you another one i like, its from him being interview for ET at the Peoples Choice Awards in 2006, I think. He's very cheeky with the interviewer (the blonde one!) and tries to steal her glass of champagne away from her. She calls him a bad man! :lol:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Love those!:guffaw:

Now that I think about it, that's a pretty hard question FOR me to answer lol. I think candid interviews is when he's at his best and those that you all mentioned are prime examples. I remember one he did with ET and I think it was Mary Hart doing the interview. She was asking him about a love interest for Grissom and she hinted that she was available. Of course, that cute flirty side came out and he agreed that that could work.:lol:

Billy? A bad boy? Never!:devil::p

15. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Things have gone all kinds of weird in here... :wtf:

It was either 'Haven' of 'Kingdom of the Blind' which was reviewed by someone as the worst film ever made! But how can it be with His Cheeky Chops in it? I've also put that on my rentals list! I just love cheese! Pass the crackers and pickle. Yummy!!

PLG - You were BORN doe eyed for Billy! It just needs a bit of dribble to complete the look from you! :drool::drool:

His best comedy moment? Blimey. So many. Ermmmm. When he was talking about Roy Rodgers and Trigger was lovely, the lack of a tag line at the end of the teaser for 'Fur and Loathing!' Even Griss was speechless by a man in a racoon suit, dead by the road!

Roared at the bum slap in 'Big Middle.'

Adorably funny in the Biography interview for the 2016 Olympics when he was busted with his, 'I like the boats!' :lol::lol:

Those photos of him leering with both his wifey and Marg Helgenberger... bad man!! :devil:

But my personal favourite was when we met him, and he looked at the screen print and giggled, 'Jeez! What's this?? I'll sign the forehead, there looks to be a lot of room there!' That was so Cute and funny. Big hugs, to Billy!