CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I think the clip Melina is referring to is the one with Stella and Mac.She talks about six years and being surprised because a while ago she infered that it would take longer then that to put them together. That and the fact that the clip with Stella in her black bra is from RND season four. If they were going to put Stella and Adam together why hype up Adam and the new girl? and why not use a more recent clip of Stella in her black bra??

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^ETA: That's possible. Is the clip with Stella definitely from S4? I wondered if it might be an older clip, but I wasn't sure.

BTW, is it possible that the woman Flack is kissing in the promo could be Stella? I'm doubtful (and I'm sure y'all would have said so in the first place if it looked like her), but I thought I'd ask. I can't see the promo well enough to make a guess.

Strictly speaking, Adam/Stella could be a very interesting relationship in terms of, well, just being an interesting relationship. But it's a veeery risky storyline if they go with it. It could be really good (and blow DL out of the water in terms of how writing and acting combine to bring angst and romance to life with a dash of realism and a lot of emotional investment from the audience - or me, at least ;)), or it could crash and burn. I hate to dismiss it before we've seen anything just because previous onscreen relationships have left a lot to be desired - because this one could very well turn out to be everything we want an onscreen relationship to be - but it's so hard to give it the benefit of the doubt at this point in the game, especially after so many seasons of the way DL has gone...

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The woman Flack is kissing looks much more like Angell or an Angell look a like than Stella.

Also, I didn't get any vibes from any of the promos that looks remotely like it would be Mac and Stella getting together; but putting a shot of Adam in bed right before a shot of Stella in her underwear is extremely suggestive. Melina did say if you watch the promos it won't be hard to figure out and the shots of Stella and Adam are pretty obvious.

I don't think Melina would be overly surprised if they put Mac and Stella together at some point; but I definitely think having Stella and Adam hook up would be a huge surprise to her and qualify as being the only thing that has surprised her in six years on the show. I mean even with Adam kind of flirting with her it's still from out of left field, IMO. Stella and Mac really wouldn't be so out of left field what with the way the Greek story line ended.

Having said that, though, I'd rather she hook up with Adam than Mac. If the pairing is a total trainwreck it wouldn't screw up the whole show. Having the two leads hook up, though, is just too risky a move IMO.

4. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

from last year's mega buzz @ TVGuide:

i guess now they think there IS a romance there.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Mac/Stella would be shocking this soon. I think it would surprise her that they would do that this soon. But, I honestly doubt that is it. If the clip of Stella in bra is old, then maybe the Adam thing is thrown in there to confuse us. It's very possible that Stella could try to get close to Dunbar (go undercover so to speak- not in the way that he wouldn't know she was there, but Stella can be sneaky when she wants to be) with the intention of trying to charm info out of him to find out if he's the shooter or if he is behind it anyway... and maybe she finds out he's not behind it and she starts to kind of like him. That would be shocking being that he is her boss/best friend's enemy. :lol: That would be much better than Stella/Adam.

I'm really hoping it's Flack though. Even though I love Smack, I wouldn't want them to hook up until the final season/episode since they are the leads. :lol: But Flack/Stella makes sense if both are grieving and decide to console each other... I just hope it goes better than Danny/Rikki. :lol: Well, at least there's no third party (ala Lindsay) unless Brendan is still hanging around. :lol:

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Isn't that their MO, though? They say they don't think something will happen between two characters and then bam, they hook up soon after? Didn't something similar happen with Flack and Angell's "flirting"?

Ok. I thought I'd ask. ;)

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I just read that article you posted in the New Items forum. I'm really not into this either. As much as I love Mac and Stellas relationship I really don't see the need for another couple either.

Stella and Adam is too much like Gil and Sara from Vegas. I see more of the teacher/student thing with Adam and Stella. I don't think it would end well for either of them.

I'm truly hoping TPTB don't go down this road with their relationship. :rolleyes:

8. Cath

Cath Dead on Arrival

Ugh no to a Stella/Adam pairing if it is indeed who they are refering to. :mad: Since when has Stella ever looked at Adam in a way that wasn't platonic?!? If the writers were hell bent on pairing off Stella with someone from the cast, Mac would have made the most sense.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, it's not intentional on his part (at least not the first one), but symbolically it's interesting. It feels like a subtle acknowledgement that she's bad for him/harmful to him.

Does she really feel any guilt? I kind of chalked that up to her self-involvement. Even the way she brought it up in "Snow Day"--it was meant to make him reassure her that no, it wasn't her fault.

I'm glad I'm not alone! :D And welcome to the NY boards. :D I have to say, I don't really see it as either one using the other... just seeking comfort, or maybe (in Stella's case) becoming aware of an opportunity for something good. Let's face it--Stella's taste in men has been kind of crappy--or at least, the men that are drawn to her aren't the best (Frankie, Drew). Sometimes you have to look outside your type to really find a good match. Maybe that's what Stella is doing. And it is unexpected, which makes it kind of fun.

I know I'm in the total minority on this one, but I never, ever want to see Mac and Stella hook up. That would just be a total snoozefest.

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Possible, but I can't say I see it that way. I'm also not convinced that the clip with Stella is from S4 RND or even S2 RSRD, though I agree it does somehow seem familiar. Stella and her bras do seem to get their fair share of screentime :lol:

As for RND, I just quickclicked thru the ep, in an effort to skirt DL & Lindsay in general as much as possible, and so may have missed something, but I'm pretty sure the clip in that ep, the flashback to the view of the boy and the hole in the mortar, she was wearing a slip or the like...?

gotta agree, looked more like Angell or someone similar, than Stella. And if Flack/Stella was a possibility the boards surely woulda been lit up before now from someone with eagle eyes :lol: but who knows.

Well, erm, strictly speaking, it's vaguely fizzing my brain cells and making me wince :lol: despite my affection and confidence for and in the actors and the characters. I'm trying not to dismiss it, but nor am I gonna just count a romance between the two of them as what we're definitely gonna see.

I'd rather the show stopped having insular romantic pairings within the roster of main characters altogether.

Not Adam and potential regular Haylen, not Adam and Stella, not Stella and Mac, not Stella and Flack, not even Adam and Hawkes, except mebbe on a dvd special feature or cut scenes :lol:. I kid. But as many have said, it would be too much. Romance with a recurring, one thing, but no more of the show being swamped by more members within the team getting together. Even and especially essentially replacing one pairing, one half of whom was just killed off, with another and calling it dramatic aftermath in a coping mechanism. All the while DL continues, thanks to S5, to loom and lurk. Sick of it. I do want more for the characters to do, but I don't want the show doing a roadside test to see if it can walk the line without faltering into nite time soapdom.

I hope the show has better sense, and better ideas, better ways to try and draw us back in.

And yeah, if Adam and Stella do hook up, it would qualify as a huge surprise for most of us, six years into the show.

I'm hoping he sticks with this. I'm also holding onto his springtime snippet hinting at some decent material for Stella (by my hope & interpretation implying beyond the realm of romance), and the interview with Bill Haynes also indicating some substantial stuff upcoming for her.

I am willing good things for Stella this season. Good mainly platonic things. Even if unexpected and complicated. Unless they're with a recurring. Which Adam no longer is.

Meh. :p S6.

I give up. :lol: I don't care. I care, but I don't care. F*cksakes. Just bring it all on then. Do it.

Back to my stand-by, though the diversion's been entertaining:

We'll see.

11. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Good morning,
    Call me dumb but I don't get does that mean that Adam & Stella will be together? if yes OMG what a bummer!!! I spoiledall my good mood now, heh, I will go back working I guess *sniff* :'( :'(

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Gah, I leave for one day..:scream:

I don't think it works that way, at least without a double standard. That didn't fly for Lindsay in Season 3 (going through hell didn't make it okay for her to treat the people around her rudely), I don't see why it should fly for Danny now. I fully expect to see it, of course, because I sympathize with Danny and think it's human nature to lash out when one is vulnerable/hurt/angry, but it doesn't make it any more okay. And if Lindsay does something that constitutes as snapping-after-the-last-straw, depending on Danny's attitude, I'm going to find it hard to see her actions as indefensible, and wouldn't be surprised to see others having the same problem. I can't think that's just me being a "blind" Lindsay fan whose ignoring the responsibilities she has now. Danny has those same responsibilities and he's at least as accountable for them as she is. I'm hoping she does step up to the plate better this time, especially since there's more at stake, but I'm not going to condemn her for sticking up for herself if that's what it comes down to.

I agree. I think the "ew, squicky" factor of Adam/Stella has already been well-covered (and I agree with that too), but I'm not too worried about how the actors will make it come across. I think it could be made realistic; what actually squicks me more, though, is the..well, lack of a "happy ending" so to speak, for this relationship. I wouldn't ordinarily need a happy ending, but in this case I think one is required if it's not going to come across as Stella using Adam - and I don't think that's possible. I mean, Adam's always looked up to Stella at the very least (maybe even actively had a crush on her); I'd feel better if I didn't think he was going to be so emotionally invested, but she's his boss and his friend, and maybe his crush. Whereas Stella loves Adam, but I honestly think she'd be more invested in a relationship with either Mac or Flack rather than him; because she's closer to them on so many more levels. It might feel like she's "settling"; that's what squicks me more than anything.

Anyway. Ew, but I'll wait and see. Either way it's not going to turn me off of CSI:NY, and I doubt it'll ruin either of their characters. At the very least, it could easily boost Adam's self-esteem, and if the hookup actually helps them feel better, then I can worry about how it'll affect their overall relationship later. Though for the record, GregNickRyanFan, I'd rather see a Flack/Stella rebound hookup too :lol:

Danny never reassured her that no, it wasn't her fault. Which doesn't make sense, if that was the point of that "guilty" line being there. So I can only conclude that she actually did feel guilty.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

When they show the "Peephole" where the kid was slipping the notes threw the wall that was the visual they showed through the hole. I see you said you went back and watched it I think I might have to do the same but I have seen that before. Besides she looks like she is alone.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  14. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Oh! Yes Lori you are right. It seems like this is the scene! Although I can't confirm it now, but, it looks like it! :thumbsup:
    I still can't shake off the thoughts I have about the "Adam/Stella" issue. Is total waste of the good atmosphere they left in season 5! I really-really can't get the reasoning behind this pairing!! Also I don't think Stella would use Adam just to get over Jessica's death. I have portaited her in my mind as "mother goose" always trying to protect the others, not hurt their feelings. It's just a too selfish act and not like Stella at all... I'll keep screaming about it. Stella/Adam will be a foolish, washily relationship. Better use a new face in the show rather than an existing, which will destroy the show's image. That's my humble opinion and I will stick to it.. for now. :lol:

PS: I apologize for my previous post it makes no sence... I was in hurry and very frustrated of what I read. :alienblush: :alienblush:

15. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Ok I checked on my DVD and I can tell you that this clip is not from RND or RSRD in the first one Stella is wearing underclothes white and in RSRD she is wearing a skirt so it is probably a new clip of season 6:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.