Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well I don´t know what to think anymore and I am not sure what I would like to see happen.
    One thing is for sure. If they don´t make up now. Then when? And if Calleighcharacter is need in another storyline. They would be pretty stupid to lock her in this storyline.
    My dreamscenario: showrunners will spend one episode for some sort of reunion. And Adams last episodes will be spend on this storyline. Hopefully with a wedding in the end and babies. In my dreamscenario I WANT the whole packet. If this is his last season it would the only thing that would keep me as a regular viewer.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But keeping him on as a cameo once in a while...hmmmm.....I am not qiut pleased. If ratings go down and Calleigh is needed in another storyline they will break them up for good. But I am NOT going to stay on for that. Sorry....I wouldn´t have commited myself as a hiphugger if I was prepared to see her with someelse EVEN if that is posponed until next season. :eek:. Image them doing a Eden..-"we will just be friends".

I actually take great pride in saying -" It was "All in" for me and nothing else.

As to writers and showrunners......Theese people have all sorts of degrees. Marketing, writting and economics so what ever make them belive we would stay on after Adam leaving and them dropping the lovestoryline is far - far - far beyond me.
    As a non-proff I know that viewers are committed to characters and storylines they feel some sort of identification with.
    When we watch murder -mystery show, we need to get the feeling we know who did it and a good show will have the twist that makes us go:WOW then we will tune in next week to see if we know better.....the day when we know better every time we will turn off....I could list more reasons for watching but......
    Showrunner chose to turn focus away from the murdermystery and on this storyline. They hook viewers and created our clan. And now they plan to drop it????? Or have him come on once in a while??????
    If anyone out there can explain that for me ....please do so......Oh No.....Of course I will be pleased to just go back to murdermystery as nothing has happed....Sure because there is not a ton of thoose shows out there in the first place..MEGA:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Does anyone know which time "Bones" or " Criminal Minds" is on?;):lol:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm baaaaaack! Well in writng for that matter, i was reading from time to time. It's to know that my theory has be proven!

As I said a while back that i think they'll (TPTB) will probably bring back Eric later, after he cooled down or something. I bet you he realized that he misses her or something of the sort. OMG like 3 days left...I knew this premiere was just around the corner!

As for the little preview of Calleigh and eric first meeting, i didnt watch it, i've spoiled too much by other spoilers and by Chelsea lately, so i'm gonna wait...or try:(

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Welcome C H E A R.. See that avatar is my personel dream come true;).:)

Where did you get that picture? It is "behind the scenes of the kiss"?
    I will go with you gals on this one. Here is to hoping we get to see him pick her up after work(TO SHOWRUNNERS: that does not count as an episode in your Adamcounting) and rush to help her if something goes wrong at work. AND of cause him present at the wedding they will get invited to this year/season. After all he is the grom:thumbsup:;):)

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

As we are hitting 24 hours I guess I can post again. AND I am the only one in here:lol:.

New mission in life.....to have CHEARs avatar a reality. If I cann´t have it on TV I am going for real life. They look cute together. They both seem set on familylife and settling down. Perhaps I should start my own Em and Adamthread. :thumbsup:. I wouldn´t get full episodes of C/E action but I could get some paparazzi kissing and dinnerdates. Would work fine by me....:lol:.

Too bad they live acroos country from each other and probably have sweethearts of their own:p.

However - if you belive in that sort of stuff - I have now put the thought out there. And in chaostheory one act can have affect miles away.....

So here is to weddingpictures and babies in real life as CSI is letting me down.;).

I am even so far ahead in planning whatever CSI-showrunners decide to do......It is a win -win situation.

If writers don´t do it. I will get it in real life
    If writers do it. I will get double up:). Who could ask for anything more:thumbsup:

Ops...was I daydreaming aloud?

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Ajbuckly, you're so funny:guffaw: I guess you're not the only one who wishes that they were together, one way or the other:lol:!
    Yeah, CHEERS' avatar is simply adorable, isn't it? And I think the best part of the picture is the comfortable way they're holding hands, like it's the most natural thing... like it's something they always do. They REALLY look good together!
    Do they really live across the country from each other? I thought they both lived in California. :confused:

6. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

D&D and AJ-
    I will tell you right now that I was just out in LA and spent the day watching CSI M shoot on location..ran into Emily as she just was pulling into base camp (all the actors trailers, make-up, wardrobe etc.) we were talking and Adam came up. She said she literately had just had gotten off the phone with him and I believe her because she had her hands free headset on in the car.

Adam is now working on Ugly Betty which shoots in NYC (he is doing 5-8 episodes for them).
    So yes, they live cross country from each other but remain very close friends and speak on a regular basis.
    She has yet 2 see his new Tyler Perry movie, but assured me she was going to see it soon.
    And yes, she is cute as a button. Hope that answer's your Q's. If you want to check out my pictures over @ FB I put my info over on the Jon Togo thread.

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks for the info. I think it's so cool that you got to meet all these actors, especially Emily. And I'm really glad to hear that she's still in touch with Adam, and that they're close friends. I'm guessing he doesn't actually live in NY, and that he'll be back to the west coast once he's done shooting Ugly Betty right? He still has 7 eps. of CSIM to shoot :rolleyes: !
    I'm sure your pictures are great, but I'd only be interested in the ones with Emily anyways. Also, I only post in a few threads: this one, Emily's, Adam's sometimes, and very rarely the Spoiler thread. I don't even "visit" the other ones ( no offense). So, unless they're in the threads I just mentioned, I won't see them...

8. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

No offense taken. Adam has places in both cities and divides his time between the 2 cities. I only have 1 with Emily. before she was able to get into wardrobe. I will upload it tomorrow 4 ya.

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Just how much damage did the bullet that CSI:Miami's Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter) fired in the show's Season 7 finale do to Calleigh's relationship with lover-partner Eric Delko (Adam Rodriguez)?

See photos of the CSI:Miami cast

The good news: Delko may be aimlessly wandering the Everglades, but at least he's alive. That comes as a relief to fans who feared the worst when it was announced that Rodriguez would leave the show this season. And it's a relief to Rodriguez as well.
    "Because of how the season ended, I didn't want to leave it on that note," Rodriguez tells TVGuide.com. "I felt that would be cheating the fans. So we discussed making sure that I was participatory in Season 8 so that we could fade the character out the right way and give him a proper exit.
    "I feel like Eric Delko has gone through so many ups and downs and has had such a great journey on the show," he says. "There will be resolution with Eric and Calleigh, and it will be a nice, slow exit. I think people will be happy with the way it all ends."

Exclusive: Adam Rodriguez joins Ugly Betty

That leaves only the bad news: Calleigh will be a bit of an ice queen before coming to that resolution. "Eric and Calleigh have many, many scenes to do together, but realistically, at the moment there hasn't been any closure," Procter says. "She's definitely facing an internal struggle. I think that's going to be very difficult. She is saying publicly that she doesn't care, but she cares very much and it's very difficult. But she's also such a straight arrow, and I think she believes she was just following protocol."
    The premiere episode divides its focus on the cliff-hanger resolution and a flashback to 1997. In addition to learning just how Horatio (David Caruso) came by his iconic shades, viewers will also see how the Miami CSIs first came together. "You see everyone's enthusiasm for when they first got the job, and hopefully people will be able to notice how we've subtly changed," Procter says. "I think it's easy with a procedural to think people don't have that much arc to their character, but I'm hoping that [the audience will see] that we do."

I didn't post the whole thing because that would really piss us off.

10. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

I think i have a big surprise for all of you ..

The wait is over .. i finallly catch the preview of the season premiere on CTV ... ( i didnt know if i could put video on here so sorry if i can't ... im putting the video on spoiler tag ...)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTY7GaOBfqY

I think i'm gonna cry the whole episode ...
    ENJOY !!!!

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thank you very much. It is nice to hear actors do get along in the real world too. Wow you got be next to CSI M....wow....I hope you enjoyed your stay in LA and might go to Jonathanland to see your pictures.

He lives in NY and has a house in Puorto Rico as far as I know and she lives in Los Angles and has a boyfriend of her own....
    '
    But here is to hoping....:):):).

If we are thinking the same thing at the same time ...should that have some effect?:guffaw:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  12. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Emily said that Calleigh and Eric will have "many many scenes together" before Adam leaves the show. Well, that's always good, but if he has to leave, then the only kind of resolution with E/C that this fan will be satisfied with is a steaming hot makeup love scene(s) AND a wedding AND "future babies" talk. Is that too much to ask for? I think not :lol:!

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ops....so sorry but you should go and tjek tread about "...Rocky road"....Someone mayby or may not having a new ship underway;);).

So you and I better hurry and put up our E/A clan or we will get in trouble.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi All,
    With the premiere just hours away, I wanted to remind folks of some things...

First, remember the three line rule. We don't want people coming into the thread going OMG! and that's all. It's spammy and also against board rules.

Second, please put all discussion of current and future episodes in spoiler boxes. It's for those who have not yet seen the episode. There are some viewers who don't want to be spoiled. The boxes are for their consideration.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :D

Back to Eric and Calleigh

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Ok, so not many scenes with Eric and Calleigh, it's the ones we've already seen thanks to the previews but those are enough at least for me. The way Eric is checking Calleigh out, the way he wasted no time in asking for her phone number, I loved it! Aww, poor Calleigh showing her in present time she was crying and Alexx comforting her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.