CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I can't wait till the new season starts.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I agree with most of this to some extent (not necessarily about the nail-in-the-coffin part - for fans of the character, I think she has a long way to go before it gets to that point); yeah, I'm really hoping she'll step up to the plate better than she did in Season 4, especially since she's married to Danny now - and I'll be disappointed if she doesn't. On the other hand, it's a two-way street: Danny can't do what he did in Season 4 either. And I'm not all that comfortable with the notion of him getting a free-pass to act however he might; whereas if Lindsay doesn't put up with it, she's a horrible person. I get that he's in a wheelchair and has every reason to be beyond pissed about it, so yeah I fully expect him to be difficult. But he pushed for the marriage just as much as Lindsay agreed to it, and he's a father too, so I hope he remembers that. Lindsay's going to have to deal with the difficulties, but there's no such thing as a relationship or a fight where all the work to make things right has to be done by only one person. Naturally I can't speak for all the Lindsay-fans who defended her S4 behaviour, but my guess is that if they found her behaviour justified, it's because they noticed that "two-way" thing, too.

It's weird, this is almost the exact scenario I was picturing whenever I've wondered if we're going to see emotional!Lindsay again; I don't think it can be avoided this time, because remembering how weak her defenses tend to be when it comes to comparatively-minor crises (trial in S3, break-up in S4), I'm expecting them to shatter completely this time - so I'm really really hoping this is going to be the chance we get to see Lindsay act like an adult during a crisis for the first time, because her usual coping methods are going to be rendered pretty useless. I hope, at least...if there's any continuity in her character, then that's what I'm expecting to see. I would enjoy seeing Anna act emotionally again. For me, it'll be easier to stomach now that I can actually grasp the reason she might be breaking down.

Very, very, very much agreed. (Especially about Hawkes! I've always felt that after Danny, he's the one on the team she's closest with.) It bugs me to death how TPTB seem to think it's sacrilege if Lindsay forms a close bond with someone other than Danny on the team (every time it's almost felt like she was about to in the past, the story suddenly seems to veer sharply in a D/L direction). I think Lindsay tries way too hard to prove herself to Mac all the time to ever really be comfortable with him. I don't necessarily agree that people who are like water and oil can't ever become best-friends, but I do think there's a bit of distance between Lindsay and Stella. I think the distance is Lindsay's fault rather than Stella's though, so I'm hoping if they can ever show her getting over that, the distance could disappear.

My pet hope is that Lindsay and the new-girl start off hating each other :p Make it original, for once. I'm really hoping they don't go the route of "bestest-buds" with them two, because yeah, it makes no sense for Lindsay to suddenly start spilling to a character she doesn't know, while ignoring the ones who've been around for four/five years.

*screams* Four days! And lol, that scene explained in less than 2 minutes all the reasons why Mac needs Stella around badly :lol:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Here's a pic from HH's Twitter page of them filming in NYC today:

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks PERLNOIR! You always bring us Great stuff!! You Rock!:thumbsup:
    5,4,3,2,1....CSINY!!!

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I can't believe we're only 3 days away from the new season!

6. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

4 days for me, have to find an ep the next day, we are still on season 5 here in Sweden, the channel that airs all the CSI have a weird shedule, first they are 1/3 of the season, then they switch to CSI: Las Vegas for 1/3 of the season and they keep doing that, with Miami they switch between Criminal Minds in the same manner, I have no idea why :shifty:

7. lal

lal Pathologist

can't wait for Season 6 to start in the UK :) it looks like it going be exciting .

8. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Only a few days left:):) Whoop Whoop!!!

9. skittles

skittles Victim

YES!!!!!!!! A big WHOOP, WHOOP!!!!!!!!

10. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Victim

From an interview with Melina found here http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/59923372.html

As for the season-ending gunplay, she said, ''All the characters have to deal with that near-death experience in a different way.'' For Stella, she said: ''The way she recovers is kind of shocking. She forms a relationship with someone unexpected and complicated. It's a big surprise. Before I saw the script, I thought, it's been six years. What could they do that would surprise me? This did.''
    She stopped short of saying with whom Stella will be linked, but did hint that ''if you watch the teaser that's on the air, you'll probably figure it out.''
    source:Ohio.com

Sooooo.....an elaborate ruse to stimulate the Adam/Stella buzz? I hope so, cuz to me that is just ewwwwww:wtf:

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I was wondering why they had Adam in bed and Stella in her bra in the teaser... I honestly did not think they were going to get them together.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I just read that and was coming here to say 'Ugh, did they actually go there?' :wtf: I love both characters, but this just does not feel well-thought-out. If that is, in fact, what happens of course - but really, I don't know what else she could be hinting at.

*shakes head* I know it's ~drama~, but...I don't even know.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, I know that Adam seemed to like Stella at some point last season, but I just don't see how it would work? He was so awkward around her, and it was just weird! :lol: I'll be interested to see if they have any chemistry on screen, but to be honest I'm just hoping that it won't actually happen.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I really hope it's not Adam/Stella. The thought of them together is kinda icky to me. The way they've played their relationship up until now it reminds me of a Lifetime movie where a mom ends up banging her son's BFF. Their dynamic is just off for a romantic/sexual relationship.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, for starters I doubt he physically can do what he did in season four--he's probably not going to shut her out and sleep with another woman while in a wheelchair and feeling vulnerable physically. I doubt he can even really pull away since he's going to be dependent on her physically to some degree. That, and they live together, too. But in this situation, I think he's entitled to a little more leeway because let's face it, he's the one in the chair. As hard as it's going to be for her--and I'm not denying that it will be--he's the one who was physically wounded and who has to work to recover. He simply deserves a little more slack.

ETA: I really don't see him cheating on her, either, even if he could physically. I think he'll be angry and probably shut down--and she's going to have to step up to the plate and deal with that. She's going to have to do the reaching out and the pushing and try to get him emotionally. Because he's going to be something of a wreck, and I think that's understandable.

Does anyone else find it interesting that both times Danny has been hurt physically ("Snow Day" and "Epilogue"), he was covering for/protecting Lindsay?

It sounds like they are going for Adam/Stella. Interesting. Am I the only one who doesn't hate this idea? :lol: The guy has been crushing on her for years now. It's definitely not a stereotypical relationship (a la Danny/Lindsay). I'm intrigued.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.