Flack/Angell #2 - We Got Game.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Stepherweps, Apr 7, 2009.

1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Exactly 'cause Jess is not a throw away character... she deserves at least a couple of flash backs. I personally would like to hear about memories of her from Don, especially something we've never seen before.

2. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I'd love to see that too, but for some reason, I doubt the TPTB will give us much F/A goodness next season. But if they did, I'd be a happy girl. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be watching next season after the premier. EV was what got me to tune in in the first place!

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Unfortunately for us, that might happen... apparently TPTB are bringing in a new character next season. *does double take* Wait a minute, you just got rid of Jess 'cause of budget cuts. How are you able to bring in a new character? I don't like the sound of it... it's like they're replacing Jess before the team can get a chance to mourn for her. If she ends up being a love interest for Don, I will be seriously pissed.

4. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

awh i'm so cross with TPTB. Why Angell?? and poor Flack! He was so happy and they have to tear that away from him?? Why does he always have to be the single detective??? grr!!!! poor baby!!! :lol:
    But I really hope they remember her throughout next season, cause we know what they're like with continuity, i.e Louie etc etc but she deserves to be mentioned, and I hope we get some flashback scenes of her with Flack that we haven't seen before.
    I could rant all night, but I'll spare you it. lol!
    grrr.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

If they give us anything next season I'd like to be told how much the team knew about Flack and Angell. Because Grounds for Deception hinted that maybe Stella knew something, but that could have just been something she figured from working with Angell on the Diakos thing. In Pay Up there were very few hints that anyone on the team really knew that Flack and Angell were together. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I don't remember any. I'm the type of person that likes things resolved. Maybe I'm watching the wrong show then, but hopefully since the premiere will have to be some kind of same-day thing, we'll kind a bit more closure on their relationship.

Yeah, if they're bringing in a new character they sure as hell had better get rid of someone. Even if they have to demote Anna to a recurring and have Lindsey become a stay-at-home mom. If they kill Angell for money reasons and then bring in a brand new character without losing anyone else, I will stop being devoted to this show. They will lose all respect from me. I'll probably still watch it, but it will no longer be a priority. I'm going into my senior year of high school. I'm not putting up with that kind of crap this year.

It's not that I want anyone else to die, but I just will not be able to accept a new character. Unless it's, like, some actress I really really really really like... actually, really the only way they'd get me to watch it was if they had Taylor Swift play the new character, with the great job she did on CSI. Since that's not going to happen...

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

As much as I would love it, and not to burst your bubble guys, but if they kill her character off because of financial reasons.. Why would they bring her back for a small cameo in flashbacks?.. :s

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Shush, Kit4na. We can pretend to actually believe it, can't we? :lol:

I actually have zero belief that there would be flashbacks. I don't really want any, either. I just want some sort of storyline closure. Flashbacks would kind of be pointless... I mean, obviously there could be a "last season on CSI:NY" thing, but flashbacks? Nah.

8. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I'm super pissed that they're bringing in a new character after the killed off Jess for budget reasons. Why get rid of one of the better characters in the show. Was it because she had so much chemistry with Don and the show feels they can only have one cannon couple in the show. Man if the pair the newbie up with Don, I'm gonna be even more pissed. As it is right now, I don't know if I'll watch beyond the season premier and that I'm tuning to see how Don is coping.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My theory on the money thing is that they needed the money to hire a new character (whether they just wanted a new CSI, if they decide to kill a regular off, or if they decide to make Lindsey or Danny a stay-at-home parent) so they killed off a recurring character to make room in the budget. Jess was the only really recurring character, so I suppose in some way it does kind of make sense. You have permission to throw things at me. :lol:

10. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I honestly don't know if I'm gonna watch season 6. Why kill Angell? She made the show better! If I decided Lindsay would be the one to go. (Sorry, but that's my opinion :/ )

I'd LOOOVE some F/A flashbacks! But that's mainly because I'm a big (BIIIIIIIIIIG! ) F/A shipper and a vidder.

I'm seriously gonna stop watching CSI: NY if there's no mention of Angell in season 6, and they are gonna make Don NOT grieving. Grrr... :shifty:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*revives thread* Yeah, our ship is dead, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about related subjects.

Angell's dad is in the cast list. So I wonder if he maybe confronts Flack about him being different ever since Angell died?

12. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

This thread does need some revival.
    Oooh. I really hope Angells dad comes back to talk to Flack. That'd definitely be an emotional scene.

Anyway... I just watched Pay Up again. I didn't cry this time, but I definitely teared up at the part with Flack and her dad at the funeral. That's always sad.

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Jess' dad is making an appearance? I'm taking that as good news 'cause it means that TPTB aren't ignoring what she and Don had. Still, it just makes her death so final and there's no doubt it's gonna be tough on him.

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, it's obviously weighing on him. Poor Flack.

I'm curious about this appearance, though. It's nice to know that we aren't forgotten, but I can't really figure out what purpose Jess's dad would have at this point...

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

It was heartbreaking that Don didn't even go in the house to join the Angells... the fact that it was Jess' birthday makes it sadder still. He's still hurting over her death and I'm resisting the urge not to poke TPTB. You didn't have to kill Jess off... you could have just mentioned her in episodes and bring her own when you could. *sighs* At least we know she's not forgotten.