Rectification - CSI LV fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIL3Willows, Jul 4, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was beautiful. :)

2. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Thanks! I was really worried that everyone would've gotten fed up with the lack of postage!
    I wrote it last night listening to some really depressing music for inspiration!
    Glad you liked it. I'll get onto CathWillows10 for the next update!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

3. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

i loved it :) i cant wait to see what happens when she ses him!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

glad to see another update :)

5. CSIL3Willows

Hey guys, Shameless self plug here lol!
    Just started a new fic, 'Sober' Was a bit wary about actually posting it on here, given it's my first foray into more... adult themes lol.

It's Grillows (obv)
    If you wanna read it, here's the link

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5393469/1/Sober

Let me know what you think!

6. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Hey guys! So sorry about the delay...I have been sooo busy and BLOCKED lately! it has been tough writing this i have to admit. but here it is! enjoy!

Catherine’s eyes met Gil’s and he smiled at her “Hey there”

She furrowed her brow in confusion “Gil?”

He nodded

“What are you doing here?” she asked in a raspy voice.

Gil picked up a cup of water that was next to her bed and gently slipped his hand behind her head “I heard you needed me so I came flying back” He smiled “I couldn’t let my best friend get kidnapped and not be here to try and find her”

She took a drink and laid her head back, closing her eyes and trying to will the dizziness that was swimming in her brain to go away. “Best friend? I find that hard to believe.” She said coldly, and she didn’t care. He left her and she missed him every day since. She hated him; she hated him for loving Sara and not her.

He sighed “I deserve that”

She opened her eyes against her body’s wishes. “Damn right you deserved it! You left me and if you expect everything to be like it use to you have another thing coming.” She said before her body began to spasm with coughs. Gil frowned and tried to help her sit up but she forced him away. “Don’t touch me!”

Gil backed away, startled “Cath?”

Dr. Baker entered and helped her calm down before beginning to examine her. Gil stayed in a corner like a wounded puppy until Catherine spoke to him. “Gil?”

He looked at her “Yes Catherine?”

She bit her lip before she spoke. “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have jumped on you like that…”

Gil looked at her curiously. He was about to say something when Dr. Baker spoke. “Everything looks good Catherine. Mr. Grissom, can I speak to you out in the hall?”

Gil nodded and followed her out. She turned to him “Mr. Grissom, Catherine is going to have severe mood swings as she detoxes…for the time being I wouldn’t take anything she says to you seriously. She is going to be the hardest on you.”

Gil raised his eyebrow “Why me?”

Dr. Baker smiled softly at him “Judging by what just happened, she cares for you very much. Dare I say she loves you? Patients like this are always hardest on the one person that they are in love with.”

Gil’s heart was confused on being overjoyed or crushed. He had always wanted to hear Catherine herself tell him that, not a doctor in a hospital explaining why the love of his life was lashing out at him.

Gil sighed “what can I do?”

Dr. Baker looked at him curiously “Do you love her?”

Gil bit his lip, nodding “She is…she holds my heart in her hands…I love her more than anything”

Dr. Baker smiled and reached out, touching his arm gently. “Then keep loving her, she needs you, no matter what she says, throws at you or how many times she tells you she hates you just know that the woman you love is in there, and she loves you back.”

Gil smiled at her softly “Thank you”

When Nick got the call Catherine was awake he was asleep, holding on to Sarah like she was a life line. The past few days they had become inseparable, Sarah went everywhere with Nick because he was afraid that Natalie would come and take her away from him, just like she tried to take Catherine from Griss. They still hadn’t found her even though they had every airport in California on surveillance for her as well as border checks and CHP on the lookout. It was as if she disappeared off the face of the earth, and that didn’t sit right with Nick.

He kissed Sarah softly, waking her from her soft sleep. “Hey babe, guess what?”

“Mmmm, what?” Sarah asked with a yawn

“Catherine woke up” he grinned

Sarah looked at him with wide eyes “That’s incredible! I’m so happy! Come on, let’s go see her!” she said getting out of bed.

Nick chuckled and followed her out of bed pulling on his clothes.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Oh man... I totally thought Cath was really pissed at him for a minute there. :lol: I'm glad the Doc told Grissom it was just mood swings. Poor Gil.

I loved Sarah jumping up and going "lets go see her" when Nick told her Cath was awake. :lol: That was cute. :)

8. MacsGirlMel

nice work :)

9. CSIL3Willows

Hey guys! Here's the next part from me!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once Gil had hung up with Nick he called Greg. The younger man’s excitement was palpable over the line; he’d obviously been extremely concerned about Catherine. He’d disconnected quickly, a hurried promise to inform Lindsey, Lily and the rest of the team the last thing Gil had heard.

He slipped his cell phone back into his pocket and approached Catherine’s room, pausing at the door. Closing his eyes, he sighed, searching for the strength he was going to need to help her through this, at the same time steeling himself for another onslaught of her wrath. Turning the handle, he pushed the door open and stepped inside, letting it shut softly behind him. Her head turned at his entrance, her gaze locking with his.

“Cath… could we have a truce?” She stared at him for a moment and Gil tensed almost imperceptively. Catherine closed her eyes briefly, a ghost of a smile playing at her lips.
    “I would love to,” she replied, gesturing to the chair beside her bed. He returned her smile and settled himself into the chair. He instinctively reached for her hand but stopped himself before he could touch her, instead letting his hand rest on the edge of the bed.

“How are you feeling?”
    She raised her eyebrow. “I’ve been kidnapped by a psycho who pumped me full of cocaine and left me to die in a dirty house. I‘m one more V Fib away from breaking into a rousing rendition of ‘Oh What a Beautiful Morning‘. How the fuck do you think I‘m feeling?!” Gil was shocked by the venom in her voice but tried not to let it affect him, remembering the doctor’s words.

“I’m sorry.” She bit her lip, dropping her gaze to her lap. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”
    “It’s ok sweetheart,” he replied, gently grasping her hand between both of his own. “It’s just the drugs. Dr Baker said your moods could be a bit off.”

“Yeah well it sucks,” she pouted and Gil couldn’t help but smile at how much she sounded like Lindsey. Catherine narrowed her eyes, glaring at him. “Any particular reason why you find my hospital stay so amusing?”

“I’m not laughing at you. I’m very happy to be sat here talking to you.” He paused, his voice dipping. “There were a few moments after you were brought in that I didn’t think… we all thought we were going to lose you…”
    Her gaze softened and she squeezed his hand.

“You know Gil, despite what I may say, I … I’m really glad you’re here.”
    “I wouldn’t be anywhere else Cath.” He held her gaze for a long moment, trying to properly convey the meaning behind his words. “Besides,” he continued after a couple of minutes. “You really sounded like Lindsey when you said that.” Catherine laughed at this, and Gil felt his heart soar.

“Does she know what’s happened?”
    Gil nodded. “Jim sent Vega to your house when they found out you were missing. Said she threatened to hitch to the airport. Like mother like daughter.” She rolled her eyes. “She flew out with your mom just after we found you. I called Greg, he said he was going to tell her so she should be here soon…”

Gil was barely able to finish his sentence when the door flew open and Lindsey came running in.
    “Mom!” Catherine just had time to released Gil’s hand before her daughter wrapped her arms tightly around her, burying her face in her chest. “I was so worried!”

“It’s ok sweetheart,” Catherine soothed, smoothing Lindsey’s hair back before pressing a gentle kiss to her head. “I’m ok. The doctor says I should be just fine.”
    Gil turned and saw Lily hovering in the doorway. Standing, he offered her his seat beside Catherine’s bed, which she gladly sank into. As he reached the door Catherine looked up.
    “You’re not going to stay?”

“I’ll be back soon. I’m going to get some coffee and check in with Greg. You spend some time with Lindsey.” He smiled, then slipped from the room, pulling the door shut.

When Nick and Sarah arrived they found Greg and Gil sat outside Catherine’s room, talking and drinking coffee. Nick was immediately concerned.
    “Griss? Is everything ok?” Sarah squeezed his hand gently.

“Everything’s fine Nicky. I left her talking to Lindsey and her mom. I figured they’d need some time alone after all that’s happened.” At his words, Nick relaxed visibly before his attention was drawn to Greg, who coughed loudly and motioned towards Sarah. Nick smiled.

“Sarah, this is Greg Sanders, CSI Level 3 and one of my best friends. Greggo, this is Sarah Kellogg.” The pair shook hands, and Greg shot Nick a knowing look at the mention of Sarah’s name.
    “Oh… So this is the profiler extraordinaire that’s finally managed to pin down our cowboy? Nice to put a face to the name Sair.” Nick blushed slightly, Gil rolled his eyes and Sarah just laughed.

“It’s nice to meet you too Greg. Nick’s told me a lot…”
    “It’s all lies!!!” Greg interrupted, causing the other three to laugh. “You’re British? That’s hot!” He raised his eyebrows suggestively. Nick’s jaw clenched a little while Sarah rolled her eyes.

“Down boy. I’m taken.” Greg pouted and slumped back down into his seat, muttering something about ‘the other guys on the team always getting the best women’. She chuckled before turning back to Nick. “Hun? While Catherine’s with her mum and daughter, could we pop by and see Ems? We can let her know Catherine’s awake.”
    Nick nodded. “That sounds like a plan. We’ll be back soon. Hey Griss? You think Cath would mind if we paid her a visit?”

Gil smiled. “I’m sure she’d love that. Plus I’m sure she’d like to thank Sarah herself for all her help.” Sarah lowered her head and smiled wryly while Nick wrapped his arm around her shoulders and led her down the corridor.

“I like her,” Greg piped up after they’d walked away.
    “Me too Greg. I think she’s going to be good for Nick,” Gil replied. Greg was silent for a moment.
    “It’s not fair! Everyone’s getting paired up except me!! What’s wrong with me?”
    “Where do I start?” Gil muttered.

Once they were out of earshot Sarah leaned into Nick.
    “Hey Nicky? Do you know if Greg has a girlfriend?”
    Nick glanced at her. “Why? You thinking of trading me in already?”
    She rolled her eyes and nudged him with her elbow. “No… But I do have an idea…”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope you like!!!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

10. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: Greg cracked me up. Loved him referring to Nicky as "our cowboy". :lol: And Nicky blushing. Heehee.

Loved his pouting about not having a girlfriend. Awww! Come over here, Greg. I can be your girlfriend. :D

Loved the line where Greg asks whats wrong with him and Gil said "where do I start?" :lol:

Sarah's got an idea... hmm... wonder what that is? ;)

11. MacsGirlMel

glad to see more :)

12. CathWillows10

CathWillows10 Victim

Ok guys, sorry it took so long, Ive been super busy...no excuse I know...ENJOY!

Sarah knocked softly on Emma’s door before opening it. “Hey Tink? You decent?”

Emma chuckled “Yea, come on in”

Sarah opened the door and gasped in surprise. Emma was standing up, dressed, packing what little she had in the hospital room into a bag.

“Your being released?” Sarah asked with a smile

Emma grinned and come over, pulling her into a hug “Yeah! Didn’t they call you?”

Sarah hugged her “twin” tightly “No they didn’t…well they might have…We got a call that Catherine was awake and decided to come down. I wanted to see you before we saw her though”

“Oh that’s wonderful!” Emma said releasing Sarah “I can’t wait to see her!”

“We’re gonna go see her in a few, but right now I wanna talk to you” Sarah said

“Ok” Emma said cautiously

“You need a boyfriend” Sarah said bluntly

Emma rolled her eyes “Sarah!” she whined

“No listen, I have the perfect guy for you” she smiled

Back out in the hall Greg and Gil sat side by side in silence.

“You think you and Cath will get married?” Greg asked out of the blue.

Gil looked at him “I hope so” he smiled

Nick walked over to them and sat down next to Greg

“So Grego…how would you like to go on a double date with me and Sarah?”

Greg looked at him “Depends, who would I be dating?”

Nick grinned like the Cheshire Cat and looked down the hall. Greg followed his gaze to a Emma, who was standing there in a short skirt, high heels and a tank top. She looked like a young rock star, a Gwen Stefani almost except without the platinum blonde hair.

Greg’s jaw dropped “Woah”

Nick smiled and gave a thumbs up to Sarah who smiled and looked Emma. Emma smiled at Greg. “Is that him?”

Sarah grinned “yup”

Emma bit her lip “He’s cute” she said beginning to walk over to him. She stopped a few feet in front of him and smiled “Hi there”

Greg gave her his best goofy grin “Hi cutie”

Emma giggled and Gil rolled his eyes before standing up and going back into Catherine’s room

Back to my Twin now!

xo

Leah

13. GregNickRyanFan

"Hi cutie" :lol: cue Gil rolling his eyes. :guffaw:

Great chapter. :)

14. MacsGirlMel

nice work :)

15. CSIL3Willows

Hey guys. I'm really sorry it's taken me so long. Things have been nuts and crazy and stupid and horrible... Anyway, here's the next part from me!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Gil entered the room all three heads turned, smiling a greeting which he returned.
    “I would’ve been back sooner but Nick and Sarah arrived and wanted to know how you were doing.” Seeing Catherine’s eyebrow raise he pre-empted her question. “Sarah Kellogg.”

“Emma’s friend? The British barista?”
    Gil grinned. “Yep.”
    “I knew it!” Catherine smiled triumphantly. “About time that boy started listening to me.”

“Greg’s been introduced to Emma. He’s smitten already.”
    “Is she ok?”
    “She’s going to be fine. She’s being released today.”

“That’s good,” she smiled, leaning back against the pillows and closing her eyes. The moment’s silence that followed was broken by a loud growling noise. Catherine’s eyes shot open and she, Gil and Lily turned to look at Lindsey, who was smiling sheepishly.

“I may have forgotten to eat breakfast.”
    Gil chuckled, Catherine rolled her eyes and Lily stood from her chair.
    “Why don’t we get you fed. I could use some coffee.” They said their goodbyes and exited the room, leaving Catherine and Gil alone.

A few minutes later Catherine broke the vaguely uncomfortable silence that had engulfed them.
    “How was Costa Rica?”
    “Interesting, peaceful. I saw species of insect I’d only ever seen before in books!” Catherine couldn’t help but smile at his enthusiasm.
    There was a brief pause, before Catherine spoke again.

“I’m sorry about before.”
    Gil looked at her and smiled softly, taking her hand in his and giving it a gentle squeeze.
    “It’s ok Cath. Like the doctor said, it’s just the drugs and withdrawal affecting your mood. It won’t last.”

“I hope it ends soon,” she replied quietly, lowering her chin to her chest in an attempt to avoid his eyes. “I don’t like hurting the people I care about.” Releasing her hand, he moved from his chair to perch next to her on the bed, wrapping his arms around her small frame and pulling her head to rest against him, stroking her hair tenderly to sooth her frazzled nerves.

After a moment, Catherine pulled back from his embrace slightly so she could look at him, his arms remaining lightly round her waist.
    “Thank you, for coming… For being here with me…”
    He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, smiling as he pulled back.
    “I wouldn’t be anywhere else.”
    She smiled at him for a moment, before a thought struck her.

“How’s Sara?”
    “Fine. She’s still in Costa Rica.” Catherine tensed, a frown covering her features as she pulled from his embrace.
    “Well, I guess you’ll be wanting to get back to her. Don’t let me take up anymore of your time.”
    Gil sighed inwardly.
    “Cath…” he began, reaching out to touch her arm. She jerked roughly away from his hand.

“Stop. You’re obviously dying to get back to playing Tarzan in the jungle with her. I won’t keep you. I’m fine. Thank you so much for rescuing me.” Sarcasm dripped from her words.
    “Stop! Sara meant nothing to me, it was just…”
    “Don’t you *dare* lie to me Gil Grissom!” She glared angrily at him, the volume of her voice raising slightly. “I saw how you reacted when Natalie took her! So don’t you dare think about telling me she means nothing to you!”

“Enough Catherine!” His sudden outburst shocked her into silence. “Stop trying to pick fights with me. It’s not going to work. I don’t care what you do, what you say or how many times you tell me you hate my guts and wish I was dead! You’re not going to push me away dammit! I love you too much to let you do that!”

Her mouth fell open, completely stunned by his words. It took her a few moments, but she finally regained her voice.
    “What do you mean you lo…” Before she could complete the sentence however, the door swung open and Greg, Sarah, Nick and Emma entered the room, smiling brightly. Their smiles faltered a little as they sensed the tension between the two.

“Is this a bad time?” Greg asked.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to my Twin!!!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-