CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

Thank you so much for the link, but am i crazy or did i not see any flack???

2. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

thanks for the promo....

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It looks like Danny is really gonna go down the tubes for a bit. He looked like hell in that promo. It should be really interesting to see Carmine portray being injured and paralyzed regardless of how good the writing ends up being. (And I'm not holding my breath for it to be written as anything other than a big cliche. That way I can be pleasantly surprised if it's better than what I assume it will be instead of disappointed if I expect too much from the get go.)

4. fiesta_lover

fiesta_lover Civilian

The first time I saw that promo I nearly fell out of my chair. But I doubt they'd put adam and stella together.

Personally I hope stella's getting dressed after a night with flack.
    It's just an idea but I think its a strong possibility.

5. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

6. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Ohhh man, Carmine in that promo is just delectable. :devil: The facial hair, and the angry-ness, and the...EVERYTHING..

From what I've read of interviews on TalkCSI and the like, Carmine liked the idea of Danny going a bit loco, so I'm crossing my fingers for some great acting from.
    Like some of my buds here have said, and I agreed with them, it would suck if TPTB chose a cliche'd "spiraling" (ie. the painkillers addiction, etc.), but honestly whatever route they choose, Carmine will take it and run with it and really put Danny through the mill.

Because we all know how much we love to see Danny drama. ;)

7. v*a*l*y

v*a*l*y Victim

finally!!! thank you very much LpoHeartsNick!!
    this promo is great :eek:

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

he did! i'm sure it'll be really good!

mac, on the other hand, looked *great* :)

i like that that promo gives a few more/other details than the last one - i can't wait :D

9. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

10. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I'm also a little bit wary about this storyline and I'm prepared for the worst --it could easily lead to many "poor Lindsay, she's too good for this, Danny is pushing her away again" scenarios-- but I know that Carmine will do his usual magic and I have a lot of faith in him so whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love it.

And I also have the tiniest hope that Lindsay will improve this season. As much as I dislike the character, I'll be more than happy to see her change and find her voice. I don't like the actress but I'm ready to accept her again if the writers take some risks with Lindsay. I really hope they do. If they don't, they will miss their golden opportunity.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  11. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Thank you so much, guys, for the CTV promo. I am completely excited now about next week's premiere! This clip shows us more than any of the US ones have (which frustrates me, grrr!)

In this one Danny does say "I can't feel my legs. My legs won't move"...which is different than what we have seen before. I love the anger I see in him when he says "look at me..." Carmine is going to be great portraying Danny's new developments. I can't wait to see how he works through this because for once it isn't something he did to himself. When Danny gets himself into trouble he usually comes across as a bit whiney and self-indulgent, always looking for a way to justify what he did. But this will be different and I am very excited to see new developments with his emotional side. This just may be the best thing that could happen to him to allow the character to grow.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

ETA: I'm not sure what I want to see of Lindsay's side of all this but I think I would like to see a scene where she really comes apart at the seams. I would love to see her emotions get the best of her, whether it would be her pitching a real fit and throwing things or maybe holding herself together until she is alone and then letting us see how devestated she is about Danny's condition. I would really love to see her pain as well.

12. PerfectAnomaly

Lindsay as a character has a great opportunity to gain some sympathy/empathy from people who so far haven't felt that for her. In this scenario she has every right to fall apart, she has every right to be angry, she basically has every right to feel any emotion someone can think of. I think it'll all hinge on Anna's portrayal. She has the opportunity to maybe change some minds about her or at least the opportunity for people who don't normally like her to give her some props for her performance in this story line. That being said, the promo with her mouth gaping open and her examining the blood on Danny's hands like it's evidence doesn't give me hope, but it's a multi episode arc so anything can happen in the over all scheme of things.

I guess I lied. It depends on the writing too. If the writers ignore Lindsay during this story line then Anna won't get the opportunity to do anything and the character won't get any sympathy/empathy.

I actually hope the reason we haven't seen any spoilers relating to Lindsay except for the one where Hawkes says she "needs a break" isn't because she'll be ignored. As much as I don't like Lindsay and don't like Anna's acting I really want to see what happens with both in this story line.

13. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

My opinion on Lindsay needed a break during Danny therapy could have to do with her just having a baby, working full time and taking care of her injured husband. I'm sorry but whatever has been said about Lindsay in the past, all those things adding onto a person can cause some SERIOUS depression and stress. I wouldnt be surprised if she was suffering from some post-pardum depression.

I think Anna and Carmine will do amazingly this season with what they have to work with. There will be a lot of drama but if they just played it off as if everything was fine and dandy I would be more upset by that.
    We watch a crime-DRAMA for a reason, so I say bring on the vulnerablity.

14. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

I agree with you. Although I am not great fun of Lindsay I could say that I am neutral towards this character, anyway, I think that Anna will show all the right emotions with the intensity that such major incident creates in Lindsay. I am sure that all we will be moved watching her being emotional/sad/angry over Danny's injury. I am really curious though how she will support the following episodes. I mean the aftermath of Danny's injury. I dissagree with all that are finding Lindsay cold or whatever, I think that this is how Lindsay is, over-analytical and stoic. Of course she will be a wreck now, on verge of break down but I don't think the writers will make Lindsay act too much out of her normal self. Think of her pregnancy she hid it for how long? 3 months??? in this time she was all business as usual.
    I do hope though that we will see some powerfull episodes that will make all us, funs, very satisfied.

15. PerfectAnomaly

I agree. Someone who didn't just have a baby and didn't work full time would be under a huge amount of stress caring for a spouse who is injured. It's how and if they show this that will determine if people who don't normally like Lindsay will be able to feel sympathy/empathy for her, though.

I know Carmine will do amazing with this story. And, like I said, Anna has a golden opportunity to impress people who don't normally like her. The writers have never been good at showing the audience what is going on with Lindsay and between Lindsay and Danny; instead opting to tell the audience without any evidence. This will also be a golden opportunity for them to change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.