HORATIO SOUNDS DIFFERENT

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by whence, Sep 14, 2009.

1. whence

whence Victim

Is it just me or is Horatio Caine losing his voice or something. in the later episodes of 2008 onwards he seems to be talking much quieter and not as much???????????????????????

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I don't have the DVDs (don't hit me for that) but I think he had a slight cold for a couple of episodes, if I recall correctly.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think you are right Dynamo.If I remember correctly,several of them had colds including Emily,Jonathan as well as David.This was stated in an interview Emily did.

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Well, when a boy matures into a man, certain things begin to change in a process we know as puberty...

:p I'm just kidding, haha. I hadn't noticed, to be honest. Maybe they turned the volume down so that commercial breaks are twice as loud and obnoxious. :rolleyes:

5. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Actually it's was around the time of "you may now kill the bride" epi that they had all come down with a flu.

6. whence

whence Victim

but it wasnt only just a few episodes, his voice has been like this for about a year??????????????????????

7. Harro_sparrow

Harro_sparrow Civilian

it could also be around the time where marosel died...
    horatio went really quiet around then.

8. whence

whence Victim

no way. his voice has definatley changed. his tonality sounds way less intimidating and his voice sounds really quiet and raspy. and also his one liners are way shorter , even as short as 2 or three words like "mission accomplished" or "I hope not frank". don't get me wrong they r still awsome how he places them with perfect timing and does the awesome glasses thing. but it just seems like he is out of breathe all the time or just has a permanent cold he is trying to cover.............. or throat cancer, God forbid.

9. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i have noticed that his voice has changed a lot over the seasons too. but i still think the voice is one of the sexiest voices out there. i am thinking that his voice has changed so much do to him smoking cigars a lot.

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I'm wondering why this is a separate thread and not part of the Horatio thread. Did I miss something of importance here?

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Members are free to create threads about anything pertaining to the show; it doesn't necessarily have to go into the character threads (unless it's clear multiple discussions on the same topic are going on). :)

As for Horatio sounding different -- I noticed it too quite a few times during season 6. I heard about everyone getting the flu, like Roscoe mentioned. I'm not sure if I believe it's specific to Horatio's character as it stands (that's mostly because I don't think the writers are that subtle :lol: ) but it's interesting.

12. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Maybe he just got tired of growling all the time. *shrugs*

13. whence

whence Victim

maybe it is coz he smokes???

14. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

don't shoot me either-but he started the show when he was mid-40's and now into 50's I think men's voices change then-could be something like the skin around his throat loosens up/loss of some muscle tone as we all age??? I mean he ain't an old guy but little parts of everyone starts to lose strength so maybe his throat/neck?

15. whence

whence Victim

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

i think you may be right

I DNT WANT HIM TO DIE!

i think hes like 53 - 54

and his character is based on the same age he is.