CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Okay a little off topic what we're discussing, but I'm watching my season 5 boxset and being a complete geeky and predicting what shots TPTB are going to use in a refreshed credits (hopefully) sequence for season 6.

So far after a re-watch of 'Pay Up' ive decded the shot where Lindsay works out the trajectory for a bullet in the diner seems very 'starring Anna Belknap' with her looking just beyond the camera.

Anybody else seen/remember any shots that seem credits worthy? Or is this just me taking my fanboy-ness a step too far haha!

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

:lol: at that last sentence or two! i totally agree though :)

3. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

thanks for the scan....

How many more days do we have to wait???!!!

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

5. lal

lal Pathologist

i have just watch promo of the new season , and it looks very good , can't wait until the new season starts :)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed, completely. I want to see a reaction, but turning into a man-ho just isn't Flack's style. Like you said, it's Delko's. Danny's even got his own unique spin on it by thinking sleeping with someone makes things better. But yeah, there is something old-fashioned about Flack that doesn't scream, "Sleeping with random women is clearly the answer here."

I'm still hopeful that something more along the lines of the former is what's planned. In a short space of time, he's seen two people he cares about--arguably the most important people in his life outside his family--get shot. One's dead, the other's in a wheelchair. I expect angry, really angry. It also seems like it's going to have an impact on how effective he is in a shootout, which, while it seems a little OOC, again... with two people in his life recently getting shot, it's understandable that shootouts might freak him out a bit. We'll see how that plays out, I guess.

7. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, thanks for the snippet. I was always saying this should be a Flack-season, and it looks like at least partly it will be. I don´t think he will fall for the drink like Sam, but he will let out his mourn, frustration and anger on everybody, including the team and there, I assume, especially on Mac if both their frustrations on not having caught Angell´s murderer yet will collide. Stella will probably act as a mediator between the two. And D/L? They´ll probably fight all through the season and either make up or divorce at the end :rolleyes: :D.

8. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I agree with both of you on this, but I'm leery about TPTB handling this story line given their lack of continuity with Flack following the explosion in the S2 finale. One would think that surviving an explosion would leave one a little skittish whenever hearing loud noises, but in the S3 finale when the lab was blown up, Flack was outside and never even flinched!

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ maybe but it was quite a long time after - i might be misremembering but didn't they mention in people with money that it'd been about 3 months since flack was in the bomb? given that each season usually seems to take place over a good few months (after all lindsay had an entire pregnancy in s5!) maybe he'd gotten to grips with it by then? i don't know how plausible that is because soldiers sometimes get skittishness for years after being at war (not mac tho, he's supermac!) but at least in a job like flack's you'd think they would be trained to deal with these things. i dunno, i do think it was probably another continuity blip but unlike the magic disappearances of sam and louie, it seems at least a little plausible!

oh yes, that would be good i think, mac and flack having "issues" again - like when mac arrested dean truby and flack was really pissy for a while, it would be good to have that kind of strain between them again.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I'm probably wrong about this, but I think one doesn't easily get over surviving near death in an explosion--at the time I had hoped we'd get a little Flack suffering Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in S3 but we didn't. And that's why I'm sitting on the fence about the followup Flack story line for the new season. I hope I'm wrong and there'll be some great stuff ahead for Flack (as well as the goodies we've heard about for the other characters).

I do hope there'll be lots of Mac-Flack issues--GS and EC are really great together in any scenes they share.

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ oh yeah, i agree, i think PTSD was very neatly overlooked and more should've been made of the emotional fallout of being in that building (after all it sort of was with mac!) - all i meant was that not everyone who has a trauma suffers PTSD and i would imagine in a job like the police, there is the best possible kind of training/counselling out of it so it is just about plausible that he was ok after it, which to me was a smaller continuity blip than sam or louie just vanishing off the face of the earth!

me too - they're always good together and a bit of tension between them would be interesting.

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I agree that it was strange how Flack seemed to be his old self in S3 as if nothing had ever happened. But this time TPTB would stand there as complete fools if they´d let Flack go on with his life without ever showing the impact that these events had on him. Not only does he have to cope with Jessica´s death, but the shooting and the bad injury of his friend Danny must freak him out, it´s like a nightmare that never ends. So I´m hopeful that Mrs. Veasey means what she says and we will have in-depths stories with Flack.

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Flack did shoot the guy who killed Angel...I'm just wondering if we are going to see "justified killing" become easier and easier for Flack to justify and carry out. I got the feeling from the promo that the two will be unrelated because in the promo Mac tells Stella "It has happened again" which makes me wonder if the two shotings are related and by the same people.

14. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

If I remember well what I read the two shoting (I mean the first in the bar and the second one in the street I think in front of a theather) are related some guys decide to blackmail new york on the picture we can see "pay us and we will stop" .

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

6.07 "Hammer Down"

Be back in a bit with info. :)

ETA: Ok, here goes :)
    6.07 "Hammer Down"

~ This is the NY episode for the three-series crossover (Miami's portion of the crossover is also episode 7). Langston is in New York. (Mac seems to be the main one working with Langston.)

~ The crossover seems to be about missing women - and illegal organ harvesting. From what I can gather, women have been found dead and butchered on the side of the road (presumably in Vegas), and the chase leads Langston to the other cities.

~ The episode begins with a guy named Terry driving a semi-truck* with a woman locked in the sleeper portion of the trailer. A drunk man is arguing with his ex-wife on the phone while he's driving, and he looks down when he drops the phone - causing an accident when he slams into the semi. A bystander (Joseph) stops his car to see if the people involved in the crash are alright - and he gets carjacked for his trouble. Terry pulls a gun and drags the young woman into Joseph's car, demanding that he drive them away. Ten miles down the road, Terry tells him to stop. He takes Joseph's phone and wallet, shoots him in the stomach, and drives away with the woman in the car.

~ Hawkes gets upset about the illegal organ transplants and the women who died when their organs were taken.

*or whatever else you call it ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.