Most Deserving Actor/Actress for an Award [x3 CSI]

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by vegaslights, Mar 24, 2006.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There are so many award shows out there, that include awards for TV. For example, The People's Choice Awards, Golden Globes, and the top honcho, The Emmys. Yet each yeear, it seems as if an actor/actress from one of the three CSI shows gets overlooked, and is not included in an nomination, even if they did an outstanding performace [George Eads in 'Grave Danger.' Carmine Giovinazzo in 'On the Job'].

So, I felt, that this thread, would be a great discussion.

From the 'Miami' show I would have to say Emily Procter. She went thru so much last season, and continuing this season, with such a great performance.

From NY, I'd say either Melina or Carmine. Both do great at their acting.

And of course, from Vegas, Marg Helgenberger! :eek:

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

This is an interesting thread. Obviously everyone will know who my choice is :lol::

Melina Kanakaredes deserves an award so, so, so much! Those who have watched season one of NY will know what I mean. I mean, she made me cry at the end of "On The Job" and I often cry at movies, not shows. She was also really good at being furious at that girl in "Supply & Demand". Melina is so good at making Stella seem so real. She makes her lines and facial expressions come across so well. When's she's sad I'm sad and when she's mad I'm mad etc and she shows that too. She's not boring and she pours her heart and soul in playing Stella. She also really gets into her character and she doesn't act like she's mad to be there. She shows that she deserved the role of Stella more than any other actress out there. What I'm trying to say is that she makes Stella a real person...someone that has qualities that you see in someone you know. She's not fake. I've hoped I have made sense. Oh, and Melina is like a god to people in Greece. There are tons of Greek actors and actresses out there but Melina is number one back in Greece and that says a lot.

3. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

IMO. And I only watch Vegas. I'd have to say that actor/actresses that deserve awards are Paul Guilfoyle (Of course, Jimmy ROCKS!!!! :D), George Eads and Marg Helgenberger. They're my top three faves on Vegas. Grissom coming in fourth. But judging by season 6 definately Paul Guilfoyle his performance this season has been amazing. But I don't expect nothing less form him. He's a fantatic actor. And my favorite. :D

4. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I'm not going to give the answer that everybody expects from me ;) I love Gary but he has won several NAACP Image Awards and has been praised for his excellent work.
    I think that it is high time that George Eads gets the same recognition for playing Nick Stokes like he does every week. The man truly is a gifted actor and it's a shame that he has never recieved an prestigious award for his acting. He deserves it.

5. lauracathfan

lauracathfan Hit and Run

i think marg deserves an emmy for playing catherine, every ep shes brilliant. william peterson deserves one for grisiim too of corse.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I think Nick deserves one for the Grave Danger episode, GOd he took my breath away with that, he's really talented!

7. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Jorja definitely deserves an Emmy, cause she's a stunning actress and in Nesting Dolls she has proved it; it was very touching and she's absolutely great. Same reason for George Eads in GD.

In Miami I'd say Emily Procter. I've never had the chance to see her in any other show, unfortunately, but she did a great job with Calleigh.

8. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

Wow Joy, that's exactly how I think. I think George needs some recognition. Scary for you, huh? [​IMG]

9. lea

lea Police Officer

I reckon (from vegas) Jorja Fox or George Eads.. but i'm biased cause they're my favourites =p

From Miami Emily Procter, shes a good actress.

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i only watch vegas so i cant comment on the other two. but im going to agree with you guys on george. and not just because i love him to death :D the writters put poor nicky through so much crap, and george nails it every time! grave danger is the obvious one but theres been so many others over the years. and as ticked off as i am with this season and the lack of acknowleding what nick must be going through, george has done an excellent job of portraying nicks problems so subtely.
    i think the problem is with an ensemle cast, sometimes it can be hard to pick out who the lead actors are for awards. i know in the beginning of vegas grissom was obviously the lead, but as times go on they are all equally important and i dont think one outshines the other (in screen time, not in acting ability, i wont go into who i think isnt that great :p)
    so georgey boy, you certainly deserve something for your acting skills, and even if its only from us crazy fans thats still good!

11. CSI_Boston

CSI_Boston Witness

I only watch LV on a regular basis. Definitely George Eads for GD, Jorja Fox for Nesting Dolls, and I think Eric Szmanda has stepped up his performance since Who Shot Sherlock. Any or all of those three should be recognized.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree, his character has been through so much and he has been able to pull it off to a T. No matter what happens to his character, he has such an amazing ability to pull the viewers in.

13. NikkiH

NikkiH Lab Technician

George Eads and Paul Guilfoyle from LV. They always put in great performances.

Carmine Giovinazzo and Gary Sinise from NY.

14. GilandSara

GilandSara Lab Technician

George Eads. He's been through so much....

15. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

LV: George Eads and Jorga Fox

Miami: Emily Proctor and Jonathan Togo

NY: Melina Kanakaredes and Carmine Giovinazzo