Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellay

ellay Hit and Run

I've just read the entire script for 8.04 and I was surprised to see how they listed the cast

Horatio Caine
    Calleigh Duquesne
    Jesse Cardoza
    Ryan Wolfe
    SGT. Franck Tripp
    Natalia Boa Vista

Since Jesse is the latest csi to join the team, why isn't he after Ryan, Franck and Natalia? :confused:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Because he's basically replacing Eric, so he goes in Eric's spot. It's irritating that they do it that way. IMO, it doesnt' matter who is replacing who, if they're new, they should not get billing over the others. Now LF is a different matter. He was brought in as the lead male, so naturally he's going to get billing over everyone else. Though I feel they should have put Marg first and then him. :lol:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Maybe that's for the character listing, but on Futon Critic & other various sites where there's cast listing, they have Eddie Cibrian (Jesse) at the very bottom under Eva.
    I'm anxious to see where they put him in the opening sequence ..... be prepared to hear a mouthful from me if he's got more than Rex & Eva. :evil:

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

:lol: You go for it. I really hope they put him in the opening credits after everyone who was there first. NOT in Eric's spot. :rolleyes:

It's a little sad how nervous I am about Jesse Cardoza coming around. :lol: I have a bad feeling he's going to just jump right into the Eric spot and take over Natalia/Ryan/Frank right away. I'll have to wait and see.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^
    It's the same feeling I have luf.

6. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Yeah, I'm worried too. I'm scared that TPTB will decide to make everything about Jesse because he's new. "Oh look here's JESSE! He's NEW! Let us tell you ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about him and put him FRONT AND CENTER until the spirit moves us to remember that people like Frank, Natalia, and Ryan actually exist!"

Which is a shame, because I thought they did a pretty good job of introducing and then building up Natalia and Ryan. We knew why they were there (needed someone to "replace" Speedle; DNA chick to work on cold cases) and where they came from (working patrol; FBI) instantly. But everything else was gradual. We learned more about them throughout the season instead of all up front. Their struggles at work (Ryan's overachieving tendencies and tension with Eric; Natalia's mole status being revealed) and in their personal lives (Ryan's gambling issues; Natalia's abusive ex-husband) didn't get shoved into the first few episodes they appeared in.

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I'm nervous too nowadays. Too much hype over this guy. Man am I gonna be ticked if he gets priority over Ryan and Nat...

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

One would hope that TPTB would be a little more sensitive then that. Mr. Cibrian needs to do his time and earn the fans' respect. It would be horribly unfair to him to place him in that position. It would invite hostility from the beginning. :(

Then again, everytime I think I'm not giving TPTB enough credit, I find out I'm giving them worlds more than they should get.

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

It sounds like....
    Old Rick might finally gonna make Lieutenant. Or at least that's the rumor.

Just speculation in the Stetler camp. The writers brought Rick Stetler aboard as a jerk who had an axe to grind against Horatio, but David Lee Smith plays the character so well, probably TOO well, and now the writers are stuck trying to figure out what to do with this character that everybody was supposed to hate. IMHO they should have Rick transfer out of IAB. And the writers really need to give him more than one scene per epi. This could turn into a career killer for him.

A little OT, I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the actors are doing other projects while waiting for the writers to make some room in their hearts for them. I understand Adam Rodriguez just did a movie that should be out soon, while DLS was in a Hallmark original movie and really showed what he could do.

I love the interaction between Rick and H too. Watching those two butt heads is hilarious!

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I am not a big fan of his to begin with so I personally think they are hyping a whole lot of nothing. I used to watch Third Watch and he was much to do about nothing on that show. All he ever did was lose his shirt...oh wait that is what he does in his very first full episode of this show:rolleyes: He is nothing but eye candy b/c his acting isn't all that great and I certainly hope all this hype on part of the writers doesn't backfire b/c if it does, they are going to piss off a lot of fans. He needs to make his bones and does not deserve any special treatment over anyone else on the show simply b/c they have hyped his addition to the cast.

I am calling it now; a one year wonder like Tara. I just don't see him having the chemistry, after having watched him in other shows, to fit into this show. Especially if the fans get ticked off.

And right now....all he is bringing them is bad press. If I read one more article about how he had an affair and how he is defending that he is a good dad even though he had an affair I will scream. I could care less about his personal life but when they describe him in the articles as "the CSI Miami star...." it pisses me off. B/c now the show is being associated with his personal crap and it ain't nice personal crap.

11. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

I agree. I wish it didn't influence me, but the man has already left a bad taste in my mouth with all of the bad press, and the spotlight that he is putting on CSI: Miami. He will have to work damn hard for me to believe his is a credible actor and not just another pretty face. And to TPTB, don't even think about putting him before the established stars! You have been warned!

12. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i agree putting new stars first is wrong he has to earn it first especially from the fans of the show.

i think they should start him out like they did with ryan and natalia you know here and there and than give him a bit more screen time but not alot so ryan and natalia miss out that's just wrong.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

To be honest, I've never seen Cibrian in anything, so I'll be seeing what he is capable of through fresh eyes with no past judgment.

But I do think that whether someone is a good actor/singer/writer, or not, is truly a subjective thing. It's totally through the prespective of the individual and their taste. I don't see what the big deal is about Robert DeNiro. He's good, but I don't think he's by any means the best I've ever seen. Others think he is the very definition of the best actor ever. Some people think Jim Carrey walks on water. I've never found him the least bit funny. Different strokes for different folks.

I always get stuck liking people that I think are really good at what they do, but the critics and/or the public just love kicking the crap out of them(Caruso (acting), David Duchovny (writing/directing/acting), Barry Manilow (musician - not for the "hits" but for music most of the public will never hear). I notice when problems/speculation in their personal lives hit the media. And I feel bad for them. But it's not for me to pass judgment on them. Maybe because I've had my fair share of people passing judgment on me when they don't have all of the relevant information to make an informed decision.

I feel horrible for them that their problems are always played out in the public so everyone can give an opinion - and we never have all the facts. I always wonder how our personal lives and decisions would fare under the same microscope. Or if a lot of us would have the strength of character to withstand the public onslaught. To be honest, I don't think I would. :(

I hear what you're saying, delkolover! :lol: Then again, there is always a seqment of the fans of this show who are angry about something. I'm thinking TPTB really don't pay much attention to what our feeling are. ;) I would just like to see everyone give Cibrian a fair chance. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the "chemistry" thing appears. Then again, another subjective thing. We've had the "chemistry" discussion, and who sees it and who doesn't, a lot in the last couple of seasons. :)

Yeah, his personal life does seem to be the focus of the media. As I said before, I'm not going to pass judgment when I don't have all the facts. The "affair" (and yes, anyone having an affair sucks) is between him and his wife and none of my business. Bad judgment like this runs rampant thoughout our society. It certainly isn't unique to their relationship.

But it is "news" to the gossip columns and a lot of the public. I have a feeling that TPTB have told him to face it head on and put the best spin he can on it (hence the, "I'm a good dad."). If he didn't have their blessing to address the issue when asked about it, I sincerely doubt he would be responding to their questions. Especially when he's the new kid and he needs the fans to be pulling for him to succeed. And he does seem to have a "scripted" response to the inquiries. ;) Actually the one interview that I saw where he addressed the issue, he didn't look happy at all to be doing it, but resigned that it was necessary.

And you're right about any media hype that mentions him as the "the CSI Miami star", delkolover! It's wrong, it's unfair to the current cast and it only serves to start him off in a negative way with the fans.

Stepping off my soapbox! Back to our spoilers! And I will get back to them as soon as a get a few moments! I used up the little bit of time I had. :( (Bet you're all really glad about that! :lol:)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ditto for me....well kinda. I did watch about 20 minutes of 'Northern Lights' but from what I saw of him was nothing outstanding.
    Alot will have to do with his character, how he meshes with the others, & the traits tptb give him, which right now I'm not even seeing/hearing of any, so it's hard to say whether or not I'll like him.

As for his personal life, I fully agree with Delynn.
    If this were an already established character & an actor we've already grown to love on this show, then we'd likely want more privacy for said actor's personal drama....maybe even a little more sympathetic & we'd see it differently because in our eyes we'd be thinking there's no way or there's more to it, ect, ect. What I'm saying is we'd likely give them the benefit of the doubt opposed to immediatly jumping all over them for the mistakes they made.

Having said that though, this is a new character/new actor for the show, & his personal life is smeared everywhere -- it just doesn't seem like the right time for him to be starting a new show where most people are going to judge him -- sadly, it's not going to help him be welcomed by fans.

Definitly possible, but in a way I really hope not. This team already feels split & not well formed at all these days & it doesn't help that we've had so many characters come & go. When they pull this one-season wonder crap it adds to the feel that the team is crumbling & no longer a tight-knit "family" (for me anyway). Tptb need to think things through, get who they truly believe will be good FOR THE LONG RUN, & get this team formed again!

15. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

One year wonder? Very well could be! Just like Tara or Riley in CSI:LV. TPTB will have to decide as the year goes on.

I couldn't care any less about Eddie's personal life, but you're right. I hate how they are associating all the stuff that goes along with it to the "CSI: Miami star" thing. First of all! Hold your horses- he ain't a star yet. Second, it makes all the affair stuff harder to ignore when they are associating it with the name of the show. :shifty: I blame the media, not Eddie.

Overall, I'm 100% behind giving Jesse a chance- lots of good may come out of it! But I have my reservations. If he ends up stealing the spot light the entire season or getting seniority over Ryan and Nat, you are going to have one pissed off fan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.