Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Hmm...lol, could you tell me where you found that fic? (If we're not allowed to post links to fics on here, maybe you could send me the name of it through a Private Message?). I'd love to read good fic on how it might've played out had Lindsay actually gone to see Stella after "All Access". I'm
    not too sure that she would have, though. While I think Lindsay shows she cares plenty of time, she often seems to shy away from actively showing that by supporting the person(s); even with Danny, at least earlier in the series. With Stella, I think she would've tied herself in knots over what happened in "All Access", yet it probably wouldn't have occurred to her that Stella might appreciate a show of support from her. That's what I want to see her grow from. :lol:

"One Wedding and a Funeral" was another one of my favourite episodes! Yeah, the Stella/Lindsay goose-chase around town was fun to watch (though probably not as much fun to belong to). And I liked that Adam had his part in it, too.

Slightly unrelated note, but I found actual episodes of Medical Investigation online! :hugegrin: And what's interesting is that toward the end of the show, Eva Rossi's wardrobe (and haircut, minus the dark-brown colour!) reminded me a lot of Lindsay's Season 4 wardrobe and early-haircut, only a little trendier. It was a good look on her, so maybe darker hair wouldn't be so far off-base with Lindsay's image?

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

As long as the fanfic is PG 13 appropriate I don't think there's a problem with a link being posted here, if that's easier.

I haven't seen All Access in a long time (it's definitely not one of my favourite episodes), but I do remember Lindsay seemed really affected by what happened to Stella, and then nothing! It might have been good to see something more to that. :)

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

It wasn't an adult rated fic, but anyway I'll pm it to you. :) It was set after All Access and I found it very great. I agree with you, Elsie. She was very affected, which even caused her to leave the interrogation room (another scene I love, because once again it showed her emotional side). I would love to know if she visited Stella after she was released from the hospital. Again a scene that possibly happened offscreen. :lol: Ah, always we have to imagine.

Indeed! I love how Lindsay watched poor Adam doing the puzzle and grinned at him. :lol: And the chasing around the city was awesome as well. I love how they were on that empty floor. And Lindsay's 'I hate to state the obvious, but there is no building.' :lol: I love thise combination- Lindsay/Stella/Adam. Very entertaining! Just like in 'Sex, Lies And Silicone', where they had that doll on the table and Adam was all impressed by...the hair? :lol: That was an awesome scene as well. Wow, now that I think about it, tons of great scenes with them come to my mind!

Yes! That's true. I like how Eva changed over the episodes btw. It's interesting to watch. The finale of the show was awesome! And she had a very good storyline. I agree that the dark hair would look good on her as well. Lindsay's hairstyles often changes, so who knows, maybe she'll also have darker hair? Would surely look good!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yeah, there was that whole black-hole-of-continuity :shifty: - I don't know if Lindsay would've been the greatest at supporting Stella even if we'd seen followup, but it would've been so cool to at least see how she'd've approached Stella after all the drama of that episode!

LOL, it was done really believably in the fic you sent, and makes me wish we could've at least seen them interact after the matter; I could easily picture them still being awkward around each other, but the underlying "you're my friend" message still getting across anyway. Because I always see that message in their interactions, but it always seems to be Stella sendng it more, and "All Access" feels like a lost-opportunity to let Lindsay reciprocate. Gah!

(P.S. Think it'd be okay with the author if I posted the link to the fic, only because it really was very well-done, and relevant to our topic :)?)

Aw, that scene from "Sex, Lies, Silicone" was the height of awesomeness. :guffaw:The three of them have a hilarious dynamic...I dunno, I know Lindsay is pretty short with Adam sometimes, but they do seem fond of each other anyway (she's always laughing at his comments! And she did help him with the puzzle later in the episode, once Mac took her place as Stella's partner on the case), so I really want to see more scenes with that threesome.

Not even kidding here, but I'm seriously considering buying "Medical Investigation" on DVD, if I can find it :lol: I wasn't able to get into it that well from the few scenes I saw on Youtube, but watching the episodes as a whole really demonstrates how great a show it was. (I haven't gotten to the finale yet, lol, now I can't wait.) And Eva is so much fun to watch! Yeah, her development really becomes obvious over the season, but I'm sort of fond of the way she was in the beginning - I know she was a little callous and shallow, but she was insanely funny and endearing. And I think the show did a lot with her character! I've been this close to banging my head against the wall as I've been watching MI, wishing the CSI producers would take a page out of MI's book when it came to Lindsay's character. Anna Belknap could totally pull off more controversial scenes.

If they were to go with darker hair for Lindsay...I think I'd like it better if they waited until it grew a little more, so it could be like the way it was in the first episode of MI. That might be my favourite style so far - and it's not even Lindsay's :lol:

[Slightly unrelated, but it's funny - these shows totally recycle all their actors/characters. I recognized the actor who plays Inspector Gerrard in the third episode of "MI" and couldn't take him seriously for the rest of the episode :lol:]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm sure it is, no idea. I agree, it was very well written and fits perfectly to what we're discussing here. Such a scene where Lindsay visits Stella and supports her; that would have been wonderful to watch.

I agree! They're so much fun to watch. That scene was so funny. In an early season 5 episode there was also a scene where Adam came in and Lindsay was like 'Adam, what is that smell?!'. :lol: I would love to see them working together more often. You always get a scene to laugh!

Totally agree! Eva is indeed a lot of fun to watch. Very interesting character indeed. If you can buy it, you really should. Her scenes are worth it in my eyes. :lol: Yeah, they should show us more of Lindsay's character! In season 2 they did that (I'm just watching Dancing With The Fishes and I think you guys already know how much I love her scenes in that episode). How about some background information for example? Or like we talked about, letting her lead a case? I'm just watching one of her scenes in DWTF. It's so awesome to see her practically lead two cases at once. :lol:

:lol: You saw him, too? I was like 'Oh, Gerrard!'. I love to see actors and actresses in different shows. Over here it's even funnier, because they dub the episodes. So Lindsay's dubbing voice is the same they use for Gabrielle from Desperate Housewives and Paige from Charmed and Eva's dubbing voice is the one they use for Kate from Lost. :lol:

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ooh, which episode is that? Lindsay and Adam are both hilarious to watch (after Danny, Flack, and Lindsay, it's definitely Adam who's the funniest character on the show for me), so yeah, the majority of their scenes are a riot. We need more!

See, I think it could be even simpler than that - something as simple as showing a coworker (not just some random suspect) having a problem with Lindsay, getting in her face about it, and having that be followed up rather than just swept under the rug. One of my favourite things about "Medical Investigation" is the relationship between Eva and Natalie, the other woman on the team. I mean, even though at the beginning they get along, you could totally see that Eva was part-jealous of, and part-fangirling Natalie, whereas Natalie saw Eva as kind of a ditz. And you know, that obviously caused problems. We got to see them clash. But over time they really earned each other's respect/friendship. Simple as that, a lot of fun to watch, didn't take up too much time, and it was great for character development. Lindsay on the other hand was basically dropped into the middle of an already-close, fully-formed team, and everyone on that team seemed to love her from day one (well, not Danny, but everyone knew where that was going). It's not a bad thing, exactly, but talk about a wasted opportunity for character development. :shifty: I wish they'd at least shown how Lindsay got onto such good terms with the team. It would've been so cool if Lindsay's replacing Aiden had been a problem for someone other than just Danny :lol:; if we'd seen her have to work to fill Aiden's shoes. (She totally did, btw! ;) But we never got to see the team make her work for it - they just kind of took it as a given).

LOL! I always have fun picking out actors in shows that I recognize from other shows - but this specific set of actors (Gerrard, Chief Sinclair, that FBI- agent from Miami who plays FBI on Fringe) I keep seeing on the same kinds of shows, so it's extra fun :p I saw Danny on CSI Vegas a while ago, and now every time I watch that episode I can't stop laughing when he comes on.

7. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

Oh yeah, I remember that scene with Adam and Lindsay. I think it may have been Turbelence, but I could be wrong. I love the small humorous moments that Lindsay has. Anna really does a good job in them.

And I also agree about seeing some more of Lindsay's character next season. Don't get me wrong, I love Danny and Lindsay together but it would be nice to see Lindsay on her own case or simply in a tought interrogation. Maybe even a Lindsay centric case episode. I would love to see her take the reigns on a case or somthing.

Man, the more and more I read these post, the more I want to go and watch MI. Its seems really good. Was Eva the main character?

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, totally forgot to post over here. :lol:

That scene with Adam was too funny. He just entered the room and she was all 'OMG, Adam what is that smell?'. :lol: Possibly a hint towards her pregnancy? :p I agree, I love her humor moments. She always has those WTF moments- you don't see them coming and they leave you loving your butt off. :lol: Like when she ate the spider. Like when she did the DOLL?!. I can't get enough of those moments. I can't wait to see how they'll dub those moments.

I agree with you about the MI stuff, Maya! I liked to see the two women interact. Last night another MI episode aired, it was one where Eva practically blackmailed a person from the hospital (forgot who exactly she was) to make her give them the needed information. I love how determined she is. It reminds me of the way Lindsay acted in Stealing Home.

Eva was one of the main characters. I don't remember what exactly her job was called.

I think we agree that we want to see Lindsay lead a case then. ;) Or she could work with Danny and Adam like in A Daze Of Wine And Roaches. :lol: What I love is that Danny was following Lindsay around the lab while she was for example finding out the wine bottle sign was faked. :lol:

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, now I'm in the mood to hunt down and watch "Turbulence" :lol: I completely forgot about any Lindsay-Adam moments there!

It'd be interesting to see whether Lindsay's motherhood gives her a new dimension to her character in S6, but I'm really hoping they don't use it as an excuse to make that the new defining element to her...I'd love to see more of her on her own, interacting with the other characters to give her relationship with them a little more definition. I was a bit leery of the new character they're adding to the NY cast, but now my hope is more that if they're concentrating hard on making everyone like that new character, Lindsay's will finally get a chance to be more...real, I guess - I love her as she is, but I think they could do a lot more work on making her interactions with other people (besides Danny, I mean) more realistic.

MI is quickly being bumped up to one of my favourite shows, the more I see of it :D Eva's not the main character, I think she was just the team's PR person; she's extremely good at her job even if she has to improvise like crazy sometimes, but what I really love about her character is that she often had to prove she was really good at her job, and was just as important to the team as any of the doctors were.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: That scene was too funny! I have to rewatch it as well. And yay for me- it'll air here in a few weeks. :D Can't believe we still have to wait for CSI:NY. :lol: I also love how Adam had to be the one who took her to the hospital. I know we joked about him having to do that, and it's exactly what happened. I can't believe he kept on chatting and didn't notice something was on by the way she was so nervous. It was a fantastic scene, definitely.

I agree, I would love to see more of her character. Motherhood will be one interesting part of it, so will being married to Danny. But also I wanna see more of Lindsay and her personality. And like you said, I want to see her interact with the others, also with the new girl. Maybe they get along really well? That would be fantastic to see! And like we talked about before, I want to see Lindsay working with Hawkes again. I totally love that!

Eva is an amazing character! Like you said, she often has to prove that she's good in her job, and she really is. Especially in the episode with the adopted girl she showed that, and also that she can be really emotional. This is one of my favourites of the show.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Aww, that Adam/Lindsay scene in "Greater Good" was one of my few favourite moments from that episode! I love love love Adam's expression when she told him her water broke - I watched that episode for the first time online, and I kept rewinding that one scene, 'cause I couldn't stop laughing. They are honestly hilarious together.:lol:

I'm conflicted on exactly what it is I want to see from Lindsay in the future - on the one hand, I definitely think it'd be best if they kept her past in the past, but on the other hand, that moment in "Pay Up" where she kind of froze when she saw Angell's blood on the diner floor? I really liked the way that played out. I think I'd really really just like to see her get in trouble; even if she got in trouble just by being driven by one case that got to her, like Stella was with the Diakos thing, or Aiden was with DJ Pratt. She often seems like she finds it hard to let certain things go (like if she feels someone's been mean to her, it takes her a while to get over that, or if she wants answers that she's just not getting like in "Stealing Home", she has to follow the guy to jail to try to get those answers. It'd be awesome if the writers could run with that.

As for the new girl - I'm actually kind of hoping they don't get along so well, at least not at first. I'm not sure what kind of relationship Lindsay could have with the new girl - it looks like Stella will already have the "mother-figure" relationship covered, and though Lindsay's great with brother-sister-y relationships when it comes to characters like Hawkes and Adam, she doesn't seem as easy when it comes to women-sister-y relationships. Maybe after a while, though, the new girl (Haylen Becall, I think is the name they're sticking with?) could be Lindsay's first girlfriend-y relationship since her friends died back in Montana...if they really work on it, I could get behind that sort of relationship between the two. Then again, it's entirely possible it'll just pan out like most of the other female relationships in the CSI-franchise...friendly-coworkers-but-not-quite-friends.:rolleyes:

ETA for random babbling: I got into this weird picture-frenzy after posting here earlier, so I went searching for Anna Belknap pics - I found a few that really can't be from her "CSI NY" days - she looks so glamorous in them! And it's a strange contrast, when you compare her in those pics to the way they kind of dress Lindsay down...;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  12. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

I really like Lindsay. Wheather she's interrogating a suspect, analyzing evidence or working with the rest of the team. My favorite scenes are when she's demonstrating something she's been working on and gets so excited to tell the rest of the team.

I love all the pictures in the thread. I haven't seen a lot of them. It's interesting to read about the rest of the shows/movies Anna's worked on in her career. I really enjoyed her on "Medical Investigation" too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I thought Last night's episode was so great for Lindsay. I think Anna did such a great job. That had to be one of my favorit Lindsay episode's.

Anna looks so pretty in Purple!!
    And when she had Lucy in her arms that was just so cute!!!

14. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Hi everyone, wasn´t here for a while :)
    Totally agree with you, carminelove15. Anna was great.
    I totally liked Lindsay´s strength and optimism. She was so caring but she also would give Danny a kick in the ass if he gave up hope. And the rain analogy was wonderful and so true. She really found the right words for their difficult situation.

15. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Ya I love her strenght and optimism for Danny.
    I just hope this year that they will do somthing different with her character aside from the Danny and Lindsay story.