Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah actualy they were supposed to find Nick a girlfriend whose a social worker-in her thirties-that's good at least she's not barely out of high school like the last one they had mind.

By the way, the waitress is now in True Blood and she rocks in that show. I'm so glad she didn't get cast as some girlfriend of Nick's because her talent would have been wasted-she's awesome in True Blood.

But I will suggest to other CSIs to avoid Nick if he starts dating, we all know what happens when Nick comes into contact with a female:eek:

Nick: Hey I'm dating that social worker...

Catherine: Okay I'm hiding in my office

Sara: I'll join you

Greg: I'm going to find a Hasmat suit that's bullet proof

Doc Robbins: I'm staying in the morgue

Super Dave: I'm hiding in one of the freezers

The Lab Rats-Don't come near us..

Brass: I need a drink!

Ecklie: Can I have one

Brass: No..

Grissom read text-message from Sara and writes back: Get back here (whereever he is) now..and stay clear of Nick whatever you do!:lol:

I'm kidding guys..but I hazard to guess to give us angst..they will kill off his girlfriend.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I don't think she'll be a girlfriend for Nick,and i don't think the writters put another romance.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's possible that it's just a coincidence that before the writer's strike Nick was supposed to get a social worker girlfriend in her 30s and now this ep has a social worker woman in her thirties in it. But, it's also possible that they finally decided to give Nick a little bit of a social life outside of his friends from work. :)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I dvr'd the epi last nite, and watched it for the promo today.
    The 'g-men, matix-style,' burst into the morgue and that is when Doc yells 'what's going on here?' It's definitely an electronic voice that says 'you're dead' or '3 dead'; so I agree, it may be some type of drill, which I think would be a little of a let down when the show airs, if that's true.
    And yay, Greg is in it, safe and sound.
    The van driving away says 'BlackWood Morgue', I think.
    I do like how Nick and Sara ask each other if they're okay at the same time; just one example of some of the chemistry that has been missing from the show lately.

I also agree that this is no doubt a compilation of scenes from different episodes, all chopped up and out of sequence so we don't know what is going on.
    I still crave a better promo, like more than 30 seconds.
    And I'm not terribly fond of Ray's makeover so far. I kinda liked him with his glasses. I wonder if they are going to move him away from being the 'intellectual' center of the show to being a rough-and-tough-and-in-charge CSI. Although that might fit LF's personna, it doesn't quite jive with what we saw last season.

Only 20 more days.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I thought the woman sounded like she said "3 dead" but I might be wrong. I think the first part of last night promo was from the premiere with the actress who gets killed in a car accident. But wasn't there something off about the accident? So maybe the shooting up of the morgue was a way to destroy evidence that could possibly incriminate someone in the actress' death? And maybe this whole promo is only from one episode?

I know last year's promo they combined like three episodes to make the promo for For Warrick but maybe they're doing things different this time.

And was I the only one who noticed that the first part of thr promo looked kinda green whereas the second part looked blue? What color are we going to have next?:)

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'd like to take this time to say that the news about Sofia's return is true.:luvlove:

Nick with a girlfriend is good news (if it's true). It seems kind of depressing that these poor people have no social lives. I just hope that Nick's girl doesn't die or distract Nick and allowing one of his friends to get abducted or murdered.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree. If Grissom and Sara can have love lives outside of work, why can't Nick, Greg, Catherine and the others? I think it would be perfectly fine to see someone else with a girlfriend/boyfriend on the side that can just simply be seen or talked about once in awhile.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Cite your source! Because I've looked and I still don't see anything pertaining to this.

So Nick's going to get his girlfriend. Geesh, about time. Greg needs one too. The poor things have no life outside of the lab. :lol:

At least she'll be a recurring character so it won't dominate the show, because this is a forensics, first and foremost. But as all things they say will happen with Nick, I'll believe it when I see it. Yup, I don't believe he'll be promoted until I actually see it, because in the end it could end up on the cutting room floor.

Alright, I need to see this promo. Missed last night and I've said it once and I'll say it again. CBS needs to get on the ball and put the damn promo on their website. :scream::wtf::rolleyes: I think we can all agree with that, right? :bolian:

9. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I had understood that a romance ruined the show. No problem now? Maybe she will be for Greg.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, because the show focused on this relationship. A romance for Greg or Nick or Catherine would not be the focus. The way they use to show Catherine's romances were just short and sweet a snippet here and there, barely saw it.

And it's not a romance between two cannon characters. Too mention that Nick is dating her or Greg or whoever is not a romance.

Just like a lot of people don't like the romance that is blossoming between Hodges and Wendy. It takes away from the show because it's two canon characters involved. Showing snippets of characters personal life is fine, but with Grissom and Sara it wasn't just snippets.

There is a difference and in the end all romance probably shouldn't be on this show, but a girlfriend for Greg or Nick or boyfriend for Catherine is not a romantic storyline. Am I explaining this right?

11. PraetorCorvinus

Sorry, should have done that. I got it from the news bullet right here at Talk CSI.

I'm hoping that Nick's love interest, while being only a recurring character, will at least get more development than Tina Brown did.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Don't apologize, I know Faylinn said she isn't sure that Lombard is returning as she is the one who posted the news bullets. I just thought maybe someone else confirmed it. Just checking. I never really liked her character, but I'd like to know whether she is or not. :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they need to steer away from this whole idea that police/detective work is for men only... the fact that they've only had one female cop working with the team throughout it's 9 seasons seems to imply that they feel this way. In addition to the great many male detectives on the show that recurr: Vartann, Vega, Cavalier, etc... they need a few more female ones (in addition to Sofia) as well. And though they might have worked with female detectives in one ep, those female detective characters were never in another episode. I'm talking about having some recurring characters who are female detectives and work cases with the team as Vartann and the others do.

All of the CSI shows are so male-dominated. :lol: And while I love my eye candy, I'd also like to see some more girl power on the show. :lol:

14. PraetorCorvinus

Ah, now you're raining on my parade. Here I was, clinging to hope, when it could be all sound and fury, signifying nothing. :(

Oh well, I'm still holding out for the return of Sofia.

15. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I respect your opinion,but a girlfriend for Greg or Nick or a boyfriend for Cath is a romance too. The story are based on a romance. Here has been criticized the romances in CSI. I have read said that its not a soap opera,and now is not problem? I dont understand it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.