Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Did it show Greg walking with the team too?

2. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Desertwind: I don't try to change the minds,the people are free to think and to say they want it. But i am always reading the strong criticisms that some people are saying about Jorja/Sara or GSR. I respet the different opinions,but to deny the obvious with strong criticims because not like a character or a story love is not respect to who if like it. There are thousand ways to make it without to use so strong criticism,i only ask a little of tact.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  3. Micha

Micha Rookie

10x06 "Death & the Maiden"

No plotline so far.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I can't seem to find the longer promo on You Tube anymore. Did anyone happen to catch what it said on the back of that van as it drove away when Nick and Sara were shooting at it?

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't want to get too deep into this, especially because it detracts from the discussion of other spoilers, especially as mods and admins have explicitly said they don't want it too shippy in here, which is fine with me. However, I do have some points to make.

Jorja Fox in several interviews has stated that the whole GSR storyline/ark/whatever you want to call it has become a big deal. It's very Polarizing, with just as many people who adore all the little moments such as the Veggie Burger, the little hug and guide out of the lab, the flirting, etc, think they're horrible moments, and want to spork their eyeballs out, and they feel like that aspect of the show is taking over, and it's not Grissom as his own entity anymore, or Sara as her own entity anymore, it's justs simply GSR, A force unto itself.

Some people feel like this has become the focus of the show, and that a lot of the other characters get shafted for it.

Others Like it, because in spite of all of their flaws, they do work wll together as a couple.

It doesn't appear to be much middle ground, you either love or hate GSR, You either love or hate Sara. That's the way she is. However, whatever side you're on, it's a very fierce ship that they're very loyal to.

I think that we all guard our ships jealouslyand speak up for them at every opportunity.

It's the same thing with our favorite characters. We guard them jealously, and when they have less screentime, we notice. and we tweet. Same things with characters who are OOC or do OOC things.

That's the problem, that each of the characers has a strong, large and loyal fan base.

The problem is, we're all too human. And passionate.

We come in here, and unload on a character we don't like, and when I see somebody ripping on then I usually stand up.

Now, I'm fairly neutral to GSR, simply because I do think the make a proper couple if they could open up to the emotions of it.

However, the bashing has to go. All the bashing I've seen on this board lately is just getting insand

Caterine Willows and her daughter for one. Where they're ripping her skills as a parent irks me, especially because it takes a village.

The character of Ray Langston is another one. I get what they're doing here. It's quite interesting. Just from his first few esodes with him, he's brought a presence. My only gripe is that I'd like to see him try to learn the ropes more then dive right in Mr. Insta CSI.

6. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Here's one in good quality. I think it says something like Black..wood?

And there's one video I've seen of the last and slightly longer promo here, but you can't hear or see much..so don't know if Greg was there. I'm really wondering what he's doing while they're all working on the case. Something to do with his 'new job', maybe? Is it the 24th yet?

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That's exactly why I hate GSR. End of story.

8. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

That's what we GSRs don't understand, that despise. Why? Why can't we just coexist without hearing "I hate GSR" all the time? GSR is an essential part or CSI. You can't deny that. And you shouldn't have said that. It's offensive.

We CSI fans are like a big family, we are different, we like different things... But this is a family and we should preserve it and give space, respect and importance to every member. Doing that we'd be preserving CSI.

I'm so sorry you think that way, myfuturecsi. I think you're mistaken. And I will never say I hate something you like. Not in that way.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

First of all, mods, I'm so sorry I let myself get dragged into this off topic discussion.

Second of all, saramaniaca, you are not going to change my mind after 9 seasons, seriously, give it up will you! Get over it. Some people like it, some people hate it. It's like peanut butter-some people hate it, and some people like it. It's not for everyone and those who hate it, have a very, very good reason to and you can't just tell them not to feel the way they do. Only those who are maniacs about it get angry when someone says they hate it.

Some peple on this board hate Nick Stokes. That's fine, they can hate him all they like. There's a debate thread about President Obama and some posters dislike him and others don't-so what? They have a right to feel the way they do.Saying you hate something is not insulting anyone.

And I can say "I hate GSR" if I want to, that's how I feel. I don't feel hating this storyline is disprecting anyone. I hate the storyline and that's that!

Again mods, I'm so sorry and I will move on.:(

10. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

You know? Who truly love CSI,could never say what you said. If you hate the GSR,let me give you some advice: you change of channel because this continues. Oh,and no one want change your mind!!!

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh give me break! People like a show for many reasons. That's lame to indicate that somene who truly loves CSI will also love GSR..spare me.

Thanks God for the ignore button!!!

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm sure every show has the same problem with characters' storylines and screentime, etc. The writers can't please everyone, and fans are fanatics by nature. I think the problem becomes the way posters choose to express their dislike. I read a lot of different boards on different subjects, and, mostly, things are relatively civil here, thanks to our Mods, of course.:)
    Discussions like this always seem to pop up when spoilers are few. Hopefully, we will get more actual events to discuss as the premiere gets closer. We need a new promo; one with a little less action and a little more info (and a little Greg!).

Great post, Shytownmofo!:thumbsup:

13. Saramaniaca

Saramaniaca Victim

14. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Myfuturecsi: You know read? Where i said "the people like or love CSI,they like or love also the GSR? You're trying touch me the pistachio? Maybe if you hit that button,your wish come true and what you hate is gone forever. Oh,maybe come come true my wishes...Thank God you can enjoy again GSR/Sara in the new season!!!

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Alrighty then. :D
    I would just like to give a gentle reminder that this really isn't the place to debate any ship, there this a forum (SC) and I believe they still have a debate thread in there. As well as the threads of everyones respective ships. In here we try to keep ship discussions as they pertain to the spoilers. - Another gentle reminder not to tell people if you don't like one or more aspects of the show not to watch it, be it a character, ship, etc,

Now no one is in trouble, being yelled at or what have you, and going slightly off topic (even bringing up the ship, etc. is one thing) but this was being pulled way off so if folks could just agree to disagree and move on that would be helpful and much appreciated. Lastly we thank you for this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.