Langham: It's A Dream Career

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 2, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Wallace Langham</font> (David Hodges) enjoys being on <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>, but he plans to expand his career.<p>Having a steady job on <I>CSI</I> is "a very easy thing to do", Langham told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.herald.ie/">Herald.ie</a>. "[T]he bills are paid, everybody's fed, you know, life is comfortable -- and the fact that I can hang on to a No1 television show and go and do stuff like <I>Little Miss Sunshine</I> or <I>The Great Buck Howard</I>, stuff like that, is just a dream career." However, the actor admitted that he wants to keep his career growing. "[M]y intention is to move forward in larger ways," he explained. "I don't have a specific gameplan, but the general idea is to, see how I can expand as a creator."<p>Before joining the cast of <I>CSI</I>, Langham's resume included <I>The Larry Sanders Show</I> from 1992 to 1998. "I've got to say, it's an extreme honour to be part of television history," he said. "I feel like lightening struck twice, in a way. <I>Sanders</I> in and of itself was like Christmas every week, just to go in and read a script, and see what we could get away with. And every year when we would finish a season, I would just thank <font color=yellow>Garry</font> [<font color=yellow>Shandling</font>] for putting me on it, because it was a life-changing experience. And then to be on something as wildly popular as <I>CSI</I>, that's a real bonus."<p>Langham credits "people's desire to solve a mystery" for the success of <I>CSI</I>. "They want to work along with the detectives, I believe, and then there's a deep sense of the macabre in a lot of people," he continued. "I think that people do genuinely like the blood and the guts. Luckily, it's all fake and make-believe, but there are so many different ways to kill someone that I think it's fascinating [laughs]. We do a lot for the public!"<p>The original interview is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/wallaces-laugh-and-death-career-1874588.html">Herald.ie</a>.<center></center>

2. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

I love Hodges. He is one of the few "minor" characters that I don't mind taking over an episode. He's just fun to watch. I hope he gets to play a little this season. His big ep last season was one of my favorite eps if not THE favorite. Though, truthfully we didn't have a whole heck of a lot to pick from, last season was rather blah if you ask me.

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Hodges *is* fun to watch, although he's a character I actually love to hate. :lol:
    I loved Wallace Langham in Little Miss Sunshine :D

Sounds like he's pretty happy, that's a good thing I guess.