Rodriguez Prepares For What's Next

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font> (Eric Delko) will appear throughout the eighth season of <I>CSI: Miami</I> as he gets ready to exit the series.<p>As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/140809_01.shtml">reported</a>, season eight will be the last for Rodriguez. However, he won't leave immediately. "I won't be in every episode but I will be coming in and out of the show throughout the season," the actor told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.latina.com/">Latina</a>, "so I'm looking forward to still getting to spend some time with my <I>CSI</I> family."<p>"It was just that time in my career," Rodriguez said of his decision to leave <I>Miami</I>. "I just felt like I'm really ready to see what life has to offer next; as an artist, you want to branch out and do other things. It was all pretty sudden, but it's something to look forward to and see what the next adventure will be. My character, Eric Delko, had some great storylines. I've been very lucky."<p>Rodriguez has been <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/300809_01.shtml">nominated</a> for an American Latino Media Arts (ALMA) Award for his positive portrayal of a Latino character on <I>Miami</I>. "I am really excited about that," he shared. "I've been going to the ALMA Awards probably since they began, and to be honored this year makes me feel special. It makes me feel like I'm progressing in my career and it feels good to know that my people have taken the time to recognize."<p>The actor has several movie releases on the horizon. "I have a film that I shot this last summer with <font color=yellow>50 Cent</font> and that's coming out next year called <I>Caught in the Cross Fire</I>," he said. "Our <font color=yellow>Tyler Perry</font> movie, <I>I Can Do Bad All By Myself</I>, is coming out September 11." As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/300709_02.shtml">reported</a>, Rodriguez will play an immigrant looking for work. (The original article erroneously described the character as a Mexican immigrant. Rodriguez will play a Colombian immigrant in the film.) "He doesn't have a home and he's completely by himself, so he goes to a specific church because he knows the pastor had done missionary work in Colombia," the actor explained. "That pastor gets him a job to fix April's (<font color=yellow>Taraji Henson</font>) house, so he works for room and board. He has such a big and positive impact on everyone in this film—that was what I felt was the most important to portray. He really is a great representation of what we are as Latinos. He's so full of goodness, integrity, sense of family and how important that is. He doesn't have any of that in his life but still understands the value."<P>In addition to these new roles, Rodriguez still has some work to do as Eric Delko. "I have scenes to film for the rest of the season of <I>CSI: Miami</I>, and beyond that I don't know what's next," he said. "I'm really excited. I really want to do more films, so I want pursue more of that and if a great television show comes along, I'm open to that as well."<p>The original interview is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.latina.com/entertainment/celebrity/adam-rodriguez-dishes-csi-and-making-out-taraji-henson">Latina</a>.<center></center>

I'm a little confused from this, simply because at first it sounds like Adam is the one who decided to leave the show, and then he says it was a bit sudden, which also leads me to think maybe he wasn't expecting it. Also, back a few months ago when Emily was upset at the prospect that her "romance" was in jeopardy, had lead me to believe that Adam didn't want out and that it was negotiation issues and that Emily was trying to put the pressure on TPTB. So I'm confused. But in any case, I'll miss Adam. I am sad to say though that I'm not too terribly torn up about it. Which is sad because a few years ago I would have been spitting nails.

I am encouraged though by other things I have read about the up coming season. I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, we're going to lose some of the soap opera feel and get back to was CSI Miami is all about which is solving crimes.

I'm a little confused from this, simply because at first it sounds like Adam is the one who decided to leave the show, and then he says it was a bit sudden, which also leads me to think maybe he wasn't expecting it. Also, back a few months ago when Emily was upset at the prospect that her "romance" was in jeopardy, had lead me to believe that Adam didn't want out and that it was negotiation issues and that Emily was trying to put the pressure on TPTB. So I'm confused.

If it has anything to do with his contract negotiations, I don't think Adam would directly say that was the issue. He may have been considering making a career jump to begin with & then "contract stuff" forced him into making that jump sooner than planned.....either that or he's just the type of guy who get's a wild hair & goes for it, who knows. We'll have to wait for an E!TrueHollywoodStory to get the whole truth. :p

He seems happy & excited to move on, so I'm happy for him. I agree though -- before the s5 character destruction I'd have been crushed with his absence, but now he's probably better off elsewhere. I wish him the best of luck, & if tptb can manage bringing him back on occasion as an individual, then I'll welcome it. ;)

Character destruction is the perfect description. They've destroyed all of the characters, most notably Ryan and Eric. Though I think they've also ruined Calleigh, she's still cool, but she's a little to "catty bit**y" now days. Its annoying. And H, well, I think we all know how much they've ruined him. Though I'm encouraged by what they've said about him for next season. I'm hoping we get some of the old H back.

Back