Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'll admit right off that I'm not a great Greg fan. (I like him better than most of the others but I'm a one guy type of girl and that's Nick ;)) But I'm not at all sure I want to hear Greg 'gripe'. To me griping is whining and he's an adult and a professional and shouldn't be doing it. I compare him last season after he bacame a level 3 to Nick in the earlier seasons and he's doing the same kind of stuff.

I'd also be really worried about this "new job". They say he'll get a new job but don't say what! :shifty: Catherine is supervisor. Nick is being named to the assistant supervisor, which is the job he was already doing after Grissom left last year. (Personally I believe it's being used as a way to slow down George Eads a little bit. I think his back got real bad faster than they expected and that worried them.) Even Sara for temporary duty is going to outrank him. This new job could be nothing more than extra lab work because they're low on personel.

Susan

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Sometimes to get noticed though you need to say something in a job. If you stay silent and don't let people know you want more to do or some recognition, you will get nowhere.

Maybe his new job will be training Wendy to be a CSI. Just a thought.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hopefully it will be just him saying something quick to Sara about how he feels out of place... not necessarily him complaining. That would make way more sense and would be more in character. Then maybe Sara will gently note to Cath that she thinks Greg's feeling a little left out.

If this "new job" means more lab work, tptb are going to have some angry fans on their hands. :lol: I don't want to see him doing Archie's job ever again. He is a CSI, period! They shouldn't need anyone to do extra lab work though because they have plenty of labrats. :lol: Archie, Hodges, Wendy, Mandy, Henry, Bobby, etc... it's all covered.

Sara was a Level 3 before she left. Greg's a Level 3... so they're on the same level, she doesn't really outrank him. There is a step up from Level 3 and before assistant supervisor though if they bring back the Lead CSI position. They could give that to Greg... that way maybe he would actually be able to work a scene solo. :lol: Or maybe his new job is to train Wendy as a CSI. Or they could make him Lab Director. :lol: J/K on that last one. :)

ETA:

That's true. And gripe may just be the word that NS chose to use, but may not be necessarily how it goes down.

4. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Maybe the word "gripe" was just a way for people to understand that Greg's had some issues with the way he fits into the rest of the team. I think he's always been closer to Sara and even to Grissom who's team he was on when he first became a CSI. Maybe he feels(like a lot of his fans)that his talents are not being utilized and he doesn't have a true place on the team.

When he was in the DNA lab(and he also did a whole lot of trace before Hodges came along)Greg was king of the lab. A genius who truly had the respect of those around him. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have the same respect out on the field but he'll always be like the 'newbie' because he has less experience than Cath, Nick and Sara.

I would really like to see Greg be like the head of the lab rats. I think he would really shine in that capacity. Although mentoring Wendy would be nice too....

5. Dizzney

Well since Riley is gone, he is now the youngest again on the team.
    Plus I think anyone would be upset if someone who has been gone for awhile, even if it is your friend, comes back just temporarily and gets more work than you do, a full-time person. I've been in a position like that before. You tend to feel a bit resentful towards your boss and that person.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I would love it if his new responsibility was mentoring Wendy as a CSI. I think the two have nice chemistry (not romantic chemistry, just general chemistry). I wonder if he had to train her as a DNA tech after Mia left. I think it would be good if he did mentor Wendy as a CSI, especially with Sara coming back. Sara mentored Greg as a CSI, so it would be kind of nice to have Greg "pay it forward" so to speak by mentoring Wendy in the same capacity. :D

7. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Can you feel the love?:lol:

sorry...

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Being a CSI is more than just going to the scene and collecting evidence. Everyone processes some evidence at the lab. It's part of the job just like going to court is.

Besides are we sure Archie, Henry, & Bobby are going to be there this season? We already seem to have lost Ronnie (QD guy). Bobby D. was in 1 ep (For Warrick) last season. Archie I'm not sure was in much more that 4 or 5 or so. Henry I'm not sure was there very often. The only ones I'm confident we'll see are Hodges (who I pray stays in the lab this season :rolleyes:), and Wendy & Mandy. And that's because we saw all 3 of them frequently last season.

(As an FYI - I think Greg working in the lab (spacifically A/V last season) and the lack of labrats appearing are related to the same thing - paychecks for all the actors. I think CSI's been on the air long enough that they've gotten to the point that they can't afford that many labrats to be on screen that often. Remember the story last season where CBS told their big names not to expect pay raises.)

Not to kill anybody who hopes for more screentime because, well, who doesn't want more screentime for their favorite (I know I always want more screentime for Nick :lol:). According to this the show is going to shift to being more "Larry Fishburne-centric" and they've already said that the episodes with Sara are going to revolve around Sara. Between those 2 I'm not sure those of us who aren't specifically their fans are going to enjoy this season. :(

Susan

9. Dizzney

Yeah a Ray centered show will not make a lot of us happy. I do not want that.

10. GregNickRyanFan

yeah, I saw that about LF. As if the show wasn't centered enough around his character last season? Don't they know that less is more? If they eased up a little bit maybe so many people wouldn't be irritated by the character. But some are just irritated because the character has taken over. I never felt that way when Grissom was there.

Most fans never wanted to dislike the new character, but the constant shoving of the character down the viewers' throat is grating on many fans' nerves. They need to pull back just a tad. Or at the very least, as I've suggested before have him be in scenes with the other characters more and less scenes alone or alone with suspects/witnesses and it would even out the screentime for everyone a little.

While he'd be in nearly every scene, it would be less annoying if he was in most of those scenes with the other main characters (so long as it alternated between characters and wasn't where all of his scenes were with just Doc or just Sara or just Cath or whomever). We have barely gotten any interaction between Ray and Greg (one or two scenes). They should have Ray and Greg be in more scenes together.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

On the Greg thing, remember in season 4 when Nick and Sara were up for the same 'Lead CSI' position, but they ran out of money???
    That could be Greg's new job.

Sara is there for the short term, Nicky has been promoted to Cath's right hand man, and now that leaves Greg. Possibly now that Grissom is gone, Ecklie is the new Undersheriff and Riley is also gone there is now more money for a 'Lead CSI'. That's what I'm thinking.

About Ray, Laurence is a GREAT actor, but I'm still not feeling him as CSI material. My theory is that the premiere will be about Ray. The title Family Affair could be about his family. In the finale if you remember, we saw pictures of his family and a note from his sister.

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^ Or they'll defy logic again and give the job to Ray. In which case I go like this: :scream::scream::scream:

I'm looking forward to seeing Greg gripe. I feel he's been left out.

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Isn't that what we all want, more about Laurence Fishbournes character??? :rolleyes: Man, they really don't get it, do they??? I still don't get what they want with that. The cause that so many of us can't really watch the show with Langston is that he was shoved down our throats the past season and now they want to make it all better with what??? More Langston??? I'm sure that will work :rolleyes:

I still hope that this will be a good season for all the actors who have always been faithful standing to the show, even they never got the attention they deserve...

14. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

More Lawrence Fishburne centric??? Is that even possible after last season?? Do they honestly think that they're going to win back the viewers they lost when Billy Petersen left by (well put by NickyFan) shoving Langston down everybodies throats???

They may as well get rid of Marg, George, Eric, Paul, Robert and the rest of the cast, change the name to 'The Lawrence Fishburne Show' and bloody well have done with it!

The diehard fans don't want to know more about Langston. They want more Greggo, Nick, Catherine, Doc Robbins,, Brass and the Lab Rats.

It seems to me the TPTB have totally lost focus and forgotten that it was these characters we all loved in the first place. Without them, the fabulous actors that play them and, credit where it's due, the writers for coming up with some kick ass episodes and storylines, the show would've been cancelled years ago!

Maybe they're all so blinded by LF "the big star" and think we all are too. The show was doing perfectly fine without him, and would probably be a lot better if he left IMO.

Sorry if I've offended anyone. It just makes me SOOOO ANGRY!!!!

Here endeth the rant lol!
    CSIL3Willows
    -x-

15. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

I think they called it the "Key Position". Which was always cause for crude comments in my house. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.