Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Mr. Jingles - My stepbrother rented this because of the cover. He's a horror movie fan and the cover shows a murderous clown. Really scary looking one too. Anyway, I just watched it and it is the worst movie I have ever seen. I'm serious. First off, it looks like it was filmed on a cellphone. The sound quality is horrible. Secondly, the acting is atrocious. The whole story is this girl who's parents were killed when she was four (Although it was the same actress playing the character during the whole thing) by this evil clown named Mr. Jingles. She gets sent to a mental institution but moves back with her aunt on her 19th birthday. I don't even want to go ibnto the rest. Anyway, the clown looked nothing like the one on the cover. It seriously looks like they spent 15 bucks on the movie. If that. Never under any circumstances watch that movie. It is a waste of 80 minutes.

2. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

A Perfect Murder with Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow and Viggo Mortensen. Well I thought this should be a good movie because of the actors and the title, but actually the title sounds better than the movie is. It is such a boring thriller. There is definitely no need to talk about that movie. Well if you like you can watch it but imo it's not necessary!:shifty:

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Inglourious Basterds- very good but very long. i like Tarantino i can sit through most of his movies, i did sit throught this one but i could not wait for it to be over. of course like all of Tarantino's movies he has long conversations and this was no exception. there was a lot of subtitles which i didn't mind at all b/c it made the scenes and situations more real but having to read these long conversations in subtitles gets tiring after a while. Brad Pitt was awesome and hysterical. the best person to me was Diane Krueger she was really good. i give all the actors in the movie who had to speak German or French or both languages a lot of credit especially with the German.

Du Barry Was A Lady- Gene Kelly, Lucille Ball, Red Skelton, and Zero Mostel. very good. one of Gene Kelly's earlier films. Red Skelton was funny and didn't go outrageously overboard. i liked seeing and hearing Tommy Dorsey, my grandma listen to them all the time.

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Inglorious Basterds - Awesome movie. If this movie doesn't get an Oscar Nomination, I will be pissed! When I first saw rhe promo, I thought it looked corny and ridiculously stupid. But, man, was I wrong. It was good. I really enjoyed Tarantino's story telling. Christoph Novak who plays Colonel Landon stole the show for me. Brad Pitt was great, but don't expect him to be in every minute of the movie. He's only in half. The ending caught me by surprise. I thought the movie was great. 4.5/5 from me!

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw District 9 last night (finally) and MAN it's amazing! I was tense and stressed the whole movie, it was just that real and gritty. It was clearly a sort of analogous social commentary on on some real world situations, but I won't start waxing political here... Suffice it to say that this film was extremely well done, the acting was excellent, and the effects were miraculous and seamless. I highly recommend it to anyone who's even slightly intrigued about it.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We saw JULIA-JULIE yesterday Meryl Streep as Julia Child, a very annoyning voice but she nailed it, she was magnificent, & amazing, as always, She and her husband played by Stanley Tucci, [he worked for the American Embassy in Paris] also fantastic, lived in Paris in 1949. And she went to cooking school, to not tell the whole story for those who haven't seen it, she was a total trip:eek: Always up-beat, postive and so happy. A very tall women, she kicked butt in ths school, and beat out all the men. she could cook anything with such expartise, unbeliveable. The other part, was a girl named Julie, who's idol was Julia, [in New York] and how she wrote a cookbook, many accidents, while in this learning process, that were very funny the lobster one:lol:So many stories within this movie, I highly recommend it to all~ A+

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I finally saw the film adaptation of Audrey Niffenigger's novel, The Time Traveler's Wife. It was really good, almost a faithful adaptation but as what commonly happens when a novel is made into a movie, some elements of the written word are lost when it makes the transition onto the silver screen. Some parts of the book weren't even included in the film, understandably due to time constraints of telling a story in less than 2 hours. Most notably, the ending of the film was completely different from that of the book.

I recommend this film, even to those who haven't read the novel.

8. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Higher Learning

I pretty much watched it for Tyra Banks, but it was SOOO breath-takingly awesome I would have loved it without Tyra! I didn't read a summary before watching it, so I had no clue what it was going to be like. I love watching movies about racism, because this is something that I care about a lot. If only I could change the world and cancel racism forever *sigh* This movie made me cry so hard, though I generally don't get emotional about movies at all.

Next time, please let me know when Tyra Banks' character dies in a movie that I'm about to watch. I wasn't prepared, so it was horrible and heart-wrenching to watch. Just imagine your biggest celebrity crush like "dying". I know it was just the character, but still...)

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

My sis gave me and my bf 5 free tickets because we helped her to move, so went to see two movies this week (and he gets to keep the 5th and see District 9)

G.I. Joe
    Okay, this is again my bf's movie, I don't mind since it's all action packed and I guess it doesn't frustrate me because I don't know the background. He was upset that there was 15 years of comics stuffed to one movie. I kind of liked, lots of action and Dennis Quaid being "Tha Man" :lol:
    Then again my bf's words: movie made for those 14 year olds rather than those who have read the comics whole their lives. So I guess this may be more entertaining if you haven't read

Inglorious Basterds

It was premiere and what can I say that hasn't said before. Very Tarantino like, I just love the fact that these movies prove that mr. Pitt can actually act and isn't just "pretty boy" what he mostly was expected ever since Thelma and Lousie (like Leo, I disliked him for a decade until recents movies) I guess I expected to see Bastards more in the movie, so it bit surprised that it wasn't the main point. I liked the movie, end is guaranteed Tarantino :lol:
    One what I have to say is Christoper Waltz and his character Landa. Waltz did a kickass role, IMO the best in the movie and dude, he deserves some awards :eek:

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I agree about Basterds! If Christoph Waltz doesn't get an Oscar, I will be PISSED!

11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Taking Woodstock. It was interesting to see how it all came together, and there were a lot of amusing moments along the way. It was a pretty groovy little movie, although I was surprised how little the actual festival and music came into play during the film... Still, I enjoyed it. Say, like 7 out of 10.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

and aiden's in it!! :eek::lol: i only found that out by seeing the trailer today :)

last week i saw the final destination 3d - i love those films anway because i love stuff that's preposterous and silly and whatnot, and it totally fit the bill - it was gory, funny, bonkers and just perfect really. obviously i didn't give a crap about any of the characters - there being zero character development, but that's not the point in final destination - the point is to predict how outrageously they can make someone die. plus chief sinclair was in it (a nice neat circle i guess, given that kerr smith from the first one also ended up in csi:ny!).

i saw two films today (well, technically yesterday)...

the hurt locker - one of the most genuinely shocking and utterly, thoroughly depressing films i've ever seen - god, i LOVED it. it was *incredible* - i was trying to say to a friend earlier that i thought it was fantastic but i'm not sure i'd want to see it again because i left the cinema feeling totally floored. i cry at just about anything in films (odd, i never cry at real life stuff...) but that went way beyond crying at a film - i was just sitting there shocked and upset but kind of :wtf::wtf: as well. two scenes in particular were just horrific, but it was so well made and had a massive impact.

500 days of summer - i kind of needed something light and frothy after the other film so i went to this as some friends had raved about it. it was sooo cute. i am really not a fan of romcoms on the whole - i hate mushy slushiness, i don't do romance and generally they just irritate me (generally i'd much rather see a totally miserable, depressing, cynical film than a romance any day) but this was a rare exception - it was really cute, it didn't overplay the mush, and omg the soundtrack was wonderful. a film based on two people who get together over a shared love of the smiths, the clash, joy division and belle and sebastian was never going to be bad - i'm so going to buy the soundtrack, even though i have all those tracks already. i found myself singing along and dancing in my seat a few times, which was probably a bit weird but nice anyway. oh and i just adore zooey deschanel, i always have - she's quirky and absolutely bloody gorgeous!

i suspect i'll be getting the dvd of all 3 of them :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i saw 500 Days of Summer two weeks ago. i loved it it was so adorable. i went with my friend who is a film major and he loved it as well. Zooey Deschanel never ceases to amaze me and Joseph-Gordon Levitt was brilliant. it was so different and refreshing to watch.

The Rocketeer- old Disney movie but i love it it was one of my favorite as a kid. i crack up whenever i see Melora Hardin from The Office singing in the club scene and the sheriff from True Blood is in the movie as well. i noticed that this movie is almost like watching a film made back in the 40s during the war: the production values were almost identical as the ones like the 40s ie: how does it benefit the war? does it show the value of good vs. evil? stuff like that.

14. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

The Knowing with Nicholas Cage. It was an okay movie up until about the last third when it left the chance of being plasable for even a science fiction/fantasy movie. I was watching it with my brother and his fiancee and they agree that something was definitely off about it.

Before that I saw the new Star Trek movie which I really enjoyed. I also watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince that I loved even more than the fifth installment.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

Last movie I saw was The Ruins my boyfriend and I finally got to see it before I went to college. The movie rocked the effects were awesome and realistic! Even better was the idea of the story and it was orginal something I hadn't seen about fifty times in other horror/suspense movies.

Final Destination 2
    Yes I know an old movie but I hadn't ever watched the whole thing before and I loved it. These movies used to creep me out but now I don't mind watching them, and now cause I could laugh at some of the ways people die in these movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.