Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Sooo true and I think they are going to have a hard time replacing Adam as well. B/ let's face it; Eddie is his replacement. I just can't see Eddie and his acting style fitting into this show. So let's hope it ALL works out some way or another.

I want to see the lab rats again too....I mean they ignore Valera way too much. Her character is great...they should have made her a series regular a long time ago.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know... I kind of think he'll fit in well (I hope). I guess that's just because I remember him from Baywatch Nights. :lol:

I totally agree about Valera. Why is Miami the only CSI show not to add a labrat in the opening credits? :lol:

3. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Hope the new ME has no kids, a bullet-proof vest and an extreme distaste for narcotics! Life is hard down there in Miami! :thumbsup:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it'd be okay if he had an adult child or two. :)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Add a really good sense of humor too.

6. mrs.wolfetogo

mrs.wolfetogo Civilian

when is season 8 of csi miami going to be posted on the episode guide???

7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I would love to see Valera, Dave Benton and Mike Travers more often. They all add a little something extra to the show for example, I loved seeing Mike out of the lab in Dissolved:thumbsup:

Thanks texmex327 for the link about the new ME.:thumbsup:
    I thought Christian Clemonson did an excellent job in Boston Legal and while he isn't KA, I think he'll do better than Tara; I agree with VirGodess1923 that she was too young for the job.

I completely agree. It isn't just her personality, but the way she mothered everyone.

:lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

8. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

and the way she took care of the bodies...I love watching autopsies in seasons 1-6 cos she is just so caring towards them! I still remember when Tara said to Kyle 'you dont have to be careful with him, he is dead'...:wtf:...?!ya! but he is most probably murdered so have sympathy!?!:shifty:

I love Trevers too! Love his accent! I think it really adds something to the show!...prob cos I live in London! :lol::lol:

9. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I loved Alexx's monologues with her "patients". I'm a big NCIS fan and Ducky. Their M.E. is very much cut from the same cloth. It's a very humanizing trait in the face of the horor of the untimely death. In the fictional world, I would not be disappointed to find that Ducky and Alexx knew each other in medical school or that he had been her mentor as a coroner. Ducky seems a far bit older than Alexx. and more than able to be an impression upon her, the human element in any autopsy...that she is the final voice to the victim. Ducky is so sweet and caring that it easily echoes into Alexx's gentleness and humanity.

I miss our, dear, beloved Alexx. I haven't seen Khandi's HBO series simply because I don't have HBO, but I hope it's a blockbuster for Khandi.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You're so right:thumbsup: Alexx saw it as her duty to be as respectful as possible (her final speech in Rock and A Hard Place explained it all). IMHO,Tara just saw it as her job; clinical and nothing more (Tara seemed cold to me in general anyway--of course maybe I am biased because I love Alexx)

I think with Dave Benton, Mike Trevers and Valera they have a trio of pretty good lab rats with interesting personalities.

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I didn't dislike Tara. She just never hit any notes with me. She was just kinda there, and her clinical, get-to-work nature made her all the more monotonous. Alexx's kindess towards the dead added depth to her character and made her more memorable.

NEW PAGE*

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

For me, Tara came off a little drab and bitter but at the same time they didn't really go into depth with her character. The drug addiction was rushed in and in retrospect seemed out of place as she was normal and responsible at the beginning

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

To be honest I really didn't dislike her either. I just couldn't warm up to her. I guess I really wouldn't be able to warm up to anyone who wasn't Alexx.

I don't know a lot about addiction, but can't that happen to someone who becomes addicted? They start out being normal and responsible beforehand and because they have to have that fix, they do things that they wouldn't do otherwise? I might be wrong about this but didn't the origin of Tara's addiction possibly start during Divorce Party when she reinjuried her shoulder when the gazebo fell on her?

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I think its ambiguous as to whether she had it before or after Divorce Party but the episode seems to imply that she started in that ep

15. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

With Tara, I really wonder whether it was TPTB that screwed the character, not the actress herself. The casting people already said they were not high on the actress in the first place, so I wonder if the way the character was written was set up to make it fail. If so, that was cold and uncalled for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.