Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I would be ok with that, but I can't believe that Eric would walk away from her even after 7 years of friendship. We have waited this long for them to be together and for the writers to end it like this is crazy. I hope they know what they are doing.

2. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I think Eric's main problem is that he couldn't believe that Calleigh didn't trust him.
    I re-watched the last episode of season 7 a few days ago and if you knew that Eric hasn't been crossing the line, you will see that Calleigh assumed a lot of things. E.g. she assumed the phone call about the car was from Sherova, the fact that she assumed that Eric's talked to his father, she assumed that Eric was thinking about crossing the line and she assumed he was fleeing the crime scene...So if you see it from Eric's point of view, I don't blame him for being mad! After all, in a relationship you are suppose to trust the other person.
    But what I don't get is how they STILL haven't spoken to each other after 5 episodes?!surely the perfect moment would be when Eric woke up at the hospital! and IMO, I don't think they could go back to being just friends and working together like nothing's happened...this better not be the reason of Eric's departure!:mad:
    I really hope that tptb will resolve their problem and we will get our proper make out session! I think we've waited long enough to deserve some happy ending! lol. :devil:

Long live E/C!:lol:

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am still puzzled as to why they choose this type of ending for the lovecouple they hyped so last season. Do you having any idea as to why they would choose this ending for the ship? I understand the mistrust thing but 7 years of friendship and some loving last season. AND they still stand a world apart??????? I hope someone in here can explain or argue for this ending b/c I donĀ“t understand

By the way where are the rest of the hiphuggerclan - look around - have you abonded ship?

4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

A lot of hiphuggers are just hanging around and content with just reading the opinions of other "more vocal" EC shippers.
    Its fun to read all the different speculations and opinions and I agree with a lot of them. I have decided to just "wait and see" on where they're taking the relationship and hoping that they would give it a happy ending.
    For sure I am not ready to abandon ship just yet!

5. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Im still excited about this season just because Im curious on how all of this is going to play out. Yes, Im mad at the fact that there seems as if there will be no more e/c ship, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. Question for you guys :confused:....
    from what you guys know now via spoilers and tweets, how do you see this ending? Or better yet how do you see or hope this scene play out? Im not expecting this big scene where they confront each other and express their feelings but I am hoping that they will at least admit to each other that they need to talk.....clear the air.....come to terms with their relationship. Are they gonna work on staying together as a couple or are they gonna just be friends? I hope the writers go that rout, that will make me much happier.

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think you are completely right....

She said she trusted him with every fiber of her being and yet in the finale she questions him at every turn.

On the other hand, look at it from her pov too.....Eric, when he wants to help someone, tends to put blinders on and she was trying to protect him in way b/c he doesn't know his father. I really got the impression that he was going on big leap of faith by even trusting his father. And he didn't tell her that he was communicating with his dad or what he was even planning. He had plenty of opportunities to tell her. I mean what would you think? Would you think he didn't trust you enough to tell you?

I think they are both to blame to some extent. Neither of them were "open" with the other when it came to this situation. And everything that happened after just made the whole situation worse.

And to be honest, going on the spoilers for ep 803, he did look like he was fleeing the scene even though he says he wasn't. That was the first thing that came to my mind. And the reason why he probably didn't tell her he was going to be there was b/c she said she didn't want to see him cross that line....but he did drive, rather fast, through a crime scene/shootout....how did he think it was going to look?

I just hope the writers, even if not in 805, at some point this season give us our due and make us happy. You can't work on something for 7 years and then just let it leave with the actor.

I mean, according to Eric's words, they are broken up early on in the season. I don't or didn't expect this to be resolved over one ep but given that you, the writer, now know that Adam is leaving don't you think you owe it to the fans to at least work torwards the resolution or leave us with some sort of hope that even though he is gone this ship isn't? These writers really do suck at times.

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Not to worry, Ajbuckly, nobody has abandoned this ship :). There may not be as many posts as usual, but just look at the number of views that this thread has compared to others. We're on our 170th ( or so) post, and there are already over 12,000 views. Not too bad for a fairly new thread don't you agree :thumbsup:? Compare that to other ships' threads, and you'll see that there are a lot more fans reading and visiting ours. It's just that the spoilers kind of took the wind out of us, didn't they :(!

8. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I am still staying positive for our couple...waiting patiently for the season premiere..Even though Adam is leaving it would be nice if the writers kept them together. CSI Miami has never been good in the romance department. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

NOW ......there you are:lol:.

Well; have you given the scenes some thoughts? I am still checking thearyprices:guffaw:.

How long are the news of XXX going to be in spoilerland? Granted the actual scenes have to be but .......

I am just asking because I sometimes forget:guffaw:Do you all of hiphuggerclan think writers will really try and minimize the E/C relationship (perhaps even their ending) so we will not get any answer to most of our questions? What was said when they break up? I think the answer to that one is important as to ship futrue later on.

I do have more .....and will return soon. As for the rest of clan .....please do return as we should send them on their way clanstyle.;)

10. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I agree with you...
    with everything that happened in 7.25 Eric really looked as if he was crossing the line. I guess tptb got what they wanted, I bet they wanted us all to think that Eric is crossing the line like Calleigh, then we will all go 'OHH!!' when we found out that is not the case...they are good writers after all!:p
    Also, he was trying to argue for Sherova when he said 'you don't know him!' to Calleigh as if he and Sherova were best pals! and he was refusing to believe that Sherova was involved when there's a picture showing Sherova's face in the car...if I were Calleigh I'd think something was up!
    It's all due to the lack of communication and tptb clearly doesn't want them to communicate till later episodes!

I just hope that tptb knows what they are doing...

I really hope they won't minimise their relationship but I also know that there are quite a few out there that would be really quite happy if E/C story line stops so I just don't know who tptb would listen to.

I think that tptb will answer our questions such as why they broke up but I don't think it will be from a scene with the two of them confronting each other, but from say Natalia talking to Eric/Calleigh talking to Ryan.

But on the other hand, I don't think this 'break-up' between them will last for very long so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will eventually get our E/C babies in the later episodes!

Besides, if Emily gets pregnant, tptb wil need to explain it and it will just be a lot easier if she was in a relationship with Eric as it's very un-Calleigh-like to fall in love with a randomer and have a baby in less then a couple of months.

E/C together forever!~

11. delkolover

Oh believe me I am not giving up....I am just pissed at how the writers seem to be handling this. I mean god forbid they get thrown a curve ball and have to deviate from their original plan!! Talk about not being able to diversify!

That is what is pissing me off about all this.....I'm sure at some point somehow E/C will be resolved but right now they are crapping the bed imo.

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I agree with you there. Just because they couldn't make it work with any of the other of the couples on the show does not mean that they can not make it work with this couple.

They exude sexiness when these two are onscreen together. Seven years of build up for a few moments of happiness is not going to keep the 'shippers happy.

I am going to 'ship these two until there is no more show left. They belong together, it's a fairytale made in Miami...(please excuse my cheesiness...LOL)

The only thing I ask is that the writers have enough sense to give the fans of this ship the proper ending. I don't want to see them end it on a bad not because they do not deserve that. They have fought hard for this relationship. Be at least aware enough of what you are doing before you completely destroy it. They should get a happy ending.

13. delkolover

I am not afraid that they won't give it a happy ending at some point.... I am afraid that when he leaves they won't do anything at all and it will just be left hanging there in limbo until he comes back! If he even comes back...they don't know for sure that will agree to come back when they want him to. That is what scares me most. Their inability to diversify or change lanes and go in another direction on the fly....so things needed to happen a little faster than you originally wanted...so frickin what? If you are the great writers you always seem to pat yourselves on the back to be, then you could make it work. And given that the fans know he is leaving....I would be willing to suspend disblief for a moment...its not like you aren't/haven't asked us to do that before! And again if you are the great writers you claim to be, then ,even though it would be rushed, you could make it work.

I mean from the very beginning they touted this ship to be this steamy sexy UST filled couple and they really frickin dropped the ball when the moment came to getting them togehter. They did a great job with SGIYCS but they didn't follow through on all the UST they built up. Instead they did a little kissing scene that alluded to something happening between them after. Don't get me wrong the scene was cute but would it have been so hard to actually "show" us something going on between them? After 7 frickin years though, I don't alluded to I want to actually SEE something....call me greedy but after it was how you (tptb) built it to the fans to be....bottom line, in the end, I think we are going to get screwed....and not in a good way!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  14. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

I still cn't beliive they will let it end that way. I mean why built up such a solid friendship and relationship to have it end that way...I could have come to terms with the fact that he had to switch to nightshifts but this... THis shouldn't break them apart. I mean the reason why callieigh wasn't sure was I think also the friendfactor. It just doesn't make sense.
    I hope he'll come back in the future and they could resolve it because...I'm kinda heartbroken over this. THey shouldn't have brought them together then. THe indeed owe it to us to make it a 'happy 'end. I know I won't watch every episode anymore...Maybe i won't even watch at all.. This hurts, that's maybe stupid but it does.

And I can understand the trust thing, him helping his father and her questinioning his every move. But she has to, he gives her no reason not to. ANd if they were just friends, I know there wouldn't have been any problem but okay in a relationship it's diffirent but they know each other to well. I'm just really sad about this.

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Don't worry gals, I'll never give up on EC, they are just perfect for each other. It's just that I'm taking a break on this whole site, because it became so unfriendly... The only thread I'm visiting is this one. I really haven't posted in a while, but be sure I'm reading everything you write.

I really hope they will have a happy ending. To be honest I would have preferred if they both left the show together. If Adam is the only one to go, I will still want to watch the show because of Emily, but at the same time it will be very painful to watch. The best would be if Adam was in and out of the show in season 8 so they could keep up with their relationship. Maybe he will quit but stay in Miami; maybe they will decide to fix their relationship, because it's worth fixing.... I just think that they are way to got to break up without fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.