Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well if Adams twit(?) are correct. He is just transfering to nightshift or whatever. After the IA investigation one is forced to leave due to companyrules or ANYTHING like that. Giving character probable cause to return "so and so" in this season and when new characters and other storylines have taken over the scene he can slowly drop out. Horatios note will then just be to let him whereever he is ......he is not far from rest mainly H.
    Last season high ratings as to the kiss will proberly cause show(writers and all) to include yet another lovestory later this year. Any character then Calleigh will do unless they by some stroke of genius let this ship couple resovle things off screen and have a wedding end this season. You know hiphuggerclan is a fight to the death clan;).

But suddenly I doubt which sort of ending I would prefer for Eric Delko. At the moment I am for: He should NEVER return to work and be in terapy for the remain of the season. Then last two episodes he says goodbye. By then hopefully for the show viewers are caught up in other storylines. But this popping in and out for the remain part of the season. Hmmmm

I fear that that could:
    1. make people(notposter) hope, that he might return. Thereby not having all (fans) commit to new storylines or new characters.
    2. do damage to Ericcharacter or Calleighcharacter. How will they let her get on with her life, if he pops in and out of there? Even if you dislike hiphuggerstoryline. As a fan of Calleighcharacter it would IMO be odd if she could move on so quickly. (Given how much characteremotion they spend on her part for this storyline)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

WARNING: this post isn't intended to offend anyone ;)

Well....probably I'm one of the very few people (possibely the only one, actually LOL) who's actually enjoying this season so far. Don't get me wrong I'd rather see Eric still in the lab, but except for the way he's gonna leave the lab & the reason for it (I still have to understand it 'cause, quite frankly, is quite confusing :confused:) anything actually makes sense.

Let's not deny that a huge amount of people got tired b/c of a certain thing (whoever understands what I'm meaning gets a cake :p) and it was kind of impossible to go on without either Adam or Emily leaving the show. So the idea of Adam leaving the show makes completely sense. IDK whether it's really b/c of some very bad contract negiotiations or not....all I know is that Adam is leaving...not matter what you guys want to believe.

BTW how is that possible that without any official confirmation by Khandi Alexander (I highly doubt that she would have used tweeter for this kind of stuff too) everyone believed she was gonna leave the show just b/c of a spoiler??? And now everyone tend to be kind of "meh" about the news of Adam leaving, news which were posted by some "serious site" (despite what you guys think about them)? Seriously, I don't get it. I understand your fear of having your fav. actor leaving the show you learned to love, I do, but I really don't understand why you have to be soo skeptical about it even when he's the one who posted on his tweeter some kind of confirmation. It's his personal page, no matter what you want to think of it.

He will never give an official confirmation about that 'cause even Rory and Khandi never did so when it was their time...so, why are you all waiting for it?

Anyway, back to the topic, Eric leaving the lab makes sense to me especially after what happened in these years. I wish Eric had left the lab right after the bullet in his head back in s5, so that I wouldn't have had to dislike him for anything he did. But, they decided to destroy him and then let him go b/c of a reason which actually doesn't suit very well. IDK it does seem all too rushed, but hey that's probably why I'm not a writer :lol:

Let's say that the plots kind of make sense. The real problem is how TPTB handled both spoilers and actors.

You just can't publish a spoiler like the season premiere one saying that Rory is gonna be back when you're not 100% sure the actor is actually gonna be part of it. For god's sake they knew Rory and they knew it was entirely possible he was gonna turned them down. He did it, way to go TPTB!!!! Way to show your power!!!! Kudo to Rory for this one :lol:

Plus they decided to go on with this storyline which actually is still kind of cool, though I'll never accept the idea of Ryan meeting Calleigh back in 1997 and when it's time to actually meet her during s3...he doesn't recognize her. It's just impossible especially right after I saw the pic of Calleigh in 1997, she was exactly the same one the old one :shifty:

Eddie Cibrian....this one makes me laugh out so hard :guffaw:Sorry, but you just can't go on pretending he's not gonna replace anyone for months right when it's pretty clear he was hired as a replacement. It's just stupid, to me! But we know that TPTB can do that, unfortunately.

And what about the actors who are already on the show? IDK it seems that execpt for Eddie and a little bit of comic scenes with Emily & Jonathan, there's not gonna be that much of Rex and Eva...as always.

Plus Eva & Emily are the only women left on the show? Oh for god's sake add a woman to this show!!!! :scream::lol:

Anyway, it's just a matter of actors/actresses/contracts and so on & so forth 'cause the storylines, at least IMHO, are kind of cool :thumbsup:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'll take that piece of cake, Flo. ;)
    A few months ago I wasn't looking forward to the season, but I am with you on this, I am actually looking forard to it now. There's always going to be a few things that I'm pessemistic about (Eva screentime, & new people) but it sounds like tptb are trying to get things back & I do have to give them some credit for that -- plus I'm incredibly anxious to see H back in the lab & more science!

I don't like Eric's send-off, but only because it sounds lame to me, & because it irks me to no end that this is something they should have had Eric do a long time ago (not leave but figure out his life)!

I can understand fans wanting resolution with e/c, but alot of us have had to sit through enough of that already, & it isn't supposed to be about them - that's been a complaint from numerous fans. Eric's first shooting is the angle they used in pushing this romance (sorry but it was no 7 year build-up, imo), & it's the second shooting & brain surgery that's seemingly ending it, so imo, it actually makes a lot of sense. That's just me & I know some don't agree, that's fine.
    As much as I will miss Adam/Eric, I'm ready for his exit to come in so tptb can move on to other, more refreshing storylines.

4. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

kay so im pretty sure that emily procter is still on miami but something intrigues me a little. when asked about their romance when she revealed adam was leaving she said that they got caught up in some "poor contract negotiations" but I confirmed that emily did sign on for two more seasons in the same buddytv article but it didn't reveal the status of adams contract, also tvguide has never confirmed an emily exit as they did with adam

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

What article said that emily re-signed with the show? Can you post that link?

6. Urockmaworld

Urockmaworld Hit and Run

I have to agree with most of the people that the show needs more women..
    I really dont want them to add a new character/actor, they should just make Boti/Valera a Regular..For heaven's sake put her name in the Credits..
    She has been there for the longest time....From Season 2 tilll Season 7...
    Longer than Eva....

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG you know what funny? In one of Adam's tweets he said to his impersonator something like 'i appreciate that u wanna be me, but dont, be youself and u'll feel better' and two other tweets about it too, lol!:lol:

Florry, I like your rant. I think the confirmation of Adam's departure will be when we watch that episode where he last appears and we just dont see him again. Then we'll know he's gone. Besides, Adam says he's happy to start a new thing.

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

9. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I'm still looking forward to the season. I kinda knew before that Adam was going to leave for a bit, so at least the speculation stifled the blow.

I'm excited to get to know Jesse, and so long as they don't overdo him and continue to neglect Nat & Ryan in favor of him, then I won't hold his presence or Adam's absence against him.

My only big gripe is: Who is walter and whyyyy???

10. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

GOD i can't wait till csi miami starts season 8 it's gunna be awesome :)

11. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Adam's leaving?. My goodness there won't be any original characters left on the show at this rate.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks for posting this "promo", though I can't watch it since I'm not American :)rolleyes:, this always irks me...sorry).
    Can someone upload it also for the non-American people, pretty please? I'd like to hear what they have to say about s8 LOL

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'll take a piece of cake, too! ;)

I pretty much agree with everything you guys have said. I'm terribly sorry to see Adam go. I've said before that I would much prefer it be Emily. I think there is still a lot of potential with Eric and I think Calleigh is played out. It was all I could do to hold on through the E/C drama - and I believe it ain't over yet! :rolleyes:

Adam deserves the best send off that these writers can possibly come up with. He has been with the show since day one. If David or Emily were to decide it's time to leave they would deserve the best the writers can do as well. Apparently these writers just don't have it in them. And it's sad that after all the years Adam has been on this show all they can appear to come up with is this lame send off. Then again, they never allowed his character to address his best friends death, so maybe Adam expected it. :(

I hope Adam has a wonderfully successful film career (and hopefully finds time to "drop in" and visit CSIM once in a great while)! :thumbsup:

I'll be happy to see Horatio back in the lab. I hope that means he'll have a chance to work more with Natalia. I like their working relationship. She lightens him up. (In a non-shipper way.) I hope Horatio and Kyle spend more time together. I hope Julia is done. While I began to feel more sympathy for her character towards the end - enough of her already. And lose the "Super-H" crap! He's my favorite character, but I liked him better when he was just plain old human Horatio.

If Alexx returns I will be over the moon! :thumbsup:

If Calleigh leaves I can't see myself shedding any tears. I just have no interest in her character and her story anymore. She's completely lost my respect. And I sincerely and truly hope that there is little or no scenes between Horatio and Calleigh. The amazing chemistry those two characters shared in season 1-3 is dead. Let the dead rest in peace. Team her with anyone else. She and Ryan always worked well together - NON-SHIPPER, please. Calleigh and Frank are always a hoot to watch as well.

More Ryan, Natalia and Frank. How many ways do we have to say it? PLEASE!!!!! I'm begging. :scream:

I'm excited for the new guy. I'm really looking forward to what he might bring to the show and I'm more than willing to give him a chance.

This show has some incredibly talented actors that for some reason TPTB have decided they should restrain with no screen time and/or really bad stories. Give them the material to work with and they can take this show to new heights! Ratings don't necessarily equal quality. And if you lose a few people because you shift focus from the superficial T&A and romance storylines back to the victims, the crimes and the science, maybe in the long run it's worth it. And the cast and crew, as well as the fans, may find a whole new reason to reinvest in this show. :)

Kill the romantic relationships!! They're boring as hell. :scream: This is a crime show not a soap opera. Put the focus where it belongs - on the crime, the science and the victims.

Truly and sincerely not meant to offend:

I don't mean to be rude but I'm curious. I know I've seen you post this in the past that your cousin stated a CSI Miami actor asked him to represent him and your cousin turned him down. Only in that post you named the actor.

I doubt many people are going to need to PM you. They can guess which actor you are referring to. He's a popular target. The specifics of your cousin's encounter is none of my business and I'm surprised as a professional that your cousin doesn't consider the encounter to be confidential.

So my question is, is this meant to insinuate that in your opinion "this actor's" attitude, if it exists, is responsible for everything that is wrong on this show?

I don't want to start a fight or offend anyone either. But your cousin had interaction with one individual that he didn't care for. Fair enough. Nobody is going to like everyone. I have reports from people I trust that someone other than this actor is a serious problem on that set.

It's going to happen in any situation where you have a number of people working together who are as inherently opportunistic and egotistic as actors are. Heck, it happens in my office everyday and we're not actors! I give them a whole lot of credit for making it work for so long. And whether we like it or not a sh*tload of people worldwide watch this show! So somebody likes what they're seeing. That's why it's so hard to get TPTB to listen to the changes we want.

In the end it is up to the showrunner to get control of her set. The buck stops with Ann Donahue. I just think if we don't like how a particular storyline is going - she's the lady to see. It doesn't seem fair to pass judgment on the actors or to insinuate that from hearing of a past third party encounter, that someone deserves to be held responsible for things that may not be under his, or her, control.

I learned that from a very good teacher - thanks Flo! ;)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  14. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I agree with you! I don't really see him as a replacement for Eric but just a new addition to the team! I think it's nice to see new faces! Really looking forward to his character development and the rest.

I think, and I hope, he may just be like the old computer guy that nearly got Calleigh killed...what's his name...Dan! and like Trevor and Sementha. Small but known role.

15. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

I'm sorry. I just have to say this, which I have been trying to hold off on.. but I think CSI: Miami will tank without its big stars David C, Emily P and Adam R. I can't even believe that he's leaving. And if Emily leaves....and this rumor about Horatio dying in episode 4 is true....then what will be the fate of this show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.