Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

So it's most likely Eric's good bye to the Miami. All I can say is the way they wrote it is the worst idea ever. I can't believe they pay these people for writing something so bad. They could as well leave it to me and I'm sure I'd do it a lot better.

2. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

I just posted this up on the Adam board and it looks like
    he has stated that he is indeed leaving. No more hearing it from Eva or Emily. he stated on his twitter in response to someone he knows, i quote "yeah! looks like this is it! i'll be in and out throughout season 8 and then on to new endeavors!!! i'm really excited!!!"

so there you go. Like I said before about episode 5, i didnt think that would be his last epi. Anything could change but this could be his sort of good bye. not sure.

Also im not sure if it had to be in spoiler boxes cause I rarely come here but I put it there just in case. Also I dont think he meant for everybody to see that because he responded that he was responding to his messages inbox and that he's still trying to learn technology or sumthing like that to his friend Keith

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm glad he's excited about moving on, but I will miss the Eric character.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm not in denial that he's leaving or anything, I've come to accept it, but is this twitter page legit? After all the EP stuff that came about & what I read on there, I just have to wonder/ask.
    Nothing offensive to Adam or anything, but some confirmation directly to the fans/viewers would be nice opposed to seeing it in tweets replying to a pal.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

No need for spoiler boxes in this thread. :) :cool:

That's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully he won't be opposed to doing a few episodes here and there as a guest star sometime down the road. Despite that he's not my favourite character by any means, it's nice to see former cast members/characters show up from time to time -- especially since it looks like they aren't killing him off (woohoo!). :lol:

Let's hope this doesn't turn out as corny as it's sounding. :p Sometimes I feel like the writers would rather dabble in fan fiction. Other than that, the episode as a whole sounds okay so far.

And I'm with everyone -- the show definitely needs more women.

Yeah, I agree. I really think it's time we had an official confirmation since whenever any character/actor left any of the three CSI shows, we found out about it pretty far in advance from TPTB and co. Although if it's some kind of rating ploy for the element of surprise, I'm not sure it'll make a vast difference come episode day. *shrug*

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  6. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Well, if Adam's tweet about moving on is true, he did say he'll be "in and out" through Season 8. So even if episode 5 is Eric's last episode as a CSI, it sounds like Adam's at least open to popping back in a few times this season. This gives me some hope that maybe episode 5 isn't "Adam's Last Episode Ever".

7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Yes, his twitter page is legit. His Yahoo fan group owner has confirmed it. Sad to see him go, really, but wish him the best of luck.

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

So I guess "It is Done"

If that's the case, I hope he had a good time doing this show and has success elsewhere and here's hoping the episode which sends him off is a good one

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Gosh there is so much here I want to comment on, I don't know where to begin!!
    First of all thanks to delkolover for the spoiler; a great job as always.

Welcome lizzie!! Nice to meet you.

I am at a loss at what to say anymore. So much rumor and speculation. Adam leaving, Emily possibly leaving (IMHO, she's going to stay), new people being introduced, whether they are permanent or not. Geez, makes me wonder what the tptb are thinking (if they are).

For cripes sake, where has she been lately?! I keep saying this but everytime I see her, I realize how good she can be and that makes me wonder why let her go to waste?!:scream:

I complete agree with this. IMHO, Speed is what would have made this episode work. Speed meeting Ryan makes more sense; I really can't see Calleigh, at the impressionable age Ryan is at, not making some impact on him, especially since it seems that he wants to be a cop (I would certainly remember the people I met doing the job I wanted). It would make Ryan staring at Speed's locker in Under the Influence make sense. GNRF is so right, a Bones-type dream sequence is the only way any of this mess would make sense and make ignoring previously mentioned tidbits not so annoying. :scream:

Funny:guffaw: but true. The only thing this does keeps us talking about the show and assures tptb that we will tune in.

Unfortunately if those spoilers are close to being true, it sounds like it to me. Sounds if Eric has had enough. See enough death and man's cruelty toward man and survive to brushes with death and it makes one want "to live before one dies". To me, though, it sounds like a complete rip off and an insult to all the years Adam has put on the show. I really wanted goodbyes and some bit of a truce between Eric and Ryan.

I have to admit, I am kind of tired of the games.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well I am a bit skeptical after reading the so-called page of Emily Procters, & also the impersonator claiming to be David Caruso, plus the fact that there are 2 people claiming to be Adam Rodriguez. There is also a site specifically for celebrity twitters with verified accounts, Adam wasn't on the list, though Hill Harper was. I'm not saying anyone is wrong with this info, but for me to believe that he will float through the season here & there, I'm gonna need to hear it directly from tptb/CBS/ or Adam...& not from "his" tweet. I don't trust them after all the stuff I've just read elsewhere.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Understand, would feel the same way. My thing is if the owner of his only official fan group verifies his account, than I'm a believer. He just created his page and is now starting to figure out how to reply to his fans, so I would give him some time soon to verify his account. amaticrodriguez is official and all the others are not, which is really the reason these celebs verify their account on twitter.

In the same respect, I do agree with you that it would be appropriate for TPTB/CBS/ or Adam's management to confirm it to his fans.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Bad seed? :wtf: I would've thought it'd be something more to parallel Eric leaving, but bad seed reminds me of the movie with the little psycho-brat. Hm.
    Anyway, after my tantrum over the stupidity of this recent spoiler, what irks me is that this would've been ideal for Eric after the first shooting. I can't recall how many times I wanted to hear Horatio tell Eric back then to take it easy or step down from the case, ect., or him taking time off, which was much needed at the time, getting orders from the Docter ...but they wait until NOW to play it serious when the bullet is gone from his brain! Irritating!
    I can understand the angle if this is just Eric saying he doesn't want to be around death anymore, but it seems like such a rip-off of Vegas - I just hoped they'd have used more creativity with his exit.

I'm also wondering if because he leaves in a truck it's supposed to be that he's going back to where/how he first came (in '97) & he goes back to being a tow-truck driver....or am I just reading too much into the truck thing? :shifty:

Also.....
    I kinda have to giggle first at the thought of this note just mysteriously showing up on his windshield & Eric looking around as if H disappeared into thin air....sometimes I think tptb watch far too much "Touched by An Angel" :lol:
    Anyway, is this line supposed to be something H says in the flashback episode, I'm a little confused by the "words echoing" & blahzayblahzay.

13. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Ok i have read through the tweets and the spoilers and everything else and i may be getting ahead of myself here but is there anyone else who feels like me in regards to not too being excited for this season.....???

I mean yeah fair enough Adams leaving im over all that (ill still be so sad when he does go) but reading a new guy coming in and then trying to convince us hes not a replacement when its quite clear he is....and then more storylines of possible new guy.....

Who was it afew posts back that said " hello have you met natalia boa vista?" that is so true and chuck in ryan wolfe and frank tripp, maxine too???

Its a shame the writers are waiting for a main character to leave
    before they start looking around and saying "oh yeah we still have a couple of people left...lets just let them hang out for a bit longerand see what else we can do"...... i dont maybe its just me but i dont feel the writers are really even trying.

And yes for some who will say its hard job bla bla but dont the actors deserve a little more from them....happiness within their characters maybe instead of so much negativity???

And i agree Delko deserves a better send off instead of a paper flapping in the wind and hearing H's words, come on 8 years and thats all he gets a flappy paper and an echo......???? fantasy a bit much, shouldnt he go out a little like alexx saying goodbye to everyone???, i still cant watch rock and a hard place without feeling a little teary alexx was too good doesnt delko deserve something like that? im not saying copy the whole scene but give him something worthy of his 8 years of dedication to the same character.

Ok im done with my rant.....:(:)

14. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

I agree! Like I stated b4, im hoping that this epi is just 1 of a few episodes that will go more in detail of his departure. I want to see eric and cal patch things up some b4 he leaves. considering he's not going to be on screen so much in the first 4 episodes, it would be nice to see these two at least talk about the whole situation. Anyways, if this is the final episode of him working, im hoping that there is more to the episode than what the spoilers are stating

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah if this is indeed his last ep then the writers have dropped the ball big time!! Granted there is always the chance and Adam has said it himself that he will "in and out during season 8" that Eric will be back but considering Eric is rarely around in the first 4 eps and then seemingly leaves in the 5th....WTF could the writers have possibly accomplished with resolving anything that happened in the finale? Not just E/C but the whole situation with Sharova, the fact that Eric can't remember how or why he and Sharova ended up in the glades where they find them!!!

We know from ep 803 that IAB investigates the situation and obviously since they are both back at work....they weren't fired or transfered b/c of it! But, from what I could see in the spoilers, is that is about it with regards to what went on in the finale. So for him to leave in 805 with, what seems like, no resolution the writers are playing a huge gamble with the idea that Adam, when they decide to resolve E/C and his memory loss, will be available. Hope they have contingency plan should his schedule NOT make him available. And again, if this is how he is leaving the show....it is piss poor. I can'r say that enough. This character and actor has been with the show since its inception....give him the send off he so deserves. Even an ending like Alexx got would be better than a piece of loosleaf paper blowing in the wind :rolleyes:

Although, one could say that the lack of a huge send off is indication he might/will return. Adam said he will be "in and out" for this season so if he sticks to that it means there will no sight of him in season 9. So it is possible that his real send off could be at the end of this season. At least that is what I hope but given how the writers have consistantly dropped the ball, fell short, crapped the bed, whatever description you want to give it....we won't get that and this will probably be exactly what it is...him getting in the car and driving away; ALONE. You make it a point to have the note say the you will always be there for the guy but you are not physically there to say it to him. Why didn't you just write him a fickin "Dear John" letter? I think someone said it in an earlier post...the note on the car is extremely LAME and borders on the immature. This is a frickin primtime televsion show seen around the world for pete's sake, think of something original. :scream: It sounds like a frickin fanfic....and an extreme cop out. Something these writers do everytime it seems like they can't be bothered to actually put the effort into writing something. They do it time and time again. They focus on the mundane and shirk off the important. :rolleyes: We are often spoon fed little peices of nonsense in large doses and then when something important happens, we are left scarmbling to put the pieces of the puzzle together. And more often than not those pieces are small, few and far in between and make no gosh darn sense! :lol:

The only silver lining I can see is if this ep is just the "begninng of the end" for his character's time on the show. This ep marks the begninning of him questioning if being a CSI is what he wants to do anymore and maybe he tells H that he is questioning things and that is why H leaves the note on his car....to let him know, that regardless of his decision, he will be there for him.

Why do I feel like I am grasping at straws?

Watching this show this season and it hasn't even aired yet (regardless of who is there and who isn't) already looks like it is shaping up to be chore. Things in past seasons have been hard to swallow...something tells me I might actually choke on something this season :lol:

If anyone wants the address for where to send correspondence or complaints for anyone related to this show....pm me, I will be happy to give it to you. ;) I would love to write them a "love" note so to speak and ask them "WTF are you guys thinking?" :lol: :lol:

I feel like it is one of those "oh hey you guys are still here?" situations with regards to the other actors/characters on the show. The writers aren't trying.....they NEVER do. That is what makes this even more pathetic. They have tunnel vision....they see one aspect of a storyline and then whoever isn't involved in the storyline is left just "hanging around" taking up set space. :rolleyes: I can't roll my eyes enough at tptb lately.

And you are not alone....I am not really all that excited for this season. I was at the end of last season and even a little bit when some of the spoilers started coming out. But that balloon exploded as soon as I read the spoilers for the disolution of truth, I mean premiere and watched the Greek tragedy that was the Rory Cochrane fiasco unfold. Which was only made worse by Adam's situation....add to that, that none of the stories out thus far are "blowing" me away with excitement. I might be a little melancholy about Adam leaving (and even that they seem to have sucked the life out of) but it is the writers job to 'wow' me and thus far........:( I used to get a sense of excitement from just reading the spoilers. Now, I get the feeling of "meh" and "wtf is going on?"

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.