Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Okay, no more arguing in this thread, please. If you don't agree with what someone is saying, feel free to bring up a debate as long as you have reasoning behind your different opinion. This is a discussion board so you aren't supposed to be only concerned with your own posts. ;) Having different opinions can be a good thing, it can lead to great discussions as long as you respect the other person's opinion. Remember it's an opinion, it can't be right or wrong and just because it's different than your own doesn't make it negative.

Yes, you can. But you must have reasoning behind your dislike for something or someone or else it is indeed considered bashing. Desertwind, I have reminded you of this before, and if you've been on the board since 2005 I don't see why this is so hard to follow. Please do so in the future.

Lets get back on topic, shall we? If you have any more problems with this, PM me instead of posting about it in the thread. Thank you.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was totally strunned as we all were that Lil Kim got the boot, WOW:eek: over TY he is at the best time of this competition, but he's still mechanical, and she's such a natural dancer:thumbsup: one never knows on these celebrity shows, I guess fans called in and alot of guys like him the "cowboy factor";) So it's down to the wire, I think between Gilles and Melissa~

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Melissa - First dance: Wow Carrie Ann was right it lacked a lot, so once again she was flat and boring to me. Plus it's like watching the show on repeat...it all looks the same! Second dance: The outfit was flashier than the dance, at least for me. It lacked a lot and the fun lifts didn't make up for anything.

Gilles - First dance: Soft and beautiful, I loved it! He had great footwork and moved very well. He has a great shot at winning this. Second Dance: Holy goodness! Now that was a salsa and it was hot enough to start taking the varnish off the dance floor. 60 out of 60, very well deserved.

Shawn - First dance: She is a little spitfire, I love it! So forceful yet graceful and strong for those lifts. Second dance: So cute, and very her. Wonderful job as doing this dance second takes a lot of energy, and she showed no sign of being tired.

Ty - First dance: Very nice, I liked it. He has worked so hard to get this far and the effort shows. Amazing job! Second dance: That was heartfelt and so full of Ty's personality, it was amazing! If there was a most improved award for this show it would surely go to Ty, he worked so hard and put everything out there.

4. Desertwind

Just watched last nights show, and wow, the first dance with the professionals, "Shoud I Stay Or Should I Go" "The Clash" awesome:bolian:

MELISSA Her first dance the Quick Step, she's a knockout, so perfect and stupendous, really incredible and gorgeous dress~
    Second dance, the Cha Cha Cha, Fantastic, magical she's just fantastic, and another stunning dress~

GILLES His first dance Waltz, so beautiful and so smooth:p
    His 2nd dance the Salsa, his moves are so passionate and sexy, it was spectatular~

SHAUN Her 1st dance Tango, She's great too, very nice~
    Her 2nd dance, The Jive..I love this dance and felt it was her best so far WOW:thumbsup:

TY His 1st dance, He's gotten so good, and it paid off really nice~
    His 2nd dance the Samba.. Also great, and hs shook his booty, never saw him do this before:eek:

And Tom Bergeron, so charming and so funny:lol: so tonight another elimination~ hard to select their all Magnificent~

5. Desertwind

So bye-bye TY it's been nice watching you, and how much you struggled and became really a good dancer, so back to your ranch with your wife Jewell, & your horses and bulls;) you were a nice guy and now you can take her out dancing:thumbsup: so it's GILLES, MELLISSA OR SHAUN

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I had a feeling it was Ty. Though having Melissa in the bottom two had some hopes.

Next week is going to be interesting.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Shawn did amazing in both of her dances. The paso was by far the hardest one for each contestant but Shawn pulled out her game face and went for it. The freestyle was bubbly yet full of enough technical aspects that won over all the judges. I think the freestyle was her best dance yet, it showed that yes she is 17 but still mature to play with the big kids.

Gilles what more can I say but wow. He did amazing in the paso and was hard pressed to do much better than he did. The freestyle was alright, I don't think the song selection was the best for him and Cheryl but they made it work. Flashdance is hard to pull off and it didn't hit the hight of Shawn's he still brouhg it to the table.

Melissa was alright. Firs the slight mess up in the paso, yea I kind of saw that coming. I honestly think the pressure is getting to her and I can't forsee her winning at all. Her freestule was atrocious and semi boring, there was too much of her booty dancing and not enough technical to show what she has learned over the past 10 weeks. In my honest opinion I think she should have gone home instead of Lil Kim.

--------------------

ETA

Wow that was one explosive finale. And I can honestly say that the person who deserved to win did so and I can watch next season and not be annoyed.

I'm glad Melissa came in third, she just didn't have the people's vote anymore. I guess her fan base moved on to another person or stopped watching all together.

Either way I'm glad Shawn won, not only carrying on the Olympian tradition, but showing that she has what it takes at 17 to take on people much older than her. Gilles was so happy for Shawn and it's clear that he is alright with coming in second because as he stated he never thought he was a dancer and he set out to just be great at that.

I hope season 9 is just as exciting as this season was. Congrats Shawn!! :)

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  8. Desertwind

[​IMG] to you SHAWN good job, and the youngest contestant ever, her freestyle was kick-a.. amazing the best:bolian: I really thought that Gilles and Mellisa were in the top running, especially Gilles, but I guess the fans choose her, she got better and better. I'm so glad that the other 2 were so close, I thought they were both spectatular. It was also cool to see the other contestants there and dancing again;) although the comedian did do a few pot-shots at them all, and they seemed to laugh it off~

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  9. Desertwind

10. xoxobaby

xoxobaby Victim

Spam deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  11. Desertwind

DRUM ROLL in todays newspaper they listed what stars would be dancing with whom, annoucement from ABC~

Tom DeLay/Cheryl Burke
    Ashley Hamilton/Edyta Sliwinska
    Joanna Krupa/Derek Hough
    Melissa Joan Hart/Mark Ballas

Ths is all so far they had listed~

12. Desertwind

The new PEOPLE magazine has the list with their nicknames:thumbsup:

AARON CARTER..THE TEEN IDOL

ASHLEY HAMILTON..THE HOLLYWOOD HEARTTHROB

CHUCK LIDDELL..THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER

DEBI MAZAR..THE ACTRESS WITH ATTITUDE

DONNY OSMON[..THE POP ICON

JOANNA KRUPA..THE SEXY SUPERMODEL

KATHY IRLEAND..THE COVER GIRL

KELLY OSBOURNE..THE REALITY ROCKER

LOUIE VITO..THE SOARING SNOWBOARDER

MACY GRAY..THE SINGER WITH SOUL

MARK DACASCOS..THE KING OF THE KITCHEN

MELISSA JOAN HART..THE SPELLBINDING STAR

MICHAEL IRVIN..THE FOOTBALL PLAYMAKER

MYA..THE R & B EVERYTHING GIRL

NATALIE COUGHLIN..THE BACKSTROKE BEAUTY

TOM DELAY..THE REPUBLICAN HAMMER

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's going to be an interesting season for sure. I've got no idea who to go for....the contestants are all over the spectrum.

14. Desertwind

So the premiere was last night with just the guys, and I wrote down my opinions of each one, so far~

AARON He's good for the 1st time out~

MARK He was also good, wow~

ASHLEY HMM, hard to tell, he might improve with practice~
    Tom Bergeron was so funny on his comment to Bruno, on "you'll end up in a wheelchair"

DONNY He rocked, of course he's been doing this for years. he's just fantastic, and "All That Jazz"~

LOUIE Not so good, but I'm sure he'll improve with time~

MICHAEL Smooth and had all the right moves, he's going to do well~

TOM I think he did his best, but could improve, so 1st night out, it's tough~

On the Salsa relay once again Donny took the prize, he was fabulous~

15. Desertwind

Last night was the girls turn, and I can't believe how good they all were:eek:

DEBI Salsa
    Good for her first time out alot of potetnial to get really great~

MELISSA JOAN Waltz
    Very graceful, nice job~

MYA Waltz
    Very smooth, beautiful delivery good moves~

KATHY Salsa
    She's good too, her moves were right on, and she's so pretty~

NATALIE Salsa
    Damn, she was hot--really good, and so cute~

MACY V Waltz
    She's very different, a bit eccentric, but I like her, more practice~

JOANNA Salsa
    OMG, she was so far, to me the best amazing and so beautiful:eek:

KELLY Waltz
    Who knew she'd turned into such a lady, I was proud of her, as were her parents Ozzy and Sharon. She was very good;)

The Fox Trot relay, awesome all wonderful and the Cha Cha Cha, all good too. It's so fun to watch them and all the pretty costumes~