La Rue: A Lot Has Changed

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 14, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Eva La Rue</font> (Natalia Boa Vista) is looking forward to the eighth season of <I>CSI: Miami</I>, but she isn't looking forward to saying goodbye to costar <font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font> (Eric Delko).<p>La Rue said season eight will resemble the earlier seasons of <I>Miami</I>, and leading man <font color=yellow>David Caruso</font> (Horatio Caine) will be more hands on. "There's a lot more science, David is back in the lab a lot more now. They're going to go back to their initial roots," the actress told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/default.aspx">TV Guide Magazine</a>.<p>Some aspects of the show will take a look back at the earlier years of <I>Miami</I>'s run, but the show's cast will be undergoing changes this season. As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/060809_03.shtml">reported</a>, Rodriguez will be saying goodbye to the forensic drama during season eight. "A lot's changed," La Rue explained. "Adam is not going to be here for the whole season." However, Rodriguez won't be leaving the series immediately. "He's going to be here for a little while, so we haven't had to say goodbye yet," the actress said. "But it's going to be hard to say goodbye to him. We love him! Everybody does."<p>In addition to losing Rodriguez, <I>Miami</I> is adding a new character. As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/120809_01.shtml">reported</a>, <font color=yellow>Eddie Cibrian</font> will make his first appearance on the show during the season eight premiere. "Eddie just started with the first episode, so there's been a lot of changes and it's been really exciting," La Rue shared. "It's our eighth season and I think it's going to be the one to watch." With a new man joining the team, and Calleigh Duquesne (<font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font>) in a relationship with Delko, La Rue wondered if a romance might be on the horizon for her character. "I'm kind of wondering what's going to happen with Eddie," she explained, "because Emily and Adam were together last year and I'm thinking he's up for grabs."<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/changes-hit-csi-miami-2047.html">TV Guide Magazine</a>.<center></center>

2. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

More Adam news, this is so depressing :(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  3. Zipster

Zipster Witness

This has simply made my day.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, its good news that they will be getting back to basics. The science has gotten kinda lost in recent seasons.

Not such good news about Adam. But I am just going to wait and see............

5. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

While I'm sad about Adam, I'm encouraged by what I read here. It at least sounds like TPTB are finally waking up and taking some action to reduce some of the crack intake the writers have been having. I'm looking forward to a still quirky but more realistic Miami.

I won't be sad to see the romance go away, it has done nothing but but drag the show down in my opinion. Every time we have a moment between them it completely stops the momentum of the episode. I know Emily likes the romance but sadly, at leat in my opinion, it doesn't work for the show. But then again, romances rarely do on shows like this.

6. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Is it strange that I'm actually looking forward to Eddie's character? In CSI: LV I was worried about a new character (Langston) coming on after WP left, and as it turned I was right to be worried as the man has completely taken over the show. (the point I'm making is i still cared enough about the characters to be worried) But in this I'm actually looking forward to the new blood. I'm wondering why, I love all the cast of Miami, but while I feel a bit sad about Adam leaving I'm also feeling rather indifferent about his exit. Have TPTB really ruined this show and its characters that much for me? To the point that I'm indifferent to whether they stay or not? I'm starting to think so. *sad sigh* :(