Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's always good when people who don't frequent the boards agree that it's getting annoying.

I agree that the reason Khandi left was she saw or heard and decided to get out while she still had a safe exit. Honestly I would do the same thing if there was going to be something clouding the real reason for a show/storyline.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh I haven't been on this thread for a while and I guess there's no use in going on posting always the same things agains E/C.
    Anywho, I read this part of this post and I must say that this is such an interesting point. I wish I had been brave enough to post it a while ago since I do think that someone's career has already been killed by this show.

As much as I can love it, I can't deny that some actors from this show will never have the same opportunities in terms of movies and other stuff like this b/c of this show while some others will always go on playing in movies while working on this show.

I'm not writing down the names sine I don't want to start a conflict on this matter, but let's not deny that some of the actors on this show are just working on this show and never get offered a role in movie or something big.

I do think there's no use in wondering why because it's pretty clear some producers think that CSI:Miami isn't a good show and they think they can't offer the actors great opportunities.
    Same thing is happening with the awards. Miami has always been ignored as the whole CSI:Franchise is getting lately....so no wonder why some actors on the show are just working for this show...possibely for a couple of scenes on it. Just a shame :rolleyes::scream:

Khandi's reason has never been explained, unfortunately. Rumours said she had troubles with a certain someone (again, they're just rumours and I'll never believe them) along with the fact she wasn't having the screentime she deserved. Well, quite honestly, I don't care about the rumours since I know that once she quitted Miami she immediatly got a role on a new series. This must mean something. Surely she quitted in time...before her career got destroyed by the show. Thank god she made the right choice in the right moment ;)

If only some else made the same choice she made!!!

Well I've been talking about the whole E/C stuff with a friend of mine who loves tv shows like N.C.I.S. and so on and so forth.....she was just horrified by the whole E/C drama. That's all I'm going to say.

I know it's a little bit pathetic, but this is how the show looks especially to those people who don't usually post on boards.

3. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Let me start by saying I have nothing constructive to add to this thread. I just came back from one of the worst cheerleading practices in the world that put me in THE WORST mood, but I was so excited to learn of the news that Adam Rodriguez might be leaving the show.

Okay, so the main reason why I'm happy isn't really because the sexy latino man is going to disappear from our television screens. I'd rather he stay and TPTB get rid of the E/C relationship. But since that's not happening, the second best thing seems to be - we no longer have to deal with the fake-ass E/C romance!

PRAISE SWEET BABY JESUS.

That is all.

Y'all have a good night now.

Mods, if it's against the rules to bitch about how much I EFFING HATE their romance and how I'm celebrating the fact that we no longer have to be subjected to it... do your worst. Winner gets an e-pat on their back.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

**enters visibly drunk**

Ok guys I couldn't have a better period than this. I can't stop giggling about what's happening right now both in RL and here. Not to mention that rissarose made it even better than it actually is LOL. Thank you for such a great news :beer:

I usually don't bitch about things like this ('cause I do think it's pretty stupid), but, quite frankly, I came to a point that I was waiting for Adam or Emily to leave the show so that they could end this romance. In these days I didn't care whether it was gonna be Adam or Emily the one to say "bye bye" to the show.....so you can't even imagine how happy I am right now when this moment has finally come!!!

If someone is not believing in this news yet...well read this ;)

I have an answer for the last question...which is "no". Sorry, but I really used to like his character in this show, but once he got shot, I really couldn't stand him walking in the lab always pouting b/c of Calleigh's affairs.

I'm just happy that this romance is over. I don't care whether Delko is gonna die or not or whether he's gonna leave Calleigh all mad b/c of her actions at the end of s7. All I know is just I've been waiting for this moment right since 5x16 - "Broken Home"!!!

Once he's out, I'm quite sure they'll also give up with some ridiculous Calleigh's dramas and everyone will be happier b/c of the screentimes imrpovement this could mean.

Sorry, but I can't stop giggling. Am I that bad b/c I chuckled while reading the news? ....oh don't pout!!!! I'm sure some of you have been waiting for this moment as well :p

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I'm so happy too! *does happy dance* I just hope Emily stays and we see old Calleigh or finally normal no romances storyline for her character :) And all this means we see more Ryan, i hope newbie Jessy will not on screen as much as Delko was, not from the start. Lets hope he start from less and then go to big screentime. And finally more Natalia! You can beat me, i don't care, cuz i'm happy that this romance will end! :beer:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes, the upside to all this is no more romance stinking up every episode, but being an Adam fan, & a long-time fan of pre-Mr. Bullet (Eric), I am still sad, & very pissed off. It makes me angry knowing that tptb have wasted the past 2 1/2 years on Eric being portrayed as Calleigh's pathetic lap-dog, & now he's leaving - what a waste of his character!!! I heard that Adam said he was tired of playing the e/c romance, so I wouldn't doubt it if he was pretty sick of being a pathetic lap-dog too - what a shame for Eric as an individual -- if tptb had any sense at all they'd have given him the opportunity to be better explored rather than making him look like a damn fool for the past 2 years! I dispise them for it......& now I'm stuck with Calleigh....oh joy.. fabulous. Can't wait to see what bullshit they make up for her character now since she's been dealt every damn card in the deck.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well while we may not agree on Calleigh's future, I must say that I agree with you on Eric's waste of time & character. I still can't believe they've wasted almost 3 years of his life for this storyline.

But, quite honestly, I have never heard him say anything against e/c so, if you don't mind, could you please tell me where you did you get that info from :p?

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Another poster said they had read somewhere that Adam commented on being tired of playing out the romance - sorry I have no actual link or source to go give you, it's exactly why I said - "i heard". I only know that this comment, whether true or false, made it's way around cause I've seen it in various blogs when reading.
    All I was saying was if he did feel that way then I can't say I blame him since this was basically all he had to feed on for the last few seasons, & for some actors being tied to a certain storyline with no wiggle-room isn't always their cup of tea. That's all I was saying. ;)

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks. I perfectly understood what you were saying and I totally agree with you on it. It's just that I've never heard anything about it, you know...a little bit shocking for me to hear LOL ;)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm really hoping it's not true. I mean, there are so many other places they could go with Eric's character.

11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I can't quote a source, but I remember Adam mentioned in an interview last spring that he thought the romance had run its course. Maybe that's what bloggers are referring to. I don't generally follow Adam unless it's specific to the show, so tended to blow it off.

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm one who has been waiting, Flo, my dear! You KNOW that!

I didn't really expect it to be Adam leaving. And I will miss him. But if a film career is what Adam hopes for, all my good wishes go with him. :)

Maybe now we can get back to business - the victims, the science and the team. All of them. Working together. Everyone interacting like adults and treating each other well.

I'm hoping to see a return to the types cases from seasons 1-3. No more freaking romance - for anyone! :scream: It's too damn disruptive to the team.

I remember that as well. I think it was in the same show where Emily was interviewed separately and she begged everyone to write in and support the relationship. It was some entertainment show.

He said that the romantic part of the relationship may have had it's time and he asked how you can take friends who became lovers and bring them back to being friends...and if that was even possible.

It also didn't do a lot for his character. There has been quite a lot of backlash for the way Eric has seemed to go from being a smart, witty, devil-may-care kind of guy - to a wimpy, puppy-dog eyed little boy who when Calleigh says jump he asks how high.

He's lost a lot of people who liked Eric in the last couple of seasons.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Personally? Like Yelina, Calleigh, and Calleigh's dad, I think tptb let a perfectly good character go to waste. Like mjszud said, "The pre-bullet Eric." I still giggle at that scene in Spring Break when the girls hoot and hollar when Eric takes off his shirt to go into the pool and Calleigh said "They wanted to know if you have a younger brother." Ah, those were the glory days.

When I first started watching Miami on A&E back in early 2007, Eric actually was my favorite. He dove. He flew helicopters. He spoke Russian and Spanish. He was funny. He had that boyish grin. He was good with the sciences. Now? Well, I don't know. Is it any coincidence that Calleigh's been dressing like a dominatrix? If she dyed her hair black she could pass for Lady Heather. :confused:

Let's just hope the writers and wardrobe aggregate their fecal matter before some really good actors become like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

14. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

Nice to know everybody views of the E/C relationship because everyone that I talk to thinks its so awesome and FINALLY they had got together. Personally, I still don't know how I feel about the E/C romance. When I started watching the show, it was Calleigh/Jake and the Eric/Natalia. I know this wasn't around the same time but I was an occasional watcher. I didn't get really into CSI: Miami until around "All In."
    So, I really haven't actually seen the E/C relationship building. I mean with so many people around me who are 'hipphugger shippers' you can say that I jumped on that little wagon.
    But yes, its just nice to see everybody views on their relationship.
    And I must say, I am not happy that Adam is leaving the show.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I'm a bit late on this thread, but I've been pretty busy during these weeks and I didn't have time for a long post LOL

Thanks for this answer. Now that you told me, I kind of remember it as well ;). I don't know why, but it wasn't ringing me a bell LOL

That's what I'm waiting for, now. Don't get me wrong, but I do think that if both Adam & Emily had stayed on the show, I would have probably stopped watching the show b/c I would have been to tired of watching always the same plotlines involving Calleigh & Eric.

This, IMHO, is the first step for some good plots on this show. Not to mention that it will surely help the whole team stuff which has been lacking lately ;)

Well as much as I don't remember specifically this interview, I do agree 100% with the guy. Not to mention that it is almost impossible for 2 best friends (as they were supposed to be till the beginning of the show :rolleyes:) to become lovers and then just be friends.....no way, I don't know anyone who has been able to do such a thing in RL.

Do you really think he asks that? :guffaw: Sorry, but, to me, Delko has just lost everything.

When I first started watching Miami on A&E back in early 2007, Eric actually was my favorite. He dove. He flew helicopters. He spoke Russian and Spanish. He was funny. He had that boyish grin. He was good with the sciences. Now? Well, I don't know. Is it any coincidence that Calleigh's been dressing like a dominatrix? If she dyed her hair black she could pass for Lady Heather. :confused:[/quote]
    Thank you so much for stating this 'cause that's how I feel about Eric. He was indeed a very good character. He was hot (no way to deny it :drool:), he was smart and he was also very funny. Plus his smirk was sooooooo sexy. Now he's weak, he always seems lost and he's always too emotional while working on cases.

I don't know whether it's b/c of Calleigh. All I know is that they should have shot the guy, so that we would have had sexy Eric walking on the beach and we would have been too busy drolling so that we wouldn't have had to cope with ewww storylines :lol:, just joking. Seriously, the bullet was what ruined this show, IMHO. If they hadn't shot the guy, no one would have thought about this unrealistic romance :rolleyes:

lox3csimiami22
    welcome on board and thanks for expressing your opinion on this matter ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.