Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

:lol::lol::lol:

this is exactly what I'm talking about. Its just something that Emily would not do at all.

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Even if there's a possibility Emily may leave I don't believe that this spoiler is real. I don't think they have a scripts for so many episodes yet.
    And I don't know why she would go to Rio:confused:.
    Not to mention that we even don't know how Adam will leave, so it's rather hard to belive it's a real thing. As for my taste someone just made that up.

3. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

Yeah Monica, its what I've been thinking. Not many of her sources are credible [you know, the girl who posted the spoiler on the RP site] but I brought it here to really know for sure.

Truthfully, I'm not ready to see any of the CSI: Miami stars leave. I hate it.

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Let's say every rumor is true and both Eric and Emily are leaving, it kind of makes one wonder what is going on that show. Neither have signed their contracts, and one is leaving for sure. If TPTB claim it is money, why hire EC? Wouldn't it be more important to keep the characters/actors around that help make the show what it is today? What does that say fo JT, ELR and RL whose own contracts will come up for renewal some day (bearing in mind that CSI:M has the staying power the original has)? :scream:IMHO, I don't think Emily is leaving in the near future. At least I hope not.

5. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, speculation is one thing. Rumor mill is another. I don't think that, at this point, Emily is going anywhere. She has a contract, I think it was Florry who knew, that extends through the end of this year. Beyond that, I don't know. Babies and pregnancy aside....not a fan.

As far as Adam leaving, even if Eva La Rue said something, still, it's not official until it's released by CBS, CSI:Miami or Adam Rodriguez, himself. It could be an open ended contract, which is not really seen as a signed contract because of it's uncertainty, and he could still be on beyond the mid-season. He may be waiting for movie deals to come through. If he hits the big screen with a bang, then I'm right behind him and buying tickets to his movies.

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think most of us agree that whatever the actor or actress wants to do as a person. We suport and send our best wishes.

Note please; I am not expecting Emily to leave before her maternity leave.

But as you stated: it is risky business as a show not to focus on the fact that sometimes actors leave. In this case the show is allready suffering from Adam leaving.
    Being a fan or not: he is a important castmember. Fan or not: the show choose to put the spotlight on the E/C ship last season.

Perhaps they had some experience from Rory leaving (Megan/Alexx) and are banking on Eddie to do whatever worked when thoose actors left. But as for Alexxleaving it has not yet turn out very well in my opinion. Granted they got a good run and an odd storyline from our last MD. (But see she did not grown on me enough for me to remember her name at the moment). But why do we tune in week after week? And no matter if we separate actor from character? We get our kick from the actor we like and the storylines they give the character.

Will the show survive Adam leaving? If they put the focus on the remaining "real" cast perhaps. (Ryan,Frank,Nat and Call) BUT BUT they still have to introduce new MD and make Eddie the new guy liked and prepare for Emily having a baby and Horatio will allways have some major storyline each season + the crimesolving does take up the mainpart of sceentime and they have Kyle somewhere in there;).

Will they make/have the time or will they re - vamp the show and hope new viewers replace the ones lost?

OH!! now I remember: Her name was Tara:guffaw: or was it ?:guffaw::guffaw:

I think the answer lies with the intro of Tara what went wrong and that is useable in intro of new character.

They pulled Ryan from the ranks with Speedleleaving and that worked (and Nat was also from the lab so........)

IMO Tara holds the answer to Adam, Eddie and eventually Emily. Or maybe Emily leaving for a while will help them out as they will not need characterreplament and can spend sceentime on remaining characters. Emily leaving for good and yet another characterintro will kill the show IMO.

7. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

besides emily's contract on csi:miami dosen't end till the end of season 10 so she still has 2 more seasons after this one

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Really b/c I read in an article over the summer that her contract was up in 2009 which means it was up at the end of last season

This is the article that mentions her contract:

http://www.americanwaymag.com/emily-procter-miami-north-carolina-aaron-sorkin

But if you heard somewhere else that she has re-resigned with the show....please post the article, link and/or source!

EDIT

Episode 805....Title Unknown

Ok so the spoilers for ep 805 are out and they are a little confusing but I will do my best :lol:

The team investigates when there a multitude of deaths related to E-Coli poisoning...all the food seems to have come of the same produce company; Aunt Sally's. From what I could see the episode seems to open (don't hold me to this the spoilers jump around alot) with Eric at the hospital to see his doctor to get clearance to go back to work. That is right this seems to be the ep where Eric returns to work. Once finished with his doctor he goes in search of none other than Dr. Alexx Woods to tell her the good news. It does seem that Khandi will be reprising the role of Alexx again this season. He finds her and tells her the good news that there is little to no residual brain damage from the bullet and the doctor has cleared him to return to work. As they are talking another doctor calls Alexx, an ambulance has brought in an unconscious woman, Lauren. As Alexx works on her it becomes clear she has some sort of brain injury, an abcess....ultimately, even though Alexx refuses to let go, the woman dies. She tells Eric that the woman was murdered. Turns out she died of E-Coli poisoning.

Eric seems happy to be back at work from what I could see but he does seem a little different. To me it seems like he can't detach himself from his emotions while working the case. Now from what I could see, I THINK (there was no rock hard evidence but it definately appeared to be this way) that this might be the episode where Adam/Eric leaves. Again, I can't tell for sure and what I did see could just have some double meanings or allude to it but in the end of the ep it means something else but from one scene it looks like he leaves. Eric is in the locker room at his locker and in the scene he is throwing things into a backpack....that is all I saw and who knows if it means he is emptying his locker out or not. He could just be grabbing stuff to go home. So I just want to impart that I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE IF THIS IS ADAM'S FINAL EP.

It would seem b/c this is the second time that I have seen him, there might be another team member. His name is Walter Simmons. I have no idea if he is a full time member of the team or he is just working with them for a short time but he does seem to be a bit of a rookie. He works the case with Jesse and Ryan. And at one point a small mistake (not really a mistake but more of an oopsie) he makes helps to solve where the contamination of E-Coli comes from. He, Jesse and Ryan are investigating a well right near the farm they have traced the E-Coli to when Walter knocks the entire "water contimation" test kit into the well. All the test cards turn a certain color...proving the presence of E-Coli. So his mistake turns into a positive.

Again, I don't know if this is indeed Adam's last ep or if this is the ep that leads into it. I also don't have complete confirmation that Walter is indeed a new permanent member of the team. I think we would have heard by now of another new actor joining the show...right? If he is a new team member/cast memeber then it could fuel the notion/rumor that Emily too might be leaving.....something I hope is not true.

This is sooo frustrating. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  9. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

Thanks for the info Delkolover!!!

I feel the same... I'm frustrated... and I don't know what to think about all this...

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This show has too much testosterone. Needs more cleavage.

11. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

I totally agree.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Walter? The second new guy's name is Walter? Couldn't they have named him Brett or something? I mean, Walter is the name of one of Horatio's greatest nemesis. :lol:

Thanks for the info, Delkolover.

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Another newbie working the case? :wtf: Uh...hello in there tptb....ever heard of a person named Natalia Boa Vista!!!! :scream:

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree. There seems to be a formula in most shows where there are at least 2 females when there are like 4 to 5 males. WTF is that all about? Why does every show feel they only need 2 females? I think Grey's and Desperate Housewives are the only two shows that have more than 2 female leads. If anyone knows of any other shows feel free to add but on the CSI shows there are only 2 female leads.

I am kind of tired of the females on tv today just being the "eye candy" so to speak. More often than not, the males always get the physical storylines (ie getting shot, tortured). I mean there are female cops out there who put their lives on the line everyday in the same situations as men and yet on tv they are almost always "safe" :rolleyes:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, NY is getting a third girl to the cast. :lol: I don't know what to think about Vegas though. they let Riley go, now Cath will be the only woman in the opening credits unless they add Wendy. I still say Miami should add Valera to the opening credits. Miami is the only CSI that hasn't added a labrat to the opening. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.