The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Outstanding Actress, Drama
    Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer
    Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters
    Glenn Close, Damages
    Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    Holly Hunter, Saving Grace
    Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Hmmm. IMO that's a tough call between Kyra and Holly Hunter on Saving Grace. I'm a huge fan of both of those shows and both actresses are more than deserving of an Emmy. I haven't seen any of the other shows, so I can't judge.

One of the things that I love about Kyra on The Closer is that she inhabits the character of Brenda Leigh so well. I don't think I've EVER seen an actor/actress inhabit a character so well. Even seeing interviews with Kyra, and then seeing her in character as Brenda, it's a complete 180. Very skillful.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love Kyra, but also Sally and Mariska, but not Holly, she talks with a irritating twang, and annoys me.. and don't know who the other one is. So many other actresses weren't nominated, but no one from CSI either, and that sucks:klingon:I'm a bit stunned, that Pataricia Arquette, didn't get a nod, she's also awesome but wasn't amonst this group. I'll be glad to see Kyra get it, a tough call~

4. Shytownmofo

Oooh!

Captain Raydor is back! I'm really enjoying her interractions with Brenda Leigh.

I just loved their interraction at the end, where Brenda Leigh is talking about the price of Raydor's principles, and the idea that there needs to be a better way to ensure accountability, otherwise more good cops will die.

I also liked Raydor's point about the trust of the police, and the price of over zealous police officers.

/beyitch! (You know that Brenda Leigh has issues with that word, and would only call another woman that if that woman was working her last everloving Nerve!)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  5. Desertwind

Another riveting episode, and poor Brenda dealing with Capt. Radar, and Mary McDonnell, talks with a strong nasal twang.. She so needs to back off, and she's never going to beat Brenda ever on any case. Brenda is cagey and shrewd, and smarter than she, The first time Brenda goes into the victims house and there's a Swastika on the ceiling of his bedroom she goes "adorable':lol: and Provenza calling her Nurse Rachett, none of them can stand her. She's so out of line most of the time. And once again Brenda did solve this horrible case:bolian:

6. Desertwind

From the new TV GUIDE, Readers cheer of the week:bolian:

Cheers to "THE CLOSER" for portraying the anguish that pet owner Brenda Leigh Johnson [Kyra Sedgwick] had to go through when she had to put her beloved cat "KITTY" 'to sleep'. All pet owners have had to endure these eventual heart-breaking losses of their little members of the family. These real life crises are seldom shown on TV shows~:(

It was heart wrenching, and I cried!

7. Desertwind

Another winner, I swear it just keeps on getting better Brenda and guest star Tom Skerritt, [boy has he aged] as a former Det. who was helping her on a case of two dead bodies found buried horrible one was dragged by a car tied to a bumper, how morbid is that? So, in the end it was him that did this, because he thought he should to bring closure to the families, + he was dying of cancer, and Brenda coped a confession from him:(

8. Desertwind

This was again a great episode, And Kyra's daughter Sosie Bacon was a 'guest' in it, she's adorable;) her moms eyes, and her dad's nose and his mannerisms. And a good little actress, the total attitude of a teenage girl. She went to work with Aunt Brenda, rather then hang out with grandma. The case was about a strangulation of a doctor, and the guy they thought did it [Bruce Davidson] admitted to the crime however, it wasn't done manually but with a type of instrument, or wire or rope, it was a purse chain.:wtf: His son who was schizophrenic, was involved. we as the fans didn't know who the H did it. A total twist when his wife was the perp. Charlee, [the niece] was instrumental on the son giving vivid details, cause he had a hankerin' for her and she was at the interogation with Brenda, and smiling and waving at him through the glass, so he spilled his guts. Fabulous at show as always~

9. Desertwind

This episode was so off the wall, I've never seen anything like this. The lab was sent a dead body, all wraped up in a ice-chest with duct tape all around it. They all opened it, and almost gagged, from the ordor, bizzare and sickening. So, the coronor, said it had been dead since 2006. Ye-gads. It was identified as a low life scum bag who woed everybody money. He was sent from a storage facility. So Brenda and her team started investigating, and BTW, the mom was the incestuous mom that was in "COMMITTED" CSI, So 4 indiviuals were on the list of suspects. In turn Brenda sent body parts of this guy back to the 4 people under suspicion, and who ever opened it was the one. It turned out to be his friend who had cashed in a $15 million lotto ticket that the deceased had won. He was caught re-handed burying the body parts.. Also Fritz was sick and tired ot the niece Charlee, who spiked the brownies, before the dinner she made with weed, and Brenda got high. They were cavorting and dancing and acting all high when Fritz walked in on them. Her little friend had sent her a bag of marijuana. He wanted her to leave, but Brenda save her from going home. She said we need time for her to know she can depend on someone who would try and understand her, so she's staying~ good ep. as always~

10. Shytownmofo

Oh, I absolutely LOVED Stoned!Brenda. She was absolutely hysterical. Munchies and everything. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

And I just knew that package for Charlie was bad news the minute it was delivered.

I did feel bad for the victim's mom. You could tell she was totally unhappy with the things that went down.

I also felt bad for Buzz. His Poor CAR! I hope they at least had the decency to wash it before they gave it back to him.

11. Desertwind

A sad poignant episode tonight, Brenda and the kids who were shot, And who did it. Her niece is great [real life daughter Sosie Bacon] darling and has the acting chops of both parents. She was so compassionate with the boy who was dying. And Brenda at his bedside at the end, tears:( holding his hand. And when she got the low-lifes that did it, his girlfriends dad and brother involed of course dealing drugs. Charlee so adamant on "why didn't you call me" and Brenda telling her she had two choices, to call her, or catch the perps. and that's the one she choose. Fritz hugging her, and holding Brenda's hand what a guy~ very compelling~

12. xoxobaby

xoxobaby Victim

The premiere episode was very good.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  13. Shytownmofo

I thought this was a fantastic episode. IMO, the end was really poignant, as it illustrated a lot about Brenda's character.

The idea that she's so caught up in getting the bad guy and what she wants that she oftentimes ignores the other people around her, like her niece Charlie.

Then, the way she couldn't take part in the hug, having to remain at an arms length from Fritzie and Charlie while they embraced, simply because she can't deal with all the messy emotions. Definitely a win.

14. Desertwind

"Closer" fans don't forget tonight is the season finale, should be a blockbuster, and Sosie Bacons' last appearance~

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

If guest star Xander Berkeley looks familiar, he played Sheriff Atwater on CSI for five episodes back in 2003 to 2004. And Barry Corbin (Northern Exposure) is back tonight as Brenda's dad.