Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

Oh wow, that's a great picture of Anna. What's the Handler? Once again I guess I could look it up but I'd rather ask the experts. ;)

Oh, and I forgot about the one in Admission. Like you said, that was one of my favorites. And now I just remembered the one from Personal Foul, with the girl who killed that guy on the basketlball court. I remember a scene with her testing their lipsticks and giving Flack and Danny a 'look' from the interrogatin room. That was too funny to me.:lol:

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

The Handler is another show Anna was in, together with Hill Harper. There are some fantastic promo pictures with her. You really need to see them. She looked so hot all dressed up. One cap you can see in my icon.

Oh! This was an awesome look! Just a bit ago I looked for the cap. It's such an awesome look she gives the guys. :lol: Here is the cap.

[​IMG]

credit: stolen-glances.com

3. jessicalynn

jessicalynn Dead on Arrival

Oh my gosh I looove that look. Personal Foul is one of my favorite episodes because it involves all three of them. Anna is just so good in it. She's given some really good 'looks' over the last 4 seasons.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I love Stella and Lindsay working together! They're both really kick-ass IMO, and they have such a funny relationship. You can so obviously see the somewhat-awkward professional barrier between them (like you can see it between all the female-CSI-coworkers in the CSI shows), but it's different from the other female relationships because Stella seems to genuinely want to be friends with Lindsay outside of work, and I think Lindsay wants that too...which you don't really see much of in the CSI franchise (at least, not with women relationships). It just seems like an opportunity left unrealized so far; I'd love to see more scenes with them together.

Yeah, I'd so be up for another Lindsay "hero" moment - I mean, I think she had quite a few in Season 2 (especially late-Season 2), but we haven't seen much of them lately - although she was pretty awesome in "Boo" and "Commuted Sentences"! Hero moments have been way too thin on the ground for everyone in S5; Mac's a little busy being hero enough for everyone :lol:

Ha, yes, that's totally the one I meant! :lol: (And now I'm a little curious about this "Pericles" role.) I was surprised when I saw that, because I found Eva Rossi to be a very compelling character...like, really fleshed out, because they showed both her bad sides, and her good ones, and how her bad sides could be used for good, etc, etc.

Oh yeah, I remember Hawkes working solo (or at least, with Flack only) in S2 - maybe the rookie-flying-solo thing wasn't so strange after all. It could be some sort of initiation ritual? I also remember Aiden working a few solo cases in Season 1, though the one that stands out in mind is the "Tri-Borough"; another three-case episode. There hasn't really been a two-case episode since "Personal Foul" from Season 4 - and even that one was kind of isolated among a series of one-case episodes :(

That moment with Officer Murphy in "DwtF" is easily one of my favourite Lindsay-moments...it just seemed so classically her (tough with a side of touchiness :lol:). But that interrogation scene in "Corporate Warriors" was just the extra icing that made it my favourite episode...I mean, you still got the toughness and the touchiness, but it was just clear that she was there to do her job, do it well...and not much interested in anything else. It was the first episode I saw where I really started liking Lindsay a lot.

Stealing Home was great! She was a little rude to Flack in it, IMO, but I think she had her reasons, and it made me laugh. And yes, we need so many more Stella/Lindsay scenes! I'm really hoping that in S6, they start expanding more on Lindsay's relationships with people other than just Danny...*crosses fingers*

LOL. :lol: Yeah, I find her to be really pretty...it's fairly guaranteed on CSI:NY that every character on the show is going to be gorgeous :rolleyes: I love them, but I do feel like they're not that devoted to realism.

And back to my search for online MI!

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Oh my gosh! :lol: Wow, yeah, I'd almost forgotten what it was like to see Anna/Lindsay with long hair...it's lovely! I don't know, I really liked her haircut from Season 4 (early Season 4, anyway)...better than I liked the curls toward the end of Season 3, but I have to say I kinda miss the long hair now. Yeah, she looked great in "The Handler" - I'm kind of assuming that's the show from which I keep seeing the pictures of Anna Belknap with really long hair around the Internet? Those pictures of her are really striking, and I think it's something they almost purposely downplay on CSI:NY.

There was another really awesome interrogation scene in "Buzzkill", when she and Flack cornered that girl who was hoarding the heroin lollipops. Not to mention the "Sex, Lies, and Silicone" interrogation (with the guy who had all those dolls). :guffaw:We need more! Although I think my all-time favourite interrogation is a tie between the one in "All Access" where she snapped, and the one in "Stealing Home" where she came close to snapping. I just liked seeing those more personal moments from her :D The one in "Dancing With the Fishes" with the wife with the fake black eye was pretty awesome too (although I have to say I didn't really enjoy the Stella/Mac bit of exposition afterward...I felt like they were trying to shove Lindsay down my throat, and it was completely unnecessary. It was already an awesome scene without that extra bit at the end).

I'm so so so sorry for the double post! I just couldn't shut up. :p

6. jessicalynn

I totally know what you mean. Lindsay and Stella seem like the only two female colleagues in the entire franchise that appear to genuinely care about each other outside of the job. And not just when something bad happens. I really like that about the characters. I would love to see them work together again.

I would also love to see Lindsay work with Hawkes on a case. Just the two of them. They don't have many scenes together anyway and it would be nice to get to see them work a case together. I think it would be interesting, because both of them seem to always have random trivia to share with everyone else.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Indeed! They shared a lot of fantastic scenes. I think the most so far I loved the way Stella supported Lindsay in season 3 and in season 5. I love how she tried to make her talk about what's bothering her in season 3. Wasn't Stella the first person who found out what happened to Lindsay's friends? This says a lot about their relationship in my eyes, because Lindsay really tried to keep people away from that secret. And in season 5 it was Stella who Lindsay asked about what to do when she was afraid because of the chemicals. Even though she used the 'my friend' way to ask, it didn't take Stella a second to understand what was meant. And I love how she calmed Lindsay down when they were in the hospital. To only name a few moments I love.

Yeah, I think Eva was a very interesting character, again with a lot of different sides. Anna is great with portraying many different sides of the same character.

Oh yes! She rocked both scenes. I love how she reacted to the officer's comment. Yeah, you better not mess with her! :lol: And how about the interrogation of the wife of the victim where she explains bruises to her? I love those moments so much, I could watch them over and over again. She's great with interrogations, so we definitely need to see a lot of those again.

ETA:
    Agree! Oh, I almost forgot about the Buzzkill scene. :lol: That was very cool as well. Even though I wonder why that cat didn't make Flack sneeze. But it was a cool scene indeed. I also love the other scenes you mentioned. I love it when she shows emotions.

Yeah, all those pics are from The Handler I think. She looks hot in them, if you ask me.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

I remember that scene in DWTF. I feel like I just saw it for some reason. But what I didn't get was why he came on her like that in the first place. I personally thought it was fairly rude. Bus she still handled her own. And I think she did a damn good job.

And I forget about all those interrogatios with Lindsay. I agree with you Maya316. I like the more personal moments with Lindsay. I think Anna does a great job of portrying those in her acting.:)

I like the longer hair too. I like her haricut but I prefered it longer. But I loved the darker color from MI. I wonder if they'll ever change it on the show.:confused:

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I have to say I would like to see Lindsay all dressed up again. I mean, did you ever see Anna in those promo pics for MI or The Handler? She can look so hot! I'm sure Danny would jump at her right the moment he sees her like that. :lol: Seriously, I would like to see her like that, like in Risk.

I also love that Lindsay doesn't hesitate to chase and tackle suspects. Like in Zoo York, like in Risk. Oh, and she's cool with her gun, like in Boo. I remember we once had a list when all the weapons she can use. :lol: The list is long.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I know, right? I love both Sara and Catherine from the original CSI, but their relationship, funny as it often was, always left me going :rolleyes: I mean, they didn't seem that different from one another - they had more in common with each other than I think Stella and Lindsay have - but it was like every few episodes they were at each other's throats over something. And from what I've seen from CSI Miami, Calleigh and Natalia appear to get along, but aren't really friends either. Although I kind of get the feeling that was another "lost opportunity" female friendship. I feel like Stella and Lindsay, as shaky as they sometimes are, are the "third-times-the-charm" attempt from the franchise :lol: They need to develop that!

Ooh, I love the Hawkes/Lindsay dynamic! They haven't had as many scenes together lately as they used to have, but I do feel like after Danny, Hawkes is the one on the team that Lindsay is closest to. I mean, she seems to frequently have an easy rapport with him, he calls her nicknames, which again, no one outside of Danny does (well, Flack and Stella do on occasion, but not nearly as often), and she seems to tell him things about herself that she doesn't really let slip with other people. We need more cases with them together - one of my favourite things about Season 3 was how often we saw them working together.

Stella is always the one showing the overt support of Lindsay...and then Lindsay always seems to be the one who wants to show support of Stella only rarely does it properly. Like, I keep remembering the way we saw Lindsay being all off-kilter throughout "All Access", which told me she really cared about what Stella went through, but I wonder if she ever actually did go talk to Stella after the events of "All Access" were over. I didn't find it too surprising that Stella was the first to know about Lindsay's "secret", because Stella just kind of invites secrets that way, but I found it really telling about their friendship that aside from Mac, Lindsay was the only other one to know about Creepy-Drew before the sh*t hit the fan. It seems to me like Lindsay really wants to drop her walls for Stella (and Stella is always open and ready to accept it whenever she does), but a lot of the time she can't. A lot of my favourite Stella/Lindsay moments come from early-Season 4, because that was the only real time you could really see the walls coming down.

Exactly! I mean, calculating-bombshell-media-shark-Eva-Rossi is about as far as you can get from the character of Lindsay Monroe, so I guess it makes sense that if Anna really liked Lindsay from the start, she wouldn't have been as fond of Eva from the start (although I like them both). What I find impressive is that she made it work anyway. So, if they ever were to take Lindsay's character in more complex directions, I could totally see it working in the same way (hint hint TPTB ;)).

Oh, poor Officer Murphy :guffaw: (and yeah, those "don't mess with me" scenes of hers are totally DVD-rewind-moments). I mean, he so got what was coming to him as far as Lindsay's reaction went...she's really tough, but what made me especially fond of her in that scene was how, well, different a reaction it seemed in comparison to how the other characters would've reacted. It seemed almost touchy, and then she got really snarky afterward, even when he wasn't really saying anything mean. Anyone else might've just ignored the "Dorothy" comment or returned it with a joke. We need more Lindsay moments like that! I mean, I'm half-convinced that's how the snark-fest relationship between Lindsay and Flack got started. She maybe got the feeling he didn't like her, and started returning the hostility tenfold. I think they like each other plenty now, but I could believe that they didn't at first.

More interrogations would be just the thing! I'm still optimistic - I think half the reason we didn't see Lindsay in as many interrogations in Season 5 was because of Anna Belknap's pregnancy.

ETA

I totally forgot about the cat and Flack's allergies :lol: Oh, consistency. "Buzzkill", though, is another favourite episode, especially from Season 4.

Long hair definitely suits her, although I think I'm a fan of long straight hair for her. I don't know, I liked her curls from Season 2, and even from early Season 3, but I wasn't that happy with them in mid-to-late Season 3. I was pretty glad to see the haircut in S4 (I didn't like it as much when it got really, really short, but toward the beginning it was really nice). However, I think they've got a specific look in mind when it comes to Lindsay on CSI:NY - "girl next door".

I got the feeling that Officer Murphy was just having a bad day, to be honest :lol: And, well, uniformed officers (at least in the early seasons) tended to be somewhat derogatory to CSIs in general - Stella had to deal with her fair share of rude remarks from unis in Season 1, as did Danny and Aiden.

Yeah, I do wish they would show that tackling-side of her more often -
    I could somewhat understand not showing her with a gun as often, since we're supposed to believe she's suffered lasting trauma from the Season 3 ordeal, but still. That's why they need to return to the two-case deals, so we can see more diversity in the CSIs' abilities (And Lindsay's in particular!). Not to mention I can't really believe that for a crime show that takes place in New York City, a team of about seven people is only having to deal with one murder case a night/day.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I really agree about the Stella and Lindsay friendship. It would be so great to see them closer and have more friendship moments. I totally forgot about Drew and that she told Lindsay about the presents! That's true! I also like that Lindsay asked her about the presents and Stella just told her what was going on. They should work together more often and maybe have some private talks again. It's always nice to see.

Yeah, very true! In season 3 they worked together a lot, and I loved to see that. You remember how Hawkes tried to calm her down when she was biten by the snake? And also all the other scenes. They have a great work dynamic indeed. I also would like to see a case where Lindsay works with Danny and Hawkes. Did we ever see that combination? I'm not sure right now.

They did indeed! I remember the scene from season 1. Poor Officer Murphy, but somehow it's awesome that the new girl from Kansas- no, Montana, gave him a comment. :lol:

I like all of her haircuts, to be honest. She looks very different with each of them, but I love all those styles.

I agree. A two or three case episode would also give all of them something to do. Often they all have such a limited screentime and just run around with results or case files but don't really get to do different things. Also it's much more interesting to see them solve different cases in my opinion.

12. jessicalynn

I could go on and on about Anna's hair. LOL. But seriously. I really like the curls from season 2. I also liked the color at the beginning of season 2. I wasn't a huge fan of her hair in seasons 4 and 5. I mean, I liked it enough, but it's definitely not my favorite. I really really really want to see her with long hair past her shoulders and I want to see it dark brown again. Maybe even her natural color... (of course I think her hair is naturally a dark chocolate brown anyway, but still)

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

What I really want to see is Lindsay getting a chance to really be there for Stella, like Stella often is for her. That scene from "Greater Good" where they were talking to each other in the hospital was a little on the awkward side, but I was so excited to see it - I thought it showed real growth from Lindsay because in Seasons 2, 3, 4, even early Season 5 I could not have pictured her letting anyone in about her fears of motherhood, let alone telling Stella about them. I thought it was very good for her. What I think would be even better for her now, would be her being the one to make that first move to support Stella. I think one of my favourite Stella/Lindsay moments in the show is that little one from "Thing About Heroes", where Stella was frustrated about the puzzle and Lindsay came in to help when she didn't have to. I know it's such a tiny thing, and Lindsay was so awkward during that moment, but Stella seemed to realize what a big deal it was for Lindsay to be making that first move, so I really loved it. :lol:

That snake scene makes me squeal every time I see it; although I think my favourite moment from that episode was probably Lindsay telling Hawkes about her mom's old, used Pinto :D I wish they would develop this friendship between Hawkes and Lindsay, or at least let us see more of it. They always seem to be "hanging out" together in the background and stuff, and it's been a pet theory of mine that Hawkes is probably the closest thing to a best friend that Lindsay has on the team. Hmm, a Hawkes/Danny/Lindsay case...I feel like there have been a few of them, but I can't actually recall any of them to mind. At least, none where it was just the three of them - I think they were working together in "Admissions" from Season 4, but the whole team was working that case.

LOL, the early days of CSI:NY ... I dunno, I miss them because the show just seemed more genuinely "New-Yorker-ish" back then, when they were solving several, mostly-realistic cases at once. Lately, a lot of the cases have revolved around politics...which, while interesting, doesn't give CSI: NY much individuality among the other shows in the franchise, let alone on TV. And yeah, the screentime issues don't give many of the cast much chance to do anything except hand off a file to Mac.

I think my favourite style from Season 2 would probably have been early Season 2, when Lindsay had her hair straight. (I'm hopeful they'll kind of go back to that, since in "Pay Up" her hair was at least as long as it was when she first came onto the show). Not so much when it was just loose and flipped out at the ends, but I like the high ponytails she used to wear - I found them cute, and very reflective of Lindsay's somewhat-uptight personality back then. :lol: I really, really love the dark-brown colour of Eva Rossi's hair, but I don't know, I can't see it fitting Lindsay that well. The show seems very set on having her fit the whole "wholesome-girl-next-door" image, and the light-brown hair she has now works better for that look. The dark hair is a little sassier, which worked for Eva on "Medical Investigation", but not so much for Lindsay I think.

LOL, hey I thought Anna Belknap's hair was naturally light-brown? I mean, that's the colour of it in most of the pictures I've seen her in...

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Agree with you! I would really love to see Lindsay supporting Stella. I always wished we saw such a scene in All Access. Lindsay was so affected, I wish we would have seen her visit Stella or something like that. I read a really good fanfic where she did that, and it would have fitted very well. I think I remember that scene, but I need to rewatch it again. I also liked them in that episode where the puzzle was found. Oh, they need to work together more often!

Yeah, the two seem to be really close, since the beginning. It's a wonderful friendship and I would love to see them show it more. What I also loved was when the promo pics for Greater Good came out, there was one where Danny and Lindsay are sitting in the bed with Lucy and Hawkes looks at her and has his hand at her shoulder. That was a sweet scene.

I also remember they worked together in the episode where Mac went to Chicago. Danny, Lindsay and Hawkes were together in a scene.

I know what you mean.

What I also wonder about is if they will bring up the issues Lindsay has with mothers. Now that she and Danny have a baby I think it would make sense to bring that up again. She's a mother herself now. I wonder how she feels about that.

15. jessicalynn

Yeah I really like early season 2. I've seen a few pictures of her from college where it's really dark brown, but then there are the pics that were in the episode from season 2, I think it was Stealing Home, where her hair seemed to be a medium brown. Who knows what it really is lol.