Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Hey you two, welcome! :) It's always nice to see new Anna/Lindsay fans. I agree, the scene at the lab was adorable. What I'm also happy about is that we got some nice demonstrations last season which we can add to our list. I think my favourite is the one with the strange fruits. :lol: And poor Mac had to be part of it again. I think Lindsay had some great scenes in season 5, and especially in the emotional scenes she was fantastic again. Her performance in Greater Good was so realistic. It is great to see Danny and Lindsay together in all those episodes.

I also finally got to see Anna in Medical Investigation! You know how much I always wanted to see that show and finally it airs here again. She's so fantastic in it! Especially I love all the different sides of her character Eva. At the beginning she is rather cold, but later she's much softer, especially in the finale, which is really emotional. Awesome! Also I love Anna's performance in Without A Trace. Her character Paige was interesting! It's so cool to see her in those roles.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I know she was really good on that show and on Csi ny two different characters. I think that she should color her hair back to that dark brown she look really great with it.

I Loved Eva Rossie she is so different then lindsay in the way she talks and the way she dresses lol. I loved her in the finale she was so great I thought when she saw the little boys parents dead she was so great and so vulnerable and emotional it was great. I loved the end it was sad cause she wanted to keep reberto but she could'nt and she did the single tear was so great.

3. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of Anna and Lindsay.

Lindsay is a character that in my opinion is easy to relate to. She's smart, sweet, hard working, and all in all just an amazing person. She reminds me of myself because she is someone who you wouldn't think of as tough but deep down she's a fighter.

In terms of Anna, I couldn't think of a better person to play Lindsay. She does such a good job of potryaing Lindsay's feelings and strong points. I love her in every single episode. She's the reason I love Lindsay so much.:)

4. jessicalynn

jessicalynn Dead on Arrival

I love Anna so much! She's an amazing actress and I think she is absolutely gorgeous. I've seen her in several different shows and her range is amazing. She was especially good in Law & Order: SVU. The scene where her character breaks down in the lineup was heartbreaking.

And I adore Lindsay. She is my favorite character on the show. She's so sweet and charming and, even though she survived a horrific crime, she's become such a strong woman. I love her.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh yes, I agree! That was an emotional episode, I'm still impressed by it. I love the way she changed from the tough girl handling the newspaper guys to the vulnerable woman who wanted to adopt the young boy. It was wonderful to see and I just wanted to hug her. I really love her character a lot. Eva is just cool. I can't wait to see the next episode tonight.

Aww, Andie, such a great description of Anna and Lindsay! What I love about Lindsay is how many different sides she has. I mean, just compare her in Zoo York, where she tackled down a suspect and in Corporate Warriors where she interrogated that guy and in Dancing With The Fishes, where she was working the case on her own at the beginning to the way she was later, when she had to deal with her past, where she was so insecure and vulnerable. Lindsay has many different sides and Anna portrays her perfectly! What I also love is how she interacts with other team members, with Danny of course (oh, the hotness), but also with Stella. I love the friendship. She gets along with all of them.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Hey! :) Does anyone here know where I can find "Medical Investigation" online? I keep hearing about it and so I want to check it out myself, but none of my usual TV sites have it...

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

There are a couple of scenes on youtube; especially if you want to see Anna in the show that might be helpful. I'm not sure about how many scenes of how many episodes there are, but you can definitely find a lot of Anna's scenes there.

What I also love are Anna's performances in L&O SVU and in Without A Trace. Again very emotional and intense roles and she was fantastic in them.

I also wanted to add that I'm hoping to see something like we got in Dancing With The Fishes. I know I have talked about that episode like a hundred times, but I really wonder why they didn't let Lindsay work a case alone more often. In Dancing With The Fishes she did at the beginning and I would love to see that again. I have to say I'm happy that in season 5 she got more screentime than she did in the season before. It was nice to see. Now if we get to see her in the field or during an interrogation again, I'm a happy fan. :D

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^Thank you! I looked around on Youtube and found a few of the "Med Investigation" scenes...but I keep catching them out of order, so it's confusing to tell what's going on in them. The scenes I did catch though, I like. I saw an interview somewhere where Anna Belknap mentioned she didn't really like the character of Eva Rossi; I found that surprising because I loved her :D and Anna played her well.

Ooh, Dancing with the Fishes is one of my favourite episodes from Season 2! (Although I'd still have to say "Corporate Warriors" is probably my very favourite.) And yeah, it was so awesome to see Lindsay working a case on her own...a little strange, because she was supposed to be a rookie, but so worth it anyway:lol: The thing is, we don't really often see the CSIs working solo cases on this show, not nearly as much as we see CSIs working solo on the other two shows. They usually restrict that to the "three-cases" episodes (in all three shows), and it sucks that they haven't done those kinds of episodes in years. That's why I think we haven't really seen Lindsay (or anyone else) do solo work again. These past couple of years, we're lucky if we get more than one case an episode :rolleyes: They need to bring back the diversity!

As for field and interrogations, I'm optimistic ;) Lindsay tends to be more action-oriented as a whole in the seasons where Anna Belknap isn't pregnant (she had plenty of interrogations in Season 4, and even quite a few in early Season 3, when Anna wasn't showing as much); and Season 6 is already looking like it has some good moments.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  9. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

^^ Ah, I remember that one. I think I just saw it. And yes, I really enjoyed Lindsay working a case by herself, even if it was only in the beggining.

I do wonder why CSI NY is the main show that still has only one case per episode. I know Vegas use to do like two or three. I swear they've done even four!! As much as I love the whole team, having one case resticts people into certain positions and Lindsay always seems to be in the lab. Sheldon too. If they're in the field, it's mostly like a processing montage or something. I would love a Lindsay solo case or maybe just Lindsay and Flack or something. They always seem to make me laugh. :lol:

And, you know, I've never seen Anna in Medical Investigation. I saw her Law and Order episode which was amazing and Without a Trace too. Now I've got to check those out. I don't remember hearing about it when it was on though.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ From what I've seen, I think all three CSI shows have jumped on the same bandwagon of doing only one case per episode lately...CSI Vegas and Miami, though, spent at least five years doing two-case episodes (minimum) before things changed, which is why they stick out in my mind. I think they should've given NY five years too, before they began sticking to the one-case episodes :shifty:

I totally agree about the restrictiveness (lol, and about the awesomeness of Flack and Lindsay scenes! 9 times out of 10, their scenes crack me up). The thing is, especially with all the new characters they're adding to the CSI casts, you'd think the best way to spread screentime evenly and make sure everyone is allowed to shine, would be to go back to those 2-case episodes. Considering the emphasis they've promised to place on character development and storylines this season, I think the best way to do that would be to concentrate on individual relationships. I'd love to see Lindsay fly solo again (now especially, since it makes much more sense than when she was the rookie). But I'd probably prefer to see her working in tandem with one or two other members on the team - rather than kind of getting lost in the giant shuffle of tasks that occurs when the entire team works on a single case. "One Wedding and a Funeral" is one of my favourite episodes from Season 4, because I still love the Stella-Adam-Lindsay dynamic we saw there.

I'm still looking for the actual show online, but I'd definitely check out the "MI" Eva-Rossi scenes from Youtube if I were you :) To me, she's enough like Lindsay to keep things interesting, but different enough (genuinely warmer, yet far more manipulative) to Lindsay that it's kind of a jarring contrast.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  11. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

Yeah, I'm glad you agree. I mean, a lot of the times, the one cases are interesting, but it would be nice to see the team split up every once in a while. I would love to see Stella and Lindsay working on a case together. Two strong women catching bad guys would totally make my day.:lol:

I hope that everyone gets a fair amount of screentime. But what I would really love to see is an episode where Lindsay takes the lead in a case. You know, interrogating, finding that ever-important piece of evidence. I would so love to see her doing what every character has had a chance to do. I'm pretty sure that every character has had a recent "hero" moment and I think it's time that Lindsay had hers. Besides, I'm sure Anna would do an amazing job of bringing back the fighter in Lindsay. :)

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm sure you mean this quote here:

"You know, it's hard [to pick]. It's funny because you start to like the people you play, you start to really care about them, so it's hard to pick a favorite. But I like Lindsay. This character I played last year, I couldn't stand her at the beginning. I thought it was so far from me, this character on Medical Investigation and then by the time the season was over, I really liked her. And some stuff I've done in plays--I played Marina in "Pericles" and that was one of my favorite parts." - on her favorite role to play so far."

source: http://www.anna-belknap.tk/

Yeah, I honestly miss that. I remember Hawkes worked a case alone in season 2, so did Lindsay, Danny did that in season 1. It was fantastic to watch. It's true, I didn't watch the whole season 5 yet, but there weren't really that much two case episodes, right? I love it when they have more than one case, because it gives everyone the chance to do more than just running around with files. :lol: I agree it was surprising that Lindsay was allowed to lead that case even though she was new, but now it would definitely make a lot of sense.

About Dancing With The Fishes, one of my favourite examples to explain what I want, I love the scene she had with the officer at the very beginning of the episode. :lol: And her interrogation scene in Corporate Warriors was great as well. What I also loved was Stealing Home though. She worked with Danny and also with Flack, but still she did a lot of the work. Same she did in A Daze Of Wine And Roaches- I love how she just rushed from one room to the other, Danny hardly able to follow. :lol: I would also love to see her work with Stella again.

:lol: Absolutely, it's what I wanna see as well.

And if you want to see Anna in MI, you should really check her scenes on youtube. They're great.

13. Andie

Andie Hit and Run

I agree completely. I would love to see Lindsay interrogating again. I feel like she hasn't done it since season 3 or so and I miss that side of her. I think every character (with the exception of Hawkes maybe) has had some really great, intense interrogating scenes. I would pay to see Lindsay and Flack maybe, using sarcastic comments or something. That would totally make my day.

And I will definitely check out the show on youtube. I'm sure I'll like it. When was it on the air though? I guess I could just look it up. :lol:

And Im sure we've all seen this pic, but I figured the thread could use one.

[​IMG]
    credit- iceposter.com

Ain't she pretty?:lol:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  14. BeccaKarenWoods

BeccaKarenWoods Victim

Hey! for those of you who are in England, Medical Investigation is every weekday at 12:40 on Channel 5!

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I heard about that! Here in Germany it airs as well. It's so great they're doing reruns of the show again.

Yeah, I love her interrogations, Andie. There were some great ones in season 4. Like in Admissions. I love when Lindsay interrogated Gerrard's daughter. Another favourite interrogations are the ones Lindsay and Stella did in Live Or Let Die and also the one where Lindsay and Danny interrogated James Vackner.

Now that you posted such a nice picture, here's another one. ;)

[​IMG]

credit: fanpop.com

I still don't know exactly where the cap is from. I think it's from The Handler. She looks really pretty with the long hair.