Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Mostly all the music on my youtube playlist is Calliegh and Eric songs from the show, their moments, from hiphugger vids...listening to them right now :(

I honestly think that they will make Eric go to nights like he mentioned in season's past. If Adam will be staying recurring, the best option is to transfer
    Eric to nights (temporarily). I think that Eric and Cal will pull through, but he will keep his promise so they could keep their relationship. No killing off Eric!! :klingon:

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I could see that too...

Like you said if Adam remains only as recurring then I could see him moving to the night shift like Eric isinuated he would back in season 6. It would given the reason why we don't see him all the time but would also give the opportunity to see him every now and then.

And hopefully if that is the case, E/C will remain together and strong

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I suppose I could deal with that, but at the same time...
    [spoiler="what else?'] I really, really, reallyreallyreallyreally don't want him to not be a permanent cast member! Okay, tantrum aside, I do keep thinking about the whole switching to night shift business and how they essentially gave themselves an incredible door (if Adam is in fact leaving...I'm still hoping it's a bad joke). Granted, I also have this incredible fear in the pit of my stomach that they'll completely forget that he even said that and have him move to Bahrain with a hooker named Cherry or something stupid like that.[/spoiler]

Like you guys have said before, they can't spend a million seasons building this up and then just pretend like it never happened. The characters, the fans, the story, etc, all are already far too invested in it.

Someone needs to write fluffy EC fic to cheer us all up.

4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Yeah! That'd be great! Not one, but many many fluffy EC fics. We've all been pretty down lately :(. We really need the boost!
    If all the rumours are true:
    I'm still having a hard time accepting that Adam won't be in the opening credits :scream: I can't even bring myself to think beyond that! Pathetic, isn't it? I like CSIM mainly because of EC. I rate an episode based on the EC storyline; if an episode has a lot of good EC scenes, then it's a good one. Otherwise, meah....
    So I really don't know how I will handle the 8th season if there won't be any EC scenes.
    I understand that sending Eric to the night shift is a much better option than killing him off, or sending him away. This way, we could have the EC babies we were hoping for, and there's always a chance that he'll be back at some point. However, I'm a D&D addict. I really really really need my weekly EC fix :guffaw:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm writing a quite cheerful one now, but it doesn't deal with the details of the new season, just some made up thing. I've been thinking about starting one, like a sequel to my other stories, but I have to make sure I finish this one and most importantly have a mind set on the new one, because if I dont and run outta time then the story's a bust....I'm thinking of a person who writes lovely fics, I wonder if she'll do it?:rolleyes:

6. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

I only started watching Miami regularly becuse of Calleigh's character (used to just watch it on and off for the science and crime). ever since E/C it has became of the the main reasons that i youtube every tuesday morning for the newest episode(i live in UK so we are still in season7) so...
    I also dont know how i'd cope without Eric in this season, at least not regularly...and openning credit too! i've forgotten about that!i just hope that Eric's departure will be done nicely, i.e. someone mentioned before that cos E/C are so serious about their relationship that Eric decided to sacrifice his day shift job. cos at least they are still 'together' but just that we can see them together!:)

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

My thoughs and reasons for wacthing too. I couldn´t have said it any better. And I am still left wondering; Can Eddie "save" the show?

For fans like you and I who might leave and the newcomers who turn in because of the hype of "the kiss". How will they and we react and will it matter to the show? If the american hiphuggers are correct ratings skyrockted after the hype and then within a few episodes one leaves?..... This could only make sense and be satisfied by ????????

8. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Just wondering if anyone saw this,
    http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/08/csi-miami-latest-from-tv-guide-magazine.html

the first part is all cool but the rest....:( it looks like Adam is really leaving now both Eva and Emily have confirmed it...i just hope that his departure will be a good one, i.e. E/C are still together...also the last paragraph worries me...
    "The actress says she’s looking forward to learning just what’s in store for Cibrian’s addition and the fate of Erik’s romance with Caliegh (Emily Procter). “I’m kind of wondering what’s going to happen with Eddie, because Emily and Adam were together last year and I’m thinking he’s up for grabs.”"

are the writers planning on getting Cal and Jesse together?!!? what are they thinking?! Cal and Eric belong together! :scream:

9. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Thanks for the link! :)

I think everyone's seen it by now. I guess we're all trying to process it...

What I don't like is this guy over at buddytv again...
    http://www.buddytv.com/articles/csi...llid=500000548&answer=500001874#poll500000548

This is just HOGWASH to me, really. I really don't think that they will have Jesse come in and sweep Calleigh off her feet. Honestly, the relationship she has or will have had with Eric was irreplaceable. If anything, like I said before, they will have him hook up with Natalia. Really disappointed over this whole thing and know there are those out there who are basking in the enjoyment. Eric's character brought so much to the show and really, if its due to poor contract negotiations, than they're idiots. I guess Emily was right when she said they were back on a budget - they can't even afford to pay their actors (who bring ratings to the show) the right kind of money!! :scream:

I'm venting, I know, but this really sux! :(

10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I seriously doubt that the writers will take that route. For one thing
    It'd be so out of character for Cal to get involved with anybody, let alone another co-worker, on the rebound. It took her sooo long to let her guards down with Eric in the first place, that I just can't see her doing it again for quite some time. On the contrary, if the EC love story is not properly resolved, I actually see her going totally the opposite direction: closing off to the world and building her emotional walls up again! She will be too scarred to seek out another romantic entanglement any time soon.
    Also, the show is now trying to get the viewers to like this new character Jesse. Having him replace Eric in Cal's heart ( and arms) will certainly NOT accomplish that. On the contrary, all the EC shippers (and there are a lot of us) will resent him for it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

**hugs Carla**

I know what you mean. I am completely heartbroken over this development.

I mean I know that this wouldn't last forever(him being on the show). The speculation that Jesse would even attempt to replace Eric in Calleigh's heart is complete BS.

As upsetting as it is to me, I really do hope that the writers handle this properly. Don't just have him leave without saying goodbye to anyone, completely breaking Calleigh's heart in the process. I hope that they justify his leaving by saying that he is moving to the night shift or that he is going to be an instructor for underwater recovery...that way he is still mentioned time to time by Calleigh or someone else on the team. They have fought to hard for this relationship, don't destroy something that we have waited 7 long seasons for. We waited through Hagen, Peter & Jake. Calleigh and Eric are destined to be together...don't destroy it by telling us that Eric is leaving the lab because he feels that he has no ones trust, especially Calleigh's.

I am going on to the little bit of hope I have left and hope that they get their happy ending...they deserve it and we as fans deserve it even more.

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I wonder where we will be posting with Adam leaving? Will you gals stay here?

Well I am back with my previous plea.....
    PLease let him leave still or reinlove with Calliegh Or I´ll stop watching.

But I guess my plea is in vain Why else would he call Nat to tjek on Call. So I am bracing myself for the worst. Not only are they broken up. He is leaving. AND - NO - the hope of him returning in finaleepisode just is not enough for me.As I have stated time and time again. E/C time was the eyecandy in the dark storylines that was the crimesolving.

For Composer1234: Which route do you see they going?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  13. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

:(:(:(

well, if he is going to be in 10 episodes (from his twitter message) and he called Nat in episode 2, and we know that the interview will be in episode 3 and they clearly havent talked to each other from the spoiler. So he still have 7 more episodes to solve the issue with Cal....i am keeping my fingers crossed.

this really sux....*sigh*...I wish it's sept 21st tomrrow.

14. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

It's the worst day of my life. Today I had to put my rabbit to sleep, because she was very old and very sick. And if it was not enough misfortunes I read this luckless interview with Eva. I really feel like in some terrible nightmare from which I can't wake up even if I try:(.

I truly hope they don't break them up for good even if it looks that way now. The worst idea would be if they try to put Calleigh with this new guy. Though Adam leaves I still want them to be together even if it means only off screen. I still don't like it, but it's better then total lack of E/C. If he really will be present in 10 episode then it's a lot of time to resolve everything between them. It's hard to know that we won't be able to watch lovely E/C moments anymore, but it'd be easier for me to accept it knowing they are still happy with each other even if I won't see it. :(
    And it leaves the possibility of Eric's return, maybe in the last episode of the series. Just for the big, great wedding of Calleigh and Eric.:)

15. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Guys, seriously chill out.
    Let's take a moment and just look at this...
    "The actress says she’s looking forward to learning just what’s in store for Cibrian’s addition and the fate of Erik’s romance with Caliegh (Emily Procter). “I’m kind of wondering what’s going to happen with Eddie, because Emily and Adam were together last year and I’m thinking he’s up for grabs.” I totally read this as ELR hoping SHE would get a relationship with the new guy. Not Calleigh. I mean, I highly doubt ELR really cares about Calleigh's relationship. She wants her own. Some of you have already said it, but TPTB would be absolutely idiotic to have Calleigh jump into anyone's arms (especially whatever this new guy's name is if they want the people to like him)...further proof? Anyone remember ER? Eric and Calleigh are kind of of the same caliber as Doug and Carol...probably even above when it comes to all things (time, emotion, etc.) invested in the relationship. Now, obviously I can't compare the fan reaction to D/C to that of E/C, but it doesn't seem too far removed

if Adam's tweets are correct, we do have 10 episodes. Plus, they actually said he won't be a permanent character. Look how much Yelina's in there, and she's not on the thing any longer (though she may as well be a regular because she gets more screen time than most of the regulars). I mean, yeah, with their track record, we have reason to be afraid they're going to completely screw Eric and Cal over, but they might not.
    from what I've read, this is a lot better than we were originally expecting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.