In Plain Sight- Witness. Protection.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Bryn Elizabeth, Jun 15, 2009.

1. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i just keep noticing how bad Marshall seems to be taking the news. the last episode when he was playing "Drunken Chess", he was talking to Mary and he looked like he wanted to cry! poor Marshall...

2. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

It's so sad. I almost don't like it. I think that it would be messed up if he makes Mary feel guilty, although I would enjoy a relationship from them.

But you're absolutely right. He seems to be taking it HORRIBLY. He usually looks like he wants to cry now. Break my hearttt.

3. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Spring is way too long to have to wait until the next season. OMG what a cliffhanger.

Mary get shot! :eek: Marshall just broke my heart when he cried as Mary entered the emergency room. What he said to her...that made me an official M&M shipper. I'm trying to figure out the shooting scene though, Mary yelled gun and she took a shot but the question is at who. If it wasn't Mario who had the gun and it did look like the guy who she got out of the house was about to reach for something. It too me looked like she saw someone from a distance. Can anyone help clarify?

4. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

This is going to be fun, talking entirely in closed boxes. :confused::lol::confused:
    It definitely looking like Mario was drawing a weapon, and you can't really blame Bobby for making that assumption, right? I guess we'll have to wait and see what Mary says when she wakes up. That put a bad taste in my... fingers. Suggesting to someone else to be patient, when I'm absolutely not!!! I don't want to wait. But I guess that's the only option. Wahhhhhh!!!!!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The ep aired days ago, so you don't have to put the comments about it in spoiler boxes if you don't want to. :) I haven't watched it yet. I'm a bit behind on my taped stuff. But, I don't mind being spoiled. :lol:

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Wow, the finale was intense. I kind of figured Mary would get shot, but I expected it to be at the end of the episode. Marshall's reaction was heart-breaking. He is so clearly in love with her. Not that Raph doesn't love Mary, but he didn't seem as broken up about it. Perhaps he's just better at keeping it in.

I was waiting for Eleanor's reaction to Mary getting hurt, but it never came! Shame. I'm sure she would have been great.

I think that Bobby shot her. Not intentionally, but by accident. Mario didn't have a gun, Francesica didn't have one either (I rewinded and checked), but Bobby did. It would be pretty lame if the shooter was just some punk that was in the background, so I'm pretty sure it will be him. Besides, he was acting kind of weird at the police station.

And then there's this...
    As previously reported, the show has already been picked up for a third season.
    When the show does return, however, it will look a bit different. For starters, Lesley Ann Warren (the mother of Mary McCormack's character) and Todd Williams (detective Bobby Dershowitz) have been dropped as series regulars.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Why'd they have to drop Jinx? She's wacky fun! I'm indifferent about Bobby though. But yeah, if Bobby is the one who shot Mary, I could see him questioning whether or not he wants to remain on the force. But, I can't see Mary or Marshall being able to work with him again. Shame really... I rather liked him being all buddy buddy with Marshall. :lol:

Oh by the way, best line ever was in that one ep where Bobby asked M&M what was with the two of them and Mary replied "We're trying to get pregnant and the stress is getting to us." :guffaw:

Was Stan (the chief) in the season finale or was he still away at a conference? I love Paul Ben-Victor. But, every time I see Stan, I can't help but miss Paul's Iman character Bobby Hobbes. :lol: I'd love to see Stan's reaction to Mary getting shot.

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Very interesting theory about the shooter. I'm going to have to watch the scene again, but I don't remember seeing Bobby discharge his weapon. I'm gonna throw this theory out there, but what if Mary's shooting has something to do with Mary's father. That storyline seemed to have gone away when the 'sister' Mary knows nothing about disappeared. The listening device in her house; that was never really explained. Someone has been keeping tabs on Mary.

Your spoiler for the two regulars is a bummer. I'm hoping it has to do with them wanting to move on to other projects and not being fired.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I finally watched the ep last night. I don't think Bobby fired his weapon. I think the shot came from way across the street. Someone said something about someone not being able to see the actual shooter behind a tree or something. At least that's what it sounded like to me. :lol:

Loved when Marshall kissed Mary's forehead. And when he broke down crying and Stan ran over to him and Marshall says "she wasn't breathing, Stan" as he sobbed... and then Stan pulling him into a hug. Awww. Loved that hug. So sweet.

I love that the doctor sat down with them and explained Mary's condition. He looked familiar too, but I can't figure out why. :lol:

Loved Marshall's talk with Raph.

And Raph and the commercial and Mary's reaction. Loved the other woman's reaction when Mary told her that was her fiance. "Chica, good for you." :lol:

I was cheering Stan on when he grabbed that other agent guy and told him that Mary might die because of his stupidity and he's filed a complaint against him. :lol: Go, Stan!

I thought for sure when they were showing Mary and the machine beeping that it was gonna flatline and that was gonna be the cliffhanger.

10. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

No. we heard her yell gun and pull out her weapon before bobby spun to look. he wouldnt have had time to shoot her.

Yes! Stan rocked! And I thought they were going to have her eyes fly open and leave it there!

11. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

So... That was the best episode EVERRR. I totally spent the three bucks on iTunes.

First of all, I loved all the Spanish and latino music. Of course.

All that fighting with Raf... I'm not sure how long this relationship will last, unfortunately. She's always trying to control him. Has anyone noticed that Peter is only ever around to drive a wedge between the two?

I honestly have no clue who shot her. But it was INTENSE.

Marshall fricking broke my heart when he was just, like, sobbing. He clearly loves her. and I lvoed Stan's fatherly hug.

Everyone wants revenge here. That oughta be good. It would be great to have Marshall and Raf working together to get the guy. (If I was going to get rid of Raf, that might be how I'd do it.)

I was expecting the monitor to flatline in the end... Whatever.

Awww. I love Bobby D. and occasionally like Jinx.

I can't wait until next season.

Hmmm. Crappiest post ever. *facepalm* I apologize.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  12. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

when Marshall started crying i wanted to cry! i thought that he wa going to be a tough guy and cry on the inside but he just broke down. i guess that shows how much he really cares for Mary. can't to see the revenge that he brings to the shooter!

i still think that Mary and Raph are done. i'm not saying that because i'm an M&M shipper, but because of how Mary treats Raph. i still say she's not the marrying type...

i still have to catch the show from the beginning, but i like the episode so far!

13. GregNickRyanFan

I think that they'll eventually end up killing Raph off. I'd hate it, but its really the only way to go (other than her actually marrying him) now that he knows what she does for a living.

And I know Mary doesn't treat him that well, but he doesn't just lie down and take it either. He stands up to her and I think she needs someone like that.

I'm still waiting for a case where M&M have to go undercover as a married couple. Heehee.

14. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Hahahhaha. M&M undercover as a married couple would be pure awesomesauce. I definitely think they would pull it off WELL. I mean, they certainly bicker like a married couple. There are so many hints to that kind of relationship with them. (Bah. I especially loved the "We're trying to get pregnant" thing.) And, of course, Stan and Eleanor TOTALLY believed they were engaged. That's a BIG hint.

I'd really hate for them to kill Raf off, but, sadly, that seems to be the only way we can really get rid of him. I would miss Cristian de la Fuente SO much, and, of course, I just love Raf in general. But for there to be M&M, that seems to be the only logical way to get rid of Raf. I just don't see him leaving. I like my idea of him dying as he teams up with Marshall to get revenge for Mary. Maybe I should write that fic... Lol.

When Marshall broke down... It broke my heart. He really does love her. So much.

If Raf dies, at least there will be a lot of Marshall comforting Mary.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Don't you wish it'd been Marshall that Mary kissed on the mouth that time instead of Eleanor? As funny as Eleanor's reaction to that was. :lol:

Some were saying that Marshall did kiss Mary in one ep in the first season. Why don't I remember that part of the episode? :lol:

Bobby and Jinx will be on the show from time to time next season, just not regularly anymore. The actors will be on recurring/guest star status.

I have a few ideas for that fic, if you need it... including a song you could use as the theme for it. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009