Adam/Eric #9 - 'The Perfect Diversion'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2009.

1. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

I don't mean to be getting off subject, but I thought Rory wanted more action for his character?

They've been treating Adam's character badly over the years. Yeah, of course over seven years he needs to have several big storylines but it seems he's treated badly :(

That shot he received in season 5 should have been fatal, right? :S

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know about that. I just remember the tv guide article saying that he wanted to do movies.

He's been getting (semi)big storylines, but... Some people think Eric's personality changed too much and some fans were not too happy with the change. Maybe Adam felt the same way? Who knows?

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I personally think that Emily and Adam love this little joy ride their characters are on, it's fun for them and it's also a job, which is a good combination. So I don't think Adam wants to leave the show, in one of his interviews with Emily he said he wants to Calleigh and Eric have a baby by the series finale. As someone said about the money, it's true, even though I might not know half of what goes on being the screen, the whole entire world is in a money crisis...but come on, taking a lead character off the screen might just a big downfall. And this is from my non-EC point of view, almost every one who watches loves Eric.

4. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

We just have to wait to hear something official :(

Where's the best place to get spoilers now? The place I've been relying on since the beginning of June has really been slacking. I've noticed on LJ comms I belong to that spoilers/news are being posted while on the spoiler site nothing comes up until days later.

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Adam's latest twitter post is: 'What it is world?!' Seriously it's like he's living a dream, he always makes it seem like that.

6. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

So its confirmed..this suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!! :(

Still a little speechless, but I'm sure he'll be great success in anything he does for the future.

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Yeah, it really sucks! And what's worst is that
    Adam, unlike Rory, did not want to go and pursue a movie career exclusively. We KNOW from Emily's interview that this whole fiasco could've been prevented if the contract negotiations were handled properly! Oh, I'm so :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: right now!

8. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

well damn.....I was hoping not to find this out while i was eating, but i did and was not able to finish. Although we saw this coming, its still a shock. I want to say I have hope that they will figure something out but with Emily and Eva both confirming this, I have a feeling that whats done is done which makes me really mad.

9. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

:(:(:(:(
    yeah, however, i was hoping that the offcial statement will contradict all the spoilers...*sigh*...one can always dream! It will sink in eventually but at the moment I am still finding it hard to believe that he is not going to be there all the time from September.

i agree...also 'lining things up for the next move...whatever it is!'...:confused:

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Though I was prepering myself for that it's still really sad information:(.
    Unfortunately this is not a good month for me.

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

This sucks. This show has little credibility as it is...for obvious reasons. Add this to mix and my opinion of it has really gone down the toilet.

if this is all about money. Considering what Caruso makes per ep....I don't find it out of the question for the other actors on this show to ask for more money. The fact that probably while they were negotiating the show went out and hired an actor to replace him and lets face it that is exactly what Eddie is, brings my opinion of this show even lower. I would personally find that a slap in the face. to me it would say that my time and devotion to this show means nothing to you and you would rather go and pay someone else than work to get me to stay? WTF?

If it is not monetary and he simply wanted to leave to explore more avenues....my best wishes. But why then agree to be recurring? Why not just leave? Even if it is for just the beginning part of the season?

This is all just sooo damn confusing...I still want to hear from CBS but I highly doubt, unless Adam says something, we will ever really know the truth as to why he is leaving.

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Here's a little something to cheer you guys up courtesy of the Yahoo Group

Mary J. Blige music video for I Can Do Bad All By Myself with movie footage. Movie coming to theaters September 11th in the US!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/video/download/00009535/

BTW - my FAVORITE part is on 1.39-1.41 minutes :D GOT CHILLLLLSS - WOO ADAM!!

ENJOY!!

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thanks for the video Carla...I can't wait to see this movie...Adam is sooooo dreamy...LOL

14. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Thanks for the video!! 1.39 - 1.41 was inCREdibely nice!;-):thumbsup:

as for Adam, even though it looks as if its confirmed, i still wish CBS would just make an official annoucement on the matter...you know, maybe explain the reason why Adam isnt a permanent cast menber any more.
    Contract negotiation may also mean that maybe Adam wanted to be in other film productions while filming CSI Miami and CBS wont let him, maybe they wanted him to concentrate on only CSI Miami and Adam didnt like it so the compromise was that Adam will have a recurring role...??

just saw this on Adam's twitter and seeing as no one's posted it on this thread yet, I thought I'd do the honor!

"about to read a script. meeting tomorrow with a director that did one of my favorite movies. let you all know WHO when I get the job."

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

So here I am walking along the movie theater last night to see the hotness that is Channing Tatum and something caught my eye.

Its so nice to see his name on a movie poster. I can't wait to see him on the big screen. Many congratulations Adam!

[​IMG]