Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I know episode names are always subject to change and spoilers that give them can be flat out wrong - but I love the puns they use as titles. If 10X3 is indeed called "Working Stiffs", :lol:. I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of these type of titles.

2. erep

erep Witness

I, too, love their use of double entendre, in titles of episodes and in lines. It's one of the main things that keeps me interested in CSI, actually.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like that title. :)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have to wonder if that means this is the last season?:(

5. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^

I think it depends on the actors' contracts. If they only signed up until this season, this could be the "testing" season. If they manage to make the necessary changes and the ratings go up again (for good) they might consider making more seasons. If not, they'll probably make this the final season.

I don't know if I'd be sad if CSI ended this season, but I know I prefer my favourite show to end up while it's still good, than it lasting for another 10 seasons while it's quality goes down.

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

if season 10 repeats history and is like season 9 i kinda hope it is the last season

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Me too.

8. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

Yeah same, i mean they need to start focusing on the team and getting back to basics, but with the way the writers have been reusing stories it makes we wonder if they have anything left. They can't put the team through much more drama can they:lol:

To prove my point here's a quote from Grissoms Devine Comedy, and all the teams drama.

Maddie - why you? cause your the only one that won't screw it up.
    Grissom - My team won't screw it up
    Maddie - oh, right, your team, Warrick Brown got mixed up with a crooked judge, Sanders ran down a civilian while on duty, Miss Willows lied about being at a
    crime scene among other things, and who can forget stokes your straight arrow suspected of killing his hooker girlfriend, then there's the phone call, you
    phone me up, i get them out of it, if it weren't for me you'd have no team.
    Grissom - are you done?
    Maddie - sorry.

I mean how much more can they take:)

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'll comment on that scene and then move on.

Grissom slept with a member of his team..

Move on..

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Yeah but apparently that didn't require a phone call to Maddy...:rolleyes:

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And only because they didn't share it with anyone. I was glad to see Grissom got called at Natalie's trial.

Only points out to the hypocrisy of the writers of CSI though.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. PraetorCorvinus

Please can we avoid getting back into the whole GSR thing. I really don't want Destiny to close the thread.:(

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Or me. ;) :jingles keys to the supply cabinet:

14. PraetorCorvinus

Or Smokey! Who happens to be my favorite MOD!;)

15. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

It doesn't point out the hipocrisy of the writers of CSI, it points out the difference in nature between Grissom and Sara's rule-breaking and the issues Maddy's needed for (i.e., you may think whatever you want about GSR, but sleeping with your coworker won't get you in jail or make you stand a civil trial), and in the circumstances by which they were discovered.

Having said this, I get the point, and I may add I not only think they have to focus more on the team, but I also think they need to go easy on the personal storylines. Leave the drama and the trauma to the cases, and keep the personal storylines light-hearted. Greg was about to publish a book the other day, Cath's now the owner of Sam's empire and her daughter's going to college, Nick (even if it ruins my ship) kinda liked a redhead waitress and he has like 1000 sisters, Hodges wanted to do a game, etc... TPTB should play with that kind of stuff, instead of looking for dark pasts or "CSI-in-peril" storylines. And I've said this and I'll keep saying it: put in some murder-less crimes here and there. If I remember correctly, once upon a time CSIs investigated all kinds of crimes and felonies. And of course, go back to the geeky stuff and leave the cop stuff to the cops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.