Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Re: Eric and Calleigh #37

well I wish no one would leave, but that may not happen... there not saying anything, maybe tptb are telling Adam and emily not to say anything more becouse they have already said to much in there own ways... what if they both leave!!!

ok that will probably not happen, but still...

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I'm glad I can give you all some hope :D Do I think I am right? No, but hey you have to examine ALL areas of possibility untill you know for sure what is really going to happen. It doesn't pay to freak out....instead I choose to analyze it to death and probably see things that aren't there! :lol: But hey, it keeps things interesting right?

If I were to freak out however, I would be freaking out b/c I feel both of them are leaving. Maybe not at the same time but I think somewhere during the season we will be devoid of both of them. AND if that is the case, these frickin writers better give us the send off E/C deserves or there will be hell to pay :scream:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Oh please don't even say it. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to watch it if he leaves and now you're saying that you feel they both can leave.:wtf:
    All I can say it'd be total disaster and definitive end of miami for me.:(
    I can't even imagine Miami without Eric and Calleigh. Because they are the main reason I watch it after their departure I'd have no reason for which I would continue to watch the show.
    Unless they would do a show only with Eric and Calleigh. That I could watch 24/7:lol:.

4. schumibabe

schumibabe Victim

Well, I may be clutching at straws here but I'm desperate!

This item was posted over at Blind Gossip and since the "Eric's leaving" story is starting to get wider publicity, maybe this does refer to our man!

"You would think that once someone quits a job (or is fired from a job, or doesn't renew a contract on a job), that it would mean that the negotiations are over. Um, not quite. Both the producers of this television show and one of its stars are still talking, and that talk includes numbers. So folks, that means that although the press releases have rolled out, the negotiations dance goes on behind closed doors. Both parties are enjoying the headlines that it's producing. They are even considering letting viewers vote via a toll-free number as to whether the star should stay or go. In any case, our star has another job waiting in the wings, so s/he might actually get the last laugh by winding up with two jobs when this is over."

I'm choosing to believe it is referring to Adam until I'm proven irrefutably incorrect!! I can't live without my weekly dose of Delko. :drool:

5. delkolover

Sounds interesting but....

I think that might be refering to Paula Abdul and American Idol. Those negotiations were ALL over the media like the blind item says. And having fans calling a toll free number to vote sounds soooooo much like something American Idol would do. Hell, they do it every week on the show for the contestants! Plus, it has been reported that Paula has already been picked up by SYTYCD.

Plus did you hear how much Paula wanted from the show? A cool $10 million!!:eek:

6. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Well...I had hope for like two seconds. Thanks Jackie. :p Still, they do make a point. Maybe negotiations aren't over. Then again, maybe they are and all we can do is hope that the writers don't royally screw EC.

7. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^^Yeah, that pretty much has to be about Paula Abdul, doesn't it? That's been all over the place, and I'm pretty sick of hearing about her already. :lol:

I don't know if it was this thread or the Eric thread that somebody mentioned a publicity stunt, but do we have any proof that this isn't that? I was thinking, there are a fair number of people who watch this show who are spoiler-free, either by choice or because they don't know spoilers actually are out there. So maybe they see the news articles and, after last season's cliffhanger, think Eric dies in the premiere and leaves the show. I think, until we have something official, that there is a very very slim possibility that this may just be to trick people in thinking Eric dies or something - since Rory's leaving wasn't exactly a surprise, maybe they want to try a reverse surprise (if you will) with Eric? But that's just me trying to be optimistic. I'm holding out until we get something official or at least something more specific than the several versions of the same story that we already have. Call it wishful thinking if you like ;) but what else do we have, though?

Now, if Emily had merely said "I think my romance is in jeopardy" without throwing the stuff about the contract negotiations in there, I might've believed myself. :lol: I'm so in denial, guys. :(

I wish 10 episodes were enough to get Calleigh a baby, so maybe we could have Eric leaving to play stay-at-home dad, aww. For now, I guess I'll just be crossing my fingers that he goes to the nightshift or elsewhere just so he can still be with her. It will be the ultimate slap in the face to us as EC fans if they leave Eric and Calleigh unresolved. You don't spend 7 years bringing a couple together and just tear them apart and be done with it like this. Maybe you spend 7 years bringing a couple together and then have one of them spend some time at home recovering before coming back to work (as I'm hoping season nine might bring - if Jorja can leave and come back later, so can Adam), but you don't just pretend like it was nothing all along. By the writing of the show, Eric is in love with Calleigh. Contract or no, you don't just throw that away. You just don't. :(

You know, I think this hurts more because of all of Emily's talk about wanting Calleigh to have a baby, and saying it would fit well with the EC story. :(

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  8. delkolover

I totally agree!!

If Adam is indeed leaving...hell if both of them are leaving b/c I am still hung up on Emily's use of the word "we" in her interview and the fact that I find it hard to believe she would air out Adam's "dirt laundry" so to speak....the writers better give E/C and its fans their due.

I'm sorry I keep saying it but I just get the feeling that both might be leaving....I am probably sooo very wrong but my gut won't leave it alone.

Anyway.....

Like you said you don't spend 7 years building something up, get the couple together and then leave it completely unresolved b/c one half of the ship is leaving the show. It would be a total cop out b/c there are no guarantees that Adam would come back for an arc involving them. Their best bet, if they are smart which lately the juror is still out on, will be to resolve E/C's issue and make them happy happy before his exit. It would be hard to do considering he would be gone from the show but there is nothing that says his character has to actually leave Miami (the city not the show). He could frickin retire from the force and do something else in the area or even switch to the nightshift like some have suggested...there are many possibilities, the city of Miami is huge. Writers seem to feel the need, when an actor leaves a show, to have them move to some obscure location on the planet few have ever heard of for some even more obscure reason....something I think is completely retarded and unnecessary. We, as fans, know the actor has left the show and that it is a tv show, we are not stupid....this show ignores all common sense anyway so we wouldn't be that nit picky (although there are some who might) to constantly complain that at some point the team should run into the character during an investigation. Like I said, Miami is huge....it would be plausible for the team to move about the city and not run into him. Undoubtably though and b/c these writers often lack creativity, Eric will be leaving the state of Florida and more than likely the frickin country. :rolleyes:

Now if Adam is only around for the first 10 eps of the season, that imo, is more than enough time to get them over whatever issues they are having as a result of the events in the finale. I mean how long, even if he wasn't leaving could you possibly drag it out w/o it getting boring and redundant? Redundancy seems to be the forte of these writers in the last few years so anything is possible but seriously. I often wonder if they do stupid sh*t like this on purpose or if they are actually that moronic.

Given Emily has expressed her desire to have a baby and the fact that I think she would absolutely hate it if they didn't write it in b/c it would mean she would be stuck in the lab standing behind things for a better part of the season....I am hoping that they get E/C back together right before he leaves and Cal turns out to be pregnant. They don't necessarily have to be a couple when he leaves, they just have to have sex. I know it is cliched but really if the writers write it in, how else are they going to explain it? or deal with it? It is a catch 22 really when you think about it. Then if Adam agrees to come back for a small story arc they could do something with it and E/C then. It would probably help them write Emily out for her maturnity leave too....don't forget, they would have to explain Cal's absence even if the pregnancy is written into the show....I don't really see her going home since, from what we know, she isn't very close with her family. So Eric could return and she could be off with him for a while.

BUT so god help me if they have her get pregnant from a one night stand with someone....my god if that happens I think I might actually write a letter to the writers and literally call them the dumbest people on the planet. Or better yet fly to L.A. and bitch slap each and every one of them :lol:

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Can somebody go back and watch Emily's interview again? Did she say "we..." or, "there were..."? It makes a big difference...

10. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

okay, i know that a lot of us have lost hope. i kinda have. BUT, I refuse to accept what happens until it actually happens. The one article that says point-blank about Adam and whatever is kinda depressing, but MAYBE TPTB are just trying to hype up the first part of the season. It draws viewers in, if they think that romance/character/or whatever is in jeopardy. I'm hoping that they are doing this whole, "Adam is leaving, adam is leaving! Calleigh and Delko are breaking up!" cr*p that people will watch. Cuz no one wants to miss the last episode of a character who has been around for eight seasons who, along with his female costar, practically hold the show together. And maybe Delko WILL leave, but come back when he finds out about some drama in 8.02 and Calleigh.

In response to Adam's tweets
    okay so when he states "Nine more to go" maybe he means HOURS IN THE WORK DAY!!!! Actors are known to spend 14+ hours a day on set.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLEASE RELAX!!! You are giving me a heart attack.

11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

It seems to me she said there were, but I'm not 100% sure.

I so agree with you girls. I totally don't get it why they build it so long just to destroy it after few moments. It's something I can't understand:confused:.
    If they have invested so much in this relationship then why it's goinig to end so fast and in such a not nice way. :(
    And I wonder if Emily really didn't know that he can leave when she mentioned the possibility of E/C having a baby in Monte Carlo. I mean she admited that he hasn't signed a contract, so why she said that a baby would fit nicely into their story if there were doubts whether he will sign a contract?
    It's all so annoying, I'd rather like to know then wonder all the time what's going on. :wtf:
    Besides they can't keep it in secret forever, sooner or later they'll have to say something. Though I guess now they happy as hell, because it definitely keep people interested. And no matter how it's going to end everybody talk about it now and I suppose it's what they want.

12. delkolover

I rewatched the vid and she does say "there were" HOWEVER....in the articles from E! News and Latina Blog...they quote her as saying "we were." I don't know why they are different but that is where I got the "we" from and how I derived my theory. What I don't get is how it happened....how they show the vid of her saying one thing and then quote her on another? :confused:

I just want you guys to know I am not delusional nor would I make something up!!! I am not that crazy :lol: I came up with the theory based on what I read. ;)

But I do stand corrected in that I have been saying that in the vid she says "we."

And I still don't know why she laughed....the only thing I can think of, as many have said, is she realizes as she is saying it, she is NOT supposed to be saying. It definately seems like a nervous laugh. On that, that is all I got! :lol:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  13. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

You know, I would hope that the writers would realize that having Calleigh go off with some random guy like whatsherface in that one show did is totally compromising the character. It isn't really Calleigh's style...now if we were getting the old Eric pregnant, maybe. But yeah,if Calleigh's gonna get knocked up, they'd better have it be with Eric.
    And seriously, you're right about the whole just because he leaves the show doesn't mean he has to leave Miami thing. Seriously, there's a lot that Eric could do. He could be a diving instructor (especially if they take the fragment out of his brain...less chance of aneurysm then IMO) or a Spanish teacher, maybe UM would take him as a prof...he is highly qualified and an alumnus...I seriously have half a mind to write to these guys and "help" them do their job. Not that they'd ever listen, or even that my ideas are that good, but seriously...probably better than what they have.
    Crap...I had non-spoiler stuff I was gonna say, but evidently I have the attention span of a goldfish. Ah well.

14. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

that makes so much since, he doesn't have to have left Miami, and they don't need to be broken up, look at CSI:LV, with Grissom and Sara, Jorja left the show, but they still made her and Grissom be together, so they could do that with Eric and Calleigh, if Adam is actully leaving, becouse he could still be there, anyway, thats a good point... write to tptb... write!!

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

You know, that's what I thought at first - I even counted the hours between the tweet and when I assumed the work day would end for them (based on what somebody had said before? I really don't know how I got the numbers I got :lol: ) and I think it came out to exactly nine. But who knows, lol.

You know, Eric could go back to underwater recovery. That would make the most sense of anything, I think. If the outing of Eric and Calleigh's relationship is a problem because they're in the same department, then he could go back to underwater recovery and they could still be together. And in the best case scenario, we would still get to see Eric since a fair number of their crimes do involve underwater recovery, and he does enjoy diving, and think about it - he could stop by the lab occasionally to bring Calleigh lunch or something, aww. He would still be doing something he loves, and he could be with the one he loves, aww. It doesn't make me happy because me being happy would equal Eric still at CSI as a full-time cast member, but the idea makes me happier than the idea of losing him altogether, because that just sucks.

Emily's laughter in that video is just puzzling. :confused: No, this entire thing is just confusing, and I wish we had some official info if for no other reason than to clear up the confusion. None of this even came about until Emily spoke up, did it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.