Rodriguez Says Goodbye In Season Eight

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 6, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<I>CSI: Miami</I> actor <font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font> (Eric Delko) will return for the show's eighth season, but he will not stick around.<p>As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/060809_01.shtml">reported</a>, Rodriguez's future with <I>Miami</I> is not set in stone. Now <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/">TV Guide Magazine</a> reveals that Rodriguez will be back in the season eight premiere, but he will not remain on the show for the entire season. A source close to the actor indicated that Rodriguez will hopefully film a multi-episode arc before saying goodbye, but it is possible that he may not appear beyond the season premiere.<p>It was previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/230709_02.shtml">reported</a> that <font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font> (Timothy "Speed" Speedle) was approached to appear in the season eight premiere's flashback to 1997. <I>TV Guide Magazine</I>'s source said the possibility may still be on the table, but it is not known whether Cochrane will sign on. "He's very close to Adam," the source said. "Unless it's okay with Adam, he will not do it."<p>CBS and Rodriguez have issued no comment about Rodriguez's exit or Cochrane's possible return. The season premiere will feature the first look at <font color=yellow>Eddie Cibrian</font> (Jesse Cardoza), the newest addition to the <I>Miami</I> cast. Former star <font color=yellow>Khandi Alexander</font> (Dr Alexx Woods) will return for the premiere when Delko's injuries from the season seven finale, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season7/seeing_red.shtml">"Seeing Red"</a>, send him to the ER.<p>The original information is from <A class="link" HREF="http://tvguidemagazine.com/news/exclusive-adam-rodriguez-to-leave-csi-miami-1962.html">TV Guide Magazine</a>. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Shane</font> from TalkCSI for the heads up.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It should be noted that nobody from the network has confirmed this - but I guess we should take it as truth until we're told otherwise. It's possible that they're still trying to work out the details...

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

We already know Rory turned it down so why is this article saying he might still sign on?

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This is the one article I saw that had/has me confused. Didn't Rory already turn this down? There shouldn't be a "may or may not".
    Also, while I do realize that Adam & Rory are close friends, why on earth would it need to be ok with Adam for Rory to agree. I'm seriously confuzzled on that comment.

Does this "close source" not know that....
    Eric is mentioned in episode 2 (alive & kicking) , & also appears in epi 3.
    ^ This may very well be the multiple-epi arc that was talked about, but it still this makes no sense along with the "may or may not" with Rory cause from what I understand that deal is off & has been for a while now.
    I don't like any of this. :shifty: Tptb just need to open up thier little mouths & tell us what the heck is goin' on!

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The article from TV Guide Magazine made it sound like Rory may still do it, so I went with that. *shrug* I'm pretty sure our original 'confirmation' that he wouldn't do it was from Ausiello...yep, I found a working link here - Ausiello confirms it there, but there's no accompanying quote from anybody at the show - just like there's no quote from someone at the show here. I guess until Ann Donahue or someone else gives a statement, anything is possible.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The thing is, they've already wrapped up filming the premiere, & if Rory did indeed appear in this episode, then I would think that someone would be announcing it all over just to hype up the premiere. Considering there hasn't been anymore mention of Rory appearing for the flashback episode, my guess is that he did not agree to do it -- which is why that statement seems very odd to me. I wonder when the "close source" reported this to TVGuide.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wish tptb would tell us 100% what the heck is going on where Adam and Rory are concerned. I'm getting more and more confused by the second. :lol:

I'm guessing that what they're saying is that Rory is good friends with Adam and if it would bother Adam (that is, if Adam is having problems with tptb at Miami), Rory wouldn't do it. Not that he needs his okay, he just wouldn't out of respect for his friend. :shrug:

8. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

I'm confused! :wtf:

Adam can't leave, if that's the case CSI:Miami might have to get demoted on my favorite shows list.

And we need some one to talk, all this going around is driving me insane, someone has to know someone who knows someone with some legitimate information.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

TV Guide Magazine is a pretty credible source. Wow. Totally in shock about this--I wonder what happened!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's likely that the episodes were written before this contract stuff came up. Though I wouldn't think right before a new season would be the time to open up/begin contract negotiations, so my guess is that this was either unresolved and they assumed it would be resolved and it hasn't been, or else Adam wants out of his contract. Either way--pretty surprising!

10. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Well, my feelings on this are, if Adam wants out, I'm fine with it, if he doesn't then TPTB need to keep him on the show.

I would not be surprised if Adam wanted out, though. While Eric has had a lot of focus lately it hasn't exactly been great story lines. Besides his character went from someone who was sweet, caring, independent, smart and funny, to Calleigh's lapdog and....well, I hate to admit it, but there have been a few times the last few seasons where I didn't like him too much. There were a few times Eric was just a down right jerk. Which is a big jump from the Eric we met in Season 1. Adam strikes me as being a rather smart individual, he's had to notice the downgrade in Eric. I know I'm not the only fan who did. He may be wanting to get out before TPTB totally ruin his character.

I would be sad to see Eric go, don't get me wrong, I do like him. But I could understand if Adam wanted to leave. Now if Adam leaving is only because of poor negotiating on TPTB's part then they need to cough up whatever Eric is asking for and keep him on the show.

I hope that makes sense, I don't feel like I said what I wanted to say properly. Also, on the plus side, this might mean we'll get some focus on Ryan which would be plus for me. The PTB only give him little bits or the occasional episode now and then. I would like them to give him a full entire GOOD story ARC that last longer than one episode. One that makes him look like the competent CSI we know he is. And I have to say I would NOT miss the so called "romance" going on. Though, a "grieving" Calleigh would be just as annoying if not more so, so......

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  11. chinagirl619

chinagirl619 Civilian

I know everyone thinks Delko is so cute and so hot, but geeze I think he's been shot in the head too many times and the writers are running out of excuses to explain his poor acting ability. Adam Rodriguez is played out, and is one of those guys that is only good for standing around and looking cute. And not talking. It's about time to that he moves onto other better things. I can't wait to see a new face on Miami - Eddie Cibrian (Jesse Cardoza). He's way hotter than Delko!!