The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Probably Hugh Laurie (that's who's nominated from House right?). He always wins. :lol: I'd love for it to be Simon Baker, but I dunno.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I hope Simon Baker wins.This season of House was not the best and Simon is great!!:thumbsup:

3. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Not sure.

2.01 Redemption (just maybe :lol:)
    2.02 Scarlett Letter

4. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Something tells me Hugh will win, I love both actors terribly, any one will do for me :)

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I love the new opening credits. Very slick.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yes! The new opening credits were much better than the definition of a mentalist that used to show up.

I liked the episode, nothing spectacular, but I liked it nonetheless. Out of NCIS, CSI: Miami, NCIS and NCIS: LA, it was probably my second favourite premiere of the week.

- I loved how Rigsby was still asking Cho about why he was in juvie. :lol:

- When Rigsby and Cho just casually walked up to that thing, kicked it and told the guy to come out.

- Loved when Patrick went with them to the house, while Rigsby didn't approve but Cho went along with it.

- The Lisbon/Jane hug. :lol: Well more the Patrick-forces-you-to-hug-him thing. I don't want to ship a typical ship in this show, but I kinda like them together. My brother even said "they like each other" at that part.

- I didn't like when that guy Sam was being mean to Patrick. Mostly because I think Patrick knows he was quite the fraud when he was doing the psychic stuff and doesn't exactly feel good about it, and that guy had to rub it in his face, and then tell him he wasn't going to keep him up to date on the Red John case. :/ I thought Patrick would be a little more pissed that he was being kicked off the case. Yes, he was going to quit at first, but I thought we'd get a little more of a reaction from him. *shrug*

- No inklings of Grace/Rigsby relationship this episode. Well actually, I guess when Cho said to Rigsby "like you don't have any secrets" that was sort of referencing to it.

That's all I can remember right now. XD I had to get thoughts down.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  7. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Always love their banter and Jane's antics - but he def. isn't stupid not repeating his words to Cho when Cho's the one with the car , and nice strawberry apology.
    Van Pelt so cute with her little happy jump . The boys teaming up and Rigsby then getting cold feet :lol: (and I totally ship Jane/Cho :lol::p ).

Doesn't matter for me who of the two would win , but could be Laurie with his a little more intense and dramatic role he had to play ....we'll see ^^

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

So any thoughts on the season premier last week?

Love this show and Simon Baker. Wasn't that thrilled with the premier but the next few eppisodes sound good.

9. 915

915 CSI Level One

Being new to this show and only seeing a few episodes so far I have to say I liked the premiere episode, but I have seen a few that I liked a little better. I really need to watch old episodes cause I keep screwing up character names, except Jane his is the easiest for me to remember he is my favorite after all.

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~"I've trained myself to hear even when asleep" (or something along those lines) "The others told you" "Yep"
    ~I loved the betting over where the guy was.
    ~All I can think at the moment is "ZOMG It's JJ's baby-daddy!" ...I need help.
    ~Anyone besides me grin that Grace and Rigsby were talking and smiling? Anyone? No?
    ~"You ever gonna man up and make a move on VanPelt?" "Fine, don't tell me." Hee.
    ~"You won't regret this" "I already do" Ah, confidence. How we lack it. *g*
    ~Lisbon is going to kill you. Just so you know.
    ~Well, that was probably the easiest chase ever.
    ~The commercial for Independence Blue Cross with the immortal nurse never fails to make me smile slightly.
    ~I think it's amusing that Jane knows everything. At all times. About everyone. (Although I don't think earlier he was expecting to get scissors pointed into his throat.)
    ~Aw, that's mean. Although strangely amusing.
    ~"Congratulations, you got her to drink the Kool-Aid." Hee.
    ~"You're gonna die alone." HEE.
    ~Oh, Jane... bad. And I can't believe those cops didn't see that.

11. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Rigsby and VanPelt!! :adore: It's about time! Any thoughts? BTW, I think Jane totally could sense that they were making out!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Jane knew too! :lol: I kept wondering if she was gonna give in... it was sad when she said it wasn't the best time and his face just fell. I expected to see a little fist pump after she kissed him and went into the other room. :lol:

Holly's bf Henry from What I Like About You turned out to be the killer. :/

Did anyone else giggle when the widow and that other woman were rolling around on the ground fighting? :lol: And the widow was played by Horatio's former girlfriend. :lol: I can't remember her name. :lol: I don't think she was the one who got killed, I think she was the one he called things off with because he didn't like the way she went after his people when she was a lawyer.

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Christina Chang played Lillian Foster. She played State Attorney Rebecca Nevins in 7 episodes of Miami.

14. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Liked the epi, even if I had a feeling about the murder early on (I mean young male of a once well known family, they want the house back and when the rumor about a treasure was mentioned...)

The whole Rigsby/Van Pelt scene was cute ;) hope they don't ruin it ...

Oh I love Cho, he's so great at deadpens :guffaw:

@DeaditeSlayer: yay for the catfight :lol:
    And thanks, I had the feeling I know her somehow...
    Imdb : actress: Christina Chang; role on CSI M: State Attorney Rebecca Nevins...

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I loved last nights episode and I'm glad Grace and Rigsby finally, well, kissed. Besides that time that Rigsby was hypnotized. xD I was starting to get annoyed at Grace being one of those female characters who so obviously like the guy, but are too scared to do anything about it. So I was happy when she finally took charge and pulled him into that room. Although, personally I kinda like Jane/Lisbon better, even if there haven't been many hints yet. ;)

Cho is so freaking funny. I must say this in every post I write about The Mentalist, but I just love him. He says things so calmly that you don't know whether or not he's trying to be funny.

Ooh and at the end, when the widow came in and asked Jane whether or not he thinks the dead know that the living are sorry, I'm glad he said no. I love that about his character. He doesn't usually lie about things just to make people happy. I thought he was gonna start crying again like he did in that psychic lady episode last season, but he didn't.

I knew it was going to be that "lawyer".

"Ask about the ghosts!" "Don't ask about the ghosts." *Cho looks over Lisbon's shoulder at Jane* Aah I love when Cho goes along with what Jane says. xD

Aaaand, "Bite me! We're done for the night!" ............ "Bite me?" "Too much?" "Uh, a smidge... it worked, it was fine. Just a little over the top." XD

Loved the epi. :D