Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Not to put the actors down, but if I was making what they make per episode I would not complain. I honestly don't think anyone is worth $500,000 a week. I guess they treat their salaries like we do with ours.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well no one else from Miami was on the list and the lowest paid actor on the list went down to, I think, $100,000 an ep....so who knows how much the rest of the cast is actually making. They could be making next to nothing while the "show runners" make all the money.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Don't get me started on salaries. I mean how can you be unhappy getting paid what you do to act? Give me a break! They should be happy they don't have to do the crap most of us do! So I don't want to hear them cry about salaries and contracts. It's pathetic!

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

All this money talk makes me think I'm in the wrong line of business :lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The money talk is reminding me of Friends. They all held out for a raise and in the end, they were getting a million per episode for a thirty minute show. :wtf: That's a lot for something that short. I thought the amount was ridiculous to be honest. :lol:

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you completly. I understand that money are important, but please I don't know anyone else who gets 200 000 or more for a week of work.
    I heard some actors saying it's a hard work, so they desereve it. But then I recall one interview with a goal keeper from my country, he said that if someone says that plaiyng soccer is a hard work he really doesn't know what he's talking about. He said that his dad was a mnner, so if someone would like to feel what hard work is he should go to the mine and then speak about hard work. I guess sportmans are similar to the actors when it comes to salaries, so I often recall his words in such cases.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

A bad sign yes, but originally the news about Eddie coming in was that he was coming in as a cop -- I don't think anyone aside from spoiler readers even realize that he is going to be a CSI. Considering all this, maybe tptb really have no idea if Jesse will be a CSI or cop, maybe they're waiting for Adam's contract status to decide what Jesse's role will actually be.
    As everyone has pointed out, they released spoilers that included Speedle when Rory hadn't agreed on the commitment, then swapped scripts when he turned it down, so there is a small possibility that the spoilers we've seen (as far as Jesse goes) might change when Adam's decision is actually made.

I've been lurking in other spoiler threads & there's been loads of talk from producers/writers for the sister shows' new season, but Miami has been sooo awfully quiet -- it's like they have no idea what's going on either. :vulcan:

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree. SO MUCH. My mom still can't fathom why Khandi Alexander left the show: "If I were paid that much to be on a show, I'd never leave! That's just stupid!"

Now, if someone decides to leave because they are not enjoying their work, okay. I don't pretend to understand, since I'd put up with certain amount of crap if I was getting paid that much, but okay. However, leaving because your $100,000+ per episode salary just isn't *enough*? THAT is pathetic.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's like they were saying about Paula Abdul last night on Showbiz Tonight. If she felt she was not getting the respect that she felt she deserved or the respect that her other co-workers were getting, no amount of money would be enough to make her happy most likely. I'm not saying Adam got disrespected, but I believe that it's highly possible that Khandi felt that way.

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:eek:Contentment on the job has little to do with salary. Regardless of profession, we all are paid according to whatever the traffic will bear. Whining about how much someone else makes is also pathetic.

Every profession has contract issues, whether it's union or management. It's simply part of the equation.

11. delkolover

Well the latest spoilers for 803 confirm that Jesse is indeed a CSI....in fact he tells Ryan at the original crime scene that he was sworn in that morning as a CSI/Miami officer. The spoilers even say he is carrying a "kit."

But you might be right. You know how many changes are made to a script from when it is originally finished to when the episode finally airs on tv?? A TON. And not just dialogue and such....stuff gets cut out on the editing room floor as well. Episodes go through massive changes before they ever air.

Yeah I noticed that too. None of the people associated with this show have said boo....other than the announcement about Eddie joining the cast....basically that was the only interview a producer or power that be gave. Maybe they don't know what is going on. They don't want to give an interview while things are up in the air and either look foolish or get our hopes up.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I think the hardest thing is just not knowing what the devil is going on.

I really hope CBS makes an official statement soon. It's a Thursday, everybody! Nobody's asking you to come in on the weekend to do a press conference! Tomorrow's Friday, make good use of it, then you have the entire weekend to relax and tune out any angry reactions before you go back to work Monday and have to face the music!

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Quote:
    That is my fear as well. We'll have to hope the TPTB are smart enough to reward, for lack of better word, seniority. It isn't as if there aren't plenty of stories that could be written (especially in the case of Ryan).

Kyle is a drop in the bucket budget-wise. If the budget was a problem and they wanted new blood, find a "newbie", not someone with name recognition.

I never thought of that. There would be no reason for another CSI unless one was possibly leaving.

Hopefully we will get an official word soon about Adam. We will all just have to see.

14. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I have to say, adding a new cast member could easily dip the ratings, especially with Adam's departure. But maybe it will not be so bad if the writers would even out the screen time a little more.

15. delkolover

I still don't get why no one has said anything.....media outlets have obviously picked up the story....granted they aren't really running with it but still. the not knowing is bothering the hell out of me.

I mean he if is only going to be recurring for a few eps fine. Recurring throughout the entire season, even better. If he is leaving, after 2 eps bullox!! But can someone PLEASE JUST FRICKIN TELL US one way or the other? :lol:

EDIT

This is an interesting tid bit i just got a google alert on Emily Procter but it is all about Adam.... http://www.latina.com/blogs/vivo-por-tivo/adam-rodriguez-leave-csi-miami

It says he might announce he is leaving on Monday during a televised interview with E! news.

I am still a little disconcerted by Emily's use of the word "we" when she talks about contract negotiations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.