Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: Eric and Calleigh #37

That article definately explained ALOT of things. Even if he isn't leaving permanently...I think we will only see him sparingly.

It sounds like contract negotiations went sour and the show fell back to Eddie Cibrian and if that is the case, no offense to Eddie, if I were Adam I would be a little upset too and possibly look for the door. Interestingly enough from what I know, Emily hasn't signed a contract either....so.....:eek:

I am going to wait until we hear it from Adam but it doesn't look good.

Either way, this sucks!! :lol:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

I'm super Sad right now :(

So I guess we read into Adams twitts correctly unfortunately. I feel like I just had a chocolate fudge sundae dangled in my face only to snatched away after only getting one bite and of course the sundae being E/C. This can still be fixed TPTB can still negotiate with Adam. Now it seems like Eddie Cibrian is an insurance plan in case negotiations didn't fall through with Adam. I dont think I can continue watching the show without Adam it just wont be the same and everytime I see Calleigh I'll just think of E/C and it'll be incredibly depressing and all I be left with is laughing at Horatios one liners. :( If it really is about contract negotiations it can be resolved but what next I mean they have already started shooting episodes.

3. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I could not have said it better myself! I am so sad thinking about this and the chocolate sundae analogy is the perfect way to describe it! I can't watch the show if this is true it will be too sad!

4. Georgie

Georgie Victim

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I can't believe this is happening! It's feels like a bad dream, only I woke up this morning and it was still there! :scream:
    I will definitely not watch the show if these two are gone. As I said earlier, I only started watching CSIM regularly because of them. No D&D, no D&Daddict :( The show's ratings will definitely take a drastic plunge. What's CBS thinking? I don't see how they could fill the the huge void that their departure will leave, no matter how many goodlooking newbies they hire...
    Maybe they'll start their own new show: the Eric & Calleigh show :guffaw:Wouldn't that be great!

6. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

You know what? I'm really getting sick and tired of this "will they/ Won't they" thing (I'm sick and tired, of always being sick and tired :lol: This song is in my head now :lol:) but, seriously, this is not even funny!! I'm really sick of this, if some of them will really leave the show, why the hell did they built this romance?? Why did they gave us hope about them? I just don't get it!!! OMFG :scream:

If they want to end this in Miami style, you just have to put them in a bed, and someone gets in the house I torture them and killing them, ok, maybe that's too much :lol:

That's it, I'll do break in all the threads of E/C, Emily, Adam,... Everyone! This is just getting in my nerves, and I can't take it, for god's sake, I'm on vacation and I won't make them a sh*t just 'cause of this :lol: :rolleyes:

Well, I said my last word, see you guys in September :lol: :p

7. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

If this turns out to be true I think this may be my last season to watch Miami.:( We have waited so long for Calleigh and Eric to get together and admit their feelings for each other and to have them split already and him leave is just too much. This will probably be bad for ratings, all of EC's fans will be up in arms over this and I for one will be very disappointed that TPTB chose to go this route.:confused: EC is the ultimate ship-we must not be denied!!!!! ok so that's a little overly dramatic but so true-lol:guffaw:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. das576

das576 Hit and Run

First, what does "TPTB" mean????? Maybe that's a dumb question but I don't know.

2nd:

scottylass I agree with you! I am done watching if he's gone and they break up! too sad to watch. I just don't get it! I wonder how much he wants that they won't give him and they are willing to lose the ratings for it? I mean if it's contract related and all. this totally sucks!

9. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

TPTB means The People That Be(I think!)-you know those wonderfully intelligent people who make the always good and right decisions regarding our favorite characters/storylines-do you sense a little sarcasm? My husband said a few seasons ago that Miami had "jumped the shark" and stopped watching but I defended the show and continued to be a loyal viewer but I fear my loyalty will be sorely tested this season. I've been rewatching old E/C episodes and I still think that they have some of the best chemistry of any csi ship(with F/A running close 2nd but look what happened to them...) Even in the past when they were just friends the attraction and affection between them was obvious(to me anyway) I hope they don't
    end as badly as is being reported. Maybe they are still together and Eric does what he said he would do and transfer to a different shift. That would explain his leaving but also leave the possibility open that we will still see him/them in some scenes/episodes. This is my wishful thinking for a somewhat more enjoyable season.

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Unfortunatelly it's a really sad day for all of us:(. But what surprised me the most is the fact that they have managed to keep it a secret for such a long time. I don't know how they did it.:confused:
    I don't understand one thing, why they started this relationship if they wasn't sure how it'll ends. Beacuse I don't believe they didn't know Adam considers the possibility of leaving the show. I mean I don't think he came to them one day and just said that he's leaving. If his contract ran to the end they had to talk to him about his future in show, so I suppose they should discuss different possibilities.
    I can't even imagine Miami without Eric and Calleigh. And I don't know if I'll be able to watch it after his departure and their break up. I love to watch these two. They are such a cute, lovely couple(not mention how hot:)) that it's such a pleasure to watch them. I thought that they will be together no matter what. And here's such a unpleasant surprise. We even didn't get a proper love scene between them.
    Now it seems so stupid that they built it so long and carefully. Because unfortunatelly after only few episdoes it's going to end in such a nasty way.
    I'm so sorry, because watching E/C for me was a wonderful entertainment, the great escape from reality, which can be painful sometimes:(. I guess I will have to find other entertainment, but it definitely won't be easy.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Great, this they has been filled with such wonderful news. My husband didn't get the job we so desperately need, the responsability for a car accident fell on me so my insurance won't pay for my very damaged car, and Adam is leaving so there goes EC. Should've just stayed in bed and do nothing :(.

This is just awful. I can't imagine watching Miami without Eric so I'll probably just stop. Too bad for me since it's my favorite show. I totally understand were you're coming from Monica1604, EC is definitely my escape from reality and now that's taken away. Ugh, what a crappy day.

12. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

13. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Oh my god, I have not been on this board in ages and I come back to see this! I can swear that my mouth dropped down to the floor, I truly will not think of the show the same way if Adam leaves! I am still not used to Khandi's departure and now I have to brace for another? I understand truly that it is the actor's choice on how to run their life but the Calleigh/Eric romance just got started and has so much more potential that could be explored, maybe even see her open up about her family a bit more. (I am going to miss the scenes like the coffee)

Sorry for my little rant.

14. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

It gets worse!!!!

Wow this is still not the comfirmation I'm looking for but it looks like it starting to hit the fan! Worst case scenario only the Adam being only in the premier!!! This sucks so bad. I really wish we knew what's going on cause this is driving me insane. From the looks of it this is the end of the E/C because 9 episodes(if we get that) it not adequate screentime for a romance.

I just gotta keep telling myself this can be fixed!

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I read that article yesterday. I just got a google alert for a new article about his departure.

http://www.latina.com/blogs/vivo-por-tivo/adam-rodriguez-leave-csi-miami

It looks like he might make the official announcement on Monday during a live interview with E! News. That is probably why no one has said anything...they are waiting til Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.